HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens @ Sabres - November 7th, 2003

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 11:28 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47
It showed? Oh, by that you must mean the 5 scoring chances or the 17 shots on goal. Oh wait, how silly of me, you must be talking about puck possession time.

Wait, you didn't touch the puck last night. Let's face it, saying the sabres are better then any other team after that game is just plain stupid on your part. Then again what should we expect from a sabres fan.
Who won the game? Buffalo or Montreal? Well, if you think we're so bad then I don't want to know what you think of your Habs considering the "bad" Sabres beat you guys last nite. Regardless of how many shots we've had.

I fail to see how the Habs, with a 1-6 record or whatever, in thier last 7 games or so, is better than a Sabres team who had a 4-2 west coast road trip defeating Calgary, Anaheim, Colorado, and Los Angeles. Sorry if we don't shoot the puck enough. But we win. More often than Montreal.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:52 AM
AK-47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Who won the game? Buffalo or Montreal? Well, if you think we're so bad then I don't want to know what you think of your Habs considering the "bad" Sabres beat you guys last nite. Regardless of how many shots we've had.

I fail to see how the Habs, with a 1-6 record or whatever, in thier last 7 games or so, is better than a Sabres team who had a 4-2 west coast road trip defeating Calgary, Anaheim, Colorado, and Los Angeles. Sorry if we don't shoot the puck enough. But we win. More often than Montreal.
History would tend to show otherwise (That loss makes us what? 400 games above .500 against the sabres.)

By the way, I was talking about the game last night. You can thank your lucky stars for that win. I wouldn't brag about it to anyone. Coz if you knew anything about hockey, then you'd realize you should've of loss that game by about 5 goals.

Seriously, do you remember seing a habs fan on your little board? No, I didn't think so.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:55 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
By the way, I was talking about the game last night. You can thank your lucky stars for that win. I wouldn't brag about it to anyone. Coz if you knew anything about hockey, then you'd realize you should've of loss that game by about 5 goals.
Which is why goaltending is part of the game. Our *backup* goalie outplayed your starter. Goaltending makes up half the game. And in this one, we beat you.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:57 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Which is why goaltending is part of the game. Our *backup* goalie outplayed your starter. Goaltending makes up half the game. And in this one, we beat you.

Are you still here? I thought you'd figure out by now that you aren't wanted on this board. You and all the other sabres fans. Oups, sorry. My mistake, I forget you happen to be the only they have.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
History would tend to show otherwise (That loss makes us what? 400 games above .500 against the sabres.)

Actually it makes you 3 games below .500 all time versus Buffalo. Hyperbole is great, but I'll take the facts, thank you very much.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:59 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Seriously, do you remember seing a habs fan on your little board? No, I didn't think so.
I forgot you guys had a rule against other teams' fans posting in the precious Canadiens' board.

Old
11-08-2003, 12:00 PM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Actually it makes you 3 games below .500 all time versus Buffalo. Hyperbole is great, but I'll take the facts, thank you very much.

Yep, take the facts to the bank kid. There, you'll notice the habs have won 24 stanley cups and happen to be the best team of all time. That's all I need to know, that's all I care about. Now, go back to the cave you came from.

Old
11-08-2003, 12:00 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007

I love it. You rock.

Old
11-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
You mean this isn't a logical and easily readable sentence?
Take your sarcasm, and place it somewhere else. If you want a discussion, try and remain mature.

Quote:
We already have wins against Dallas, LA (road), Toronto, Colorado (road) and Anaheim (road) as well as a road tie against Ottawa. Our other two wins were against weaker opponents (Calgary and Montreal) but a win is a win.
Ottawa has slumped all year, so has Toronto. Colorado has been a disappointment, and Anaheim has been terrible. Hate to break it to you, but you never really beat any top teams in the ones listed.

A quote from Buffalo:

"Mika's goaltending gave us a chance to stay in the game," Briere said. "Montreal was playing better than we were. They had more jump and better support all over the ice."

It's not just a few who thought we outplayed your team last night.

Shouldn't you wait until the end of the season, to claim your club is better than Montreal?

Old
11-08-2003, 12:15 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Yep, take the facts to the bank kid. There, you'll notice the habs have won 24 stanley cups and happen to be the best team of all time. That's all I need to know, that's all I care about. Now, go back to the cave you came from.

Funny, I didn't notice you mention the Stanley Cups before? Maybe if you'd been thoughtful enough to mention it in your orginal comment you might have had a leg to stand on, unfortunately you're the one with the yolk on your face and all I see is a team that outplayed their opponents, should have one, and was beat by the lesser team on the ice last night. Congratulations on your moral victory.

Old
11-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Mike8

Quote:
I forgot you guys had a rule against other teams' fans posting in the precious Canadiens' board.
We have a rule against other teams' idiotic fans posting here. We welcome mature discussions. But by and large we're not interested in immature discussions that start with "we're better than you."

These threads are for analyzing the games, not pissing contests. Come back when you grow up.

Old
11-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Habsaku

I'm impressed how bad this board has become. first we got all the bad Habs fans then we had the luck of having Buffs preteans. Good job Sabres, heres hoping you get a cup at least once to embelish that great history of yours.

Old
11-08-2003, 01:41 PM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I'm impressed how bad this board has become. first we got all the bad Habs fans then we had the luck of having Buffs preteans. Good job Sabres, heres hoping you get a cup at least once to embelish that great history of yours.

I have some sympathy for those sabres fans.

Honestly, it must be very hard for them, not having a board and all.

Closed Thread