HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Top 30 Mock draft

Old
06-20-2006, 06:28 PM
EquabaleAce

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
TSN Top 30 Mock draft

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=7065&hubname=

TSN has us picking Mark Mitera. I don't mind the pick, he seems like a solid all-round defenceman.

Where is he going to school next year?

EquabaleAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 06:30 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I would not be verry happy if this is who the Habs end up with!

If he is the best we can get I would hope BG pulls a fast one to move either up or down in the draft!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 06:33 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I don't think Mitera is going to become more than a bottom pairing D. That's not the kind of player I would aim for in the first round.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Mitera is already at Michigan, same school as Jack Johnson.

I'd be extremely dissapointed if he was our pick with Stewart, Summers and Alexandrov still on board.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan

I'd be extremely dissapointed if he was our pick with Stewart, Summers and Alexandrov still on board.
Me too...he might be a safer pick, but the upside isn't there IMO...

Alexandrov would be better for sure.

As for the mock, it's a good one. Not much big surprises, so it's a safe mock after all.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 06:53 PM
David_99

With those little "notes" they seem to be leaning a little more towards team needs then BPA

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Traitor8

man I hope we trade in the 2nd round to get Joensuu like we did with Latendresse...

didn't Joensuu use to be a top 10 pick for sure last year?

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Fozz

Mitera is a Jay McKee type d-man... If he develops the same game, I'd be very happy with this pick!

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 07:30 PM
KaptainKourage*

THIS is the guy i want.
Look at the topic i start on prospect board abut him : http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=260259

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 07:35 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan

Well, if it's not one of the concensus picks like the ones you state above, I am afraid we are going to have the same kind of idiotic armchair GM reaction we have had the last two years with the Chipchura and Price picks. I am convinced that some one will lose it and go over to the Leafs board and renounce their allegiance to the Habs just because the team selected a kid the armchair internet hockey guru had not anticipated.

The draft, for me, loses a lot of it's luster when you come on here and try to read remarks from the very few who actually know what they are talking about, but instead end up with endless whinining drivel from hoards of people who think they are professional scouts.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Form and Substance

Hey I love surprises and all but a solid pick is a solid pick and Mitera is as solid as you get. Granted, I'll probably sit glum for a week before coming home to roost.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 07:46 PM
SOLR

Mitera..hmmm thats early! What central got him before Wyshart, Williams, Summers?

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Well, if it's not one of the concensus picks like the ones you state above, I am afraid we are going to have the same kind of idiotic armchair GM reaction we have had the last two years with the Chipchura and Price picks. I am convinced that some one will lose it and go over to the Leafs board and renounce their allegiance to the Habs just because the team selected a kid the armchair internet hockey guru had not anticipated.

The draft, for me, loses a lot of it's luster when you come on here and try to read remarks from the very few who actually know what they are talking about, but instead end up with endless whinining drivel from hoards of people who think they are professional scouts.
Great post

You are bang on, as if we know more about these players

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Top Corner2

BTW I'd be happy with Mitera. He seems like a very safe pick. That's a good thing where we are picking!

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz
Mitera is a Jay McKee type d-man... If he develops the same game, I'd be very happy with this pick!
he'd be definitely be a welcome addition if in fact he becomes a McKee type D

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Alouette_19

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Congratulations, Mitera has just been the 100th player which is likely to be taken by Habs Saturday according to all the mock draft

Alouette_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 11:17 PM
jcpenny

People overrates the fact that we need Dmen and that we'll draft one for sure in the first round. Obyrne and Emelin are emerging as top 4 dmen of the future, Komisarek is still young, Coté should be part of this team future and i still have hopes for Korpikari.

For many experts its a given that we'll draft a Dman in the first round but im not so sure of that...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 11:22 PM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Amen to that.

ShootOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
People overrates the fact that we need Dmen and that we'll draft one for sure in the first round. Obyrne and Emelin are emerging as top 4 dmen of the future, Komisarek is still young, Coté should be part of this team future and i still have hopes for Korpikari.

For many experts its a given that we'll draft a Dman in the first round but im not so sure of that...
It seems that there are a lot of late 1st/2nd round Dmen in this year's draft. I would guess that a decent one might be around for the Habs 2nd rounder.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 03:43 AM
NewHabsEra*

NHL's men should find another way to determine drafts order...

Pittsbugh have 2 of the best young players in the world in Crosby and Malkin and are gonna draft another elite player at the next draft.. Quite unfair!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Bob Bastards

For the 100th time: Drafting hockey player is a mix of black art, voodo and crap shot.
We can talk about it for a year and end up with a player no one expect, like Price last year. I must say I was pi$$ off by the pick last year, but with the hinsight I feel a lot better about it.

Bottom line, I am so sure Gainey will pull a trick up is sleeve again this year, it will be fun to watch.

Bob Bastards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Darz

Quote:
This is certianly an optimistic view about our defensive prospects. Emelin has shown he might be an NHL in waiting, but I don't know if he would be top 4, and O'Byrne can't be considered anything but a darkhorse NHL'er right now. I don't think too many in habs management is convinced of his ability to be a top 4 guy at the NHL level. Cote certainly could be a part of the teams future, but again, I dunno if he is worthy of a 'top 4' label, and Korpikari is a longshot at best.

Quote:
For many experts its a given that we'll draft a Dman in the first round but im not so sure of that....
I totally agree with you on this point however. I'm sure Gainey has a list with a bunch of prospects names on it. They are probablely ranked #1 to #whatever (I'm not sure how many names are on the list). I'm sure the list has forwards, dmen and even a goalie or two's name on it. When pick number #16 comes up (if we haven't traded up or down by then), Gainey will go to the podium and selected the highest remaining player on his list. If it's a dman, he will selected a dman, if it's a forward, etc. etc.

You could say we were is a similiar position as far as defenseman needs at this point last year and didn't select a dman man until 228 other names had been announced, so.....

06-21-2006, 08:23 AM
alexstream

1. Why would we go that far in the left field?
2. Why would everyone pass on Nigel Williams.
3. Why would we pass on Vishnevsky and Alexandrov who are arguably way better (from what I read...)
4. Why would we draft an average Dman with our 1st rounder when there are still some outstanding players left, e.g. Chris Stewart.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Artie

Based on what has been written about the "D's" available in this draft everyone after EJ is a crap shoot.

So personally I would take the forward with the best upside at #16 and then look at defencemen in the 2nd or 3rd.

There is always the chance of moving a roster player to pick up an additional 2nd rounder as well.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

I wouldn't even mind trading down if the draft goes like that. In 2004, the NY Rangers traded their 2nd round pick to move up from 24th to 19th overall. If a team drafting say 23-25th overall offered a second round pick to move up to 16th I would consider doing it. Quite sure we could still get a Mitera or a Foligno, Giroux at that pick. Give us an extra second rounder to add a Gryba or Hillier

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote