HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo gone by July 1?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2006, 02:05 AM
  #26
8snake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
I am sure Keenan would be fine doing just that. He has no reason to send Luongo to Detroit, per se. He's just looking for the best possible return, no matter what team team sends an offer. If that team is Detroit, then fine, but if someone else tenders the better package... well, he's just looking to maximize return.

If Luongo is put on the block, his trade value is going to be astronomical. A young D with Norris potential (sic) and a promising young goalie? Yeah, that may be about right.

I don't see why the list of interested teams would be confined to the Wings and Kings alone. Could be a far wider pool of teams.
Keenan is in a position of weakness. Read what Bob McKenzie (TSN article) said about what the Panthers can really expect in return for Luongo. Teams arent going to empty their blue-chip prospect pool and give away star players for Luongo because of his situation, and the fact GM's know Keenan is in a tough spot. Holland (or any GM for that matter) would be bidding against themselves if they offered something like that (Howard, Kronwall, Hudler).

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 02:14 AM
  #27
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
I am sure Keenan would be fine doing just that. He has no reason to send Luongo to Detroit, per se. He's just looking for the best possible return, no matter what team team sends an offer. If that team is Detroit, then fine, but if someone else tenders the better package... well, he's just looking to maximize return.

If Luongo is put on the block, his trade value is going to be astronomical. A young D with Norris potential (sic) and a promising young goalie? Yeah, that may be about right.

I don't see why the list of interested teams would be confined to the Wings and Kings alone. Could be a far wider pool of teams.

You're being a little generous here. Anybody who thinks Hudler is a "top forward prospect" and projects Kronwall as a Norris winner, might have taken one too many drags from the homer pipe.

Good young players, certainly. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I still say Kronwall is going to have to be part of the deal. Otherwise, I expect Florida looks elsewhere IF they do deal Luongo.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 02:22 AM
  #28
Chayos
Registered User
 
Chayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978
That's a pretty attractive deal; do you think Howard is ready to be a #1 right now?

Holland has apparently said he wouldn't be moving Kronwall, Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

What about Fischer? (subject to his health)

IMO Hudler is going to have the same problem getting a job in Florida as Detroit. The Panthers already have Olesz, Horton and sometimes Gratton all playing wing because they have so many centres.

Maybe something like:

Fischer, Howard + 1st rounder (Detroit's is 29th overall. Not that great)

The oilers are in need of a goalie as well and they could probably offer a better deal than that.

How about Markannen and one of stoll or Horcoff for luongo conditional on a signed contract.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 02:33 AM
  #29
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
You're being a little generous here. Anybody who thinks Hudler is a "top forward prospect" and projects Kronwall as a Norris winner, might have taken one too many drags from the homer pipe.

Good young players, certainly. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I still say Kronwall is going to have to be part of the deal. Otherwise, I expect Florida looks elsewhere IF they do deal Luongo.
I never called Hudler a top forward prospect, and tossed a dubious sic on the Norris characterization myself... could be that you quoted the wrong post. See 8snake.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 02:38 AM
  #30
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Montreal has nothing to offer. I'm trying to be a homer, but it's true. Maybe he'll play one year there and then come home...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 02:57 AM
  #31
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I understand why Wing fans wouldn't want to include Kronwall, but I personally see that as something of a given.

Florida's biggest need is on defense, and of course, they'll need a goalie if Luongo is moved.

I could see Hudler being a throw-in though.

Perhaps, Kronwall, Hudler, and Howard.
to me it sounds like the pieces are there for a deal to be worked, but at the same time, both teams have the same strengths, weaknesses, and overpopulations. too many centermen, too little defensemen, and confusion as to what to do between the pipes.

i'd be extremely hesitant to trade kronwall anyway, but especially because of fischer's situation being in limbo right now. fisch and kronwall were/are our only two bright young stars on the blue line, now taking fischer out of the equation it leaves kronwall as our sole bright young star. therefore unless it was a deal that couldn't be passed up, i personally wouldn't trade kronwall. i know it sounds like im overvaluing him, but i know he's only just entering the league and who knows what his stats will be w/o the allstar cast around him, but between kronwall and lebda/quincey there's a big gap and i just can't justify weakening one position to strengthen another.

as i said at the top, the pieces are here, but i can't see them fitting together to make a deal where both sides win. the only way i could see kronwall being part of the trade is if kindl just absolutely astounds everyone and makes the team, but i believe that's at least a year or two off.

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 03:02 AM
  #32
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
The oilers are in need of a goalie as well and they could probably offer a better deal than that.

How about Markannen and one of stoll or Horcoff for luongo conditional on a signed contract.
That's the worst proposal I swear I have ever seen offered for Luongo AND you base it on a contract signed first. If Luongo had the long term deal, his value would be astronomical, and most teams wouldn't be willing to mortgage the farm, the summer cottage, the first born of every player, and every member's of the organization's wives on dealing for Luongo, because a long term deal Luongo will cost just that.

Clash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 03:46 AM
  #33
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!
 
TOPGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Holland
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,676
vCash: 500
What about this:

To Detroit:
Loungo

To Florida:
Howard, Kindl, 1st round pick 2006 + 1st round pick 2007

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 03:56 AM
  #34
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
I'm liking that Frolov deal more everytime I see it

Has that offer been confirmed by a certain source

I hate seeing Luongo's name like this though

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 09:28 AM
  #35
8snake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
You're being a little generous here. Anybody who thinks Hudler is a "top forward prospect" and projects Kronwall as a Norris winner, might have taken one too many drags from the homer pipe.

Good young players, certainly. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I still say Kronwall is going to have to be part of the deal. Otherwise, I expect Florida looks elsewhere IF they do deal Luongo.
Hudler is Detroit's top forward prospect, and Kronwall most certainly has Norris tools. I dont find these sentiments any more "homerish" than the Olesz and Horton projections (which I happen to agree with by the way). Kronwall is coming off an MVP performance at the World's and was solid in the playoffs (along with being Detroit's most dangerous player from the back-end). Read my post again and see if there was anything hyperbolic in there. Again, read McKenzie's article....GM's will not throw blue-chip prospects and star players in a deal for Luongo.


Last edited by 8snake: 06-19-2006 at 10:00 AM.
8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:13 AM
  #36
doublejack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
You're being a little generous here. Anybody who thinks Hudler is a "top forward prospect" and projects Kronwall as a Norris winner, might have taken one too many drags from the homer pipe.

Good young players, certainly. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I still say Kronwall is going to have to be part of the deal. Otherwise, I expect Florida looks elsewhere IF they do deal Luongo.
Yeah. I guess it's totally unreasonable to think the best defenseman in the AHL during the lockout - and the reigning back-to-back World Championship tournament MVP could ever win a Norris. What are Wings fans thinking

Sorry Florida fans. The chances of getting Kronwall for Luongo are zero, zilch, nada. Nik is the heir apparent to Lidstrom and isn't going anywhere. Zetterberg is the other untouchable. If a deal goes down between the Panthers and Wings for Luongo the return will be Howard + either Datsyuk or a package of picks & prospects. You're simply not going to get anything more for a player on the verge of becoming an unrestricted free agent.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:46 AM
  #37
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
I never called Hudler a top forward prospect, and tossed a dubious sic on the Norris characterization myself... could be that you quoted the wrong post. See 8snake.

I was talking about his post, not yours.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:51 AM
  #38
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Yeah. I guess it's totally unreasonable to think the best defenseman in the AHL during the lockout - and the reigning back-to-back World Championship tournament MVP could ever win a Norris. What are Wings fans thinking

Sorry Florida fans. The chances of getting Kronwall for Luongo are zero, zilch, nada. Nik is the heir apparent to Lidstrom and isn't going anywhere. Zetterberg is the other untouchable. If a deal goes down between the Panthers and Wings for Luongo the return will be Howard + either Datsyuk or a package of picks & prospects. You're simply not going to get anything more for a player on the verge of becoming an unrestricted free agent.

Ok, great, let's give Norris trophies to all the AHL all stars, Art Ross trophies to guys who win junior scoring championships, etc. Nice how some of your harp on Luongo's lack of playoff experience, than elevate a good prospect to Norris trophy winner. I saw the same nonsense from a few of you when Jiri Fischer first came up.

I agree that the contract will be a bid deal. But, without the contract, Kronwall and Howard together wouldn't get you near Luongo.

I still predict Howard and Kronwall as the main pieces of the package IF something happens with the Wings. But, I guess we'll see.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:51 AM
  #39
Captain_Cunney
Registered User
 
Captain_Cunney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowling Alley
Country: England
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuJo#31
What about this:

To Detroit:
Loungo

To Florida:
Howard, Kindl, 1st round pick 2006 + 1st round pick 2007
If that is all it will take, I think the sens could put together a better package than that.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:54 AM
  #40
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Yeah. I guess it's totally unreasonable to think the best defenseman in the AHL during the lockout - and the reigning back-to-back World Championship tournament MVP could ever win a Norris. What are Wings fans thinking

You're simply not going to get anything more for a player on the verge of becoming an unrestricted free agent.
I disagree that FLA isn't going to get blue-chippers back if they to trade Luongo. My reasoning?

1) What is the most important position in hockey - by far?
2) What other goaltender is potentially available that has looked better than Luongo over the last 3-4 years? BTW, Luongo hasn't even hit his prime yet as far as most goalies are concerned.
3) How many teams would Luongo be an upgrade in net for?

My anwsers:
1) Goaltending
2) None
3) Pretty much everybody but CAL & NJ

All's it takes it one GM to decide that it's worth it, and a blue-chipper will come into play. Otherwise, I think the smart call is to get Luongo signed for this one year, and try to extend him long-term after Jan 1 when you can give a NTC.

No matter how good Howard has looked, I don't think there is any way that he can be the centerpiece for a Luongo trade at this point. Unless Keenan is totally crazy, FLA would need a guy that has shown something at the NHL level.

I just can't see trying to justify a trade to the FLA fans where they're getting a bunch of guys that aren't ready to help the Panthers this year, and the Howard, Kindl & 2 late firsts types of offers don't come anywhere close to getting a deal done.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:11 AM
  #41
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan

My anwsers:
1) Goaltending
2) None
3) Pretty much everybody but CAL & NJ

All's it takes it one GM to decide that it's worth it, and a blue-chipper will come into play. Otherwise, I think the smart call is to get Luongo signed for this one year, and try to extend him long-term after Jan 1 when you can give a NTC.

No matter how good Howard has looked, I don't think there is any way that he can be the centerpiece for a Luongo trade at this point. Unless Keenan is totally crazy, FLA would need a guy that has shown something at the NHL level.

I just can't see trying to justify a trade to the FLA fans where they're getting a bunch of guys that aren't ready to help the Panthers this year, and the Howard, Kindl & 2 late firsts types of offers don't come anywhere close to getting a deal done.
While I pretty much agree with you, I also think Wings fans are right that Luongo's contract is going to have a huge impact on his market value. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. It ain't going to be Howard & Hudler but it also isn't going to be Zetterberg.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:15 AM
  #42
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Yeah. I guess it's totally unreasonable to think the best defenseman in the AHL during the lockout - and the reigning back-to-back World Championship tournament MVP could ever win a Norris. What are Wings fans thinking

Sorry Florida fans. The chances of getting Kronwall for Luongo are zero, zilch, nada. Nik is the heir apparent to Lidstrom and isn't going anywhere. Zetterberg is the other untouchable. If a deal goes down between the Panthers and Wings for Luongo the return will be Howard + either Datsyuk or a package of picks & prospects. You're simply not going to get anything more for a player on the verge of becoming an unrestricted free agent.
- Kronwall is 25 years old.
- He'll be eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2 years.
- Has managed 2 full seasons out of 3 in NA.
- Has only 53 games (47+6) of NHL experience.
- Is nowhere near winning a Norris Trophy.
- Is gawdawfully small for a D-man. Which will lower his value to old school, size queens like a Keenan or a Clarke.

Nobody, and I mean nobody... is going to trade a Vezina nominee and a surefire top-5 goalie in a deal where the centrepiece is a small, injury prone, inexperienced, 25 year old defensemen who is eligible for UFA just one year after the goalie.
Hudler and Howard would have to be included.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:24 AM
  #43
8snake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
I disagree that FLA isn't going to get blue-chippers back if they to trade Luongo. My reasoning?

1) What is the most important position in hockey - by far?
2) What other goaltender is potentially available that has looked better than Luongo over the last 3-4 years? BTW, Luongo hasn't even hit his prime yet as far as most goalies are concerned.
3) How many teams would Luongo be an upgrade in net for?

My anwsers:
1) Goaltending
2) None
3) Pretty much everybody but CAL & NJ

All's it takes it one GM to decide that it's worth it, and a blue-chipper will come into play. Otherwise, I think the smart call is to get Luongo signed for this one year, and try to extend him long-term after Jan 1 when you can give a NTC.

No matter how good Howard has looked, I don't think there is any way that he can be the centerpiece for a Luongo trade at this point. Unless Keenan is totally crazy, FLA would need a guy that has shown something at the NHL level.

I just can't see trying to justify a trade to the FLA fans where they're getting a bunch of guys that aren't ready to help the Panthers this year, and the Howard, Kindl & 2 late firsts types of offers don't come anywhere close to getting a deal done.
Luongo is not worth a team's best goalie prospect, forward prospect and a budding star D-man, I'm sorry. No GM will be willing to pay that price, and if they are they're bidding against themselves. Luongo may fetch one blue-chipper. The return some of you are expecting for Luongo isnt realistic given the circumstances surrounding him.

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:29 AM
  #44
joolzie
Registered User
 
joolzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
Otherwise, I think the smart call is to get Luongo signed for this one year, and try to extend him long-term after Jan 1 when you can give a NTC.
Assuming you're talking about Florida keeping him (opposed to Florida signing him for a year and then trading him), I don't think the long term part of the contract will be ironed out in January-ish. The issue with the NTC, as far as I know, is that it isn't binding until July 1, 2007. To Luongo, signing a long term deal in January, just before the trade deadline, is not that different from signing it today. S'why people talk about trading Nabokov and St. Louis, though they have NTCs going into effect on July 1 this year.

If a team trades for him while he's on a one year deal and they want to work out a long term deal come January, probably he'd feel pretty secure that that team wouldn't in turn trade him.

The Panthers could allow teams to talk to Luongo if they wanted to, couldn't they? So Keenan could weed out everything but the 5 or so best offers, let the teams and Luongo talk, Loungo could indicate whether he'd intend to sign long term and for how much for whatever teams, and then Keenan could use that to drive up his return value. Yeah? I mean, he'd probably be able to tell if Luongo told a team he wasn't willing to sign long term, cos they'd probably take their offer off the table. Or am I missing something?

joolzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:30 AM
  #45
doublejack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake
Luongo is not worth a team's best goalie prospect, forward prospect and a budding star D-man, I'm sorry. No GM will be willing to pay that price, and if they are they're bidding against themselves. Luongo may fetch one blue-chipper. The return some of you are expecting for Luongo isnt realistic given the circumstances surrounding him.
Exactly. Keenan has very, very little leverage. And every GM in the NHL knows that his hands are tied. I predict these boards will explode with a chorus of WTH's when everyone sees what Luongo fetches.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:44 AM
  #46
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
- Kronwall is 25 years old.
- He'll be eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2 years.
- Has managed 2 full seasons out of 3 in NA.
- Has only 53 games (47+6) of NHL experience.
- Is nowhere near winning a Norris Trophy.
- Is gawdawfully small for a D-man. Which will lower his value to old school, size queens like a Keenan or a Clarke.

Nobody, and I mean nobody... is going to trade a Vezina nominee and a surefire top-5 goalie in a deal where the centrepiece is a small, injury prone, inexperienced, 25 year old defensemen who is eligible for UFA just one year after the goalie.
Hudler and Howard would have to be included.
As my earlier point, Hudler, Howard, and Kronwall would be a bargin-basement price under normal circumstances. Now, with the contract issues, it starts to look doable.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:47 AM
  #47
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake
Luongo is not worth a team's best goalie prospect, forward prospect and a budding star D-man, I'm sorry. No GM will be willing to pay that price, and if they are they're bidding against themselves. Luongo may fetch one blue-chipper. The return some of you are expecting for Luongo isnt realistic given the circumstances surrounding him.
Here's my perspective:
1) Successful GM's are going to pay big money to difference maker's. IMO, Luongo is potentially one of the biggest difference makers in the NHL.
2) I really like Kronwall - but there are some HUGE question marks about him (size/health) and like someone else mentioned, he's going to be a UFA one year after Luongo.
3) I don't care if Howard and Hudler are DET's best goalie & forward prospect. They both have some substantial questions, and neither of them are the type of player IMO than can be the cornerstone of a Luongo deal.
4) Goaltending prospects are notoriously fickle. Mika Noronen was the #1 prospect in hockey at one point in time. I would be surprised if any unproven goalie was the main asset coming back in this deal.
5) There are a ton of teams that would LOVE to have RL. There would be a ton of teams that would be willing to beat a Howard + Hudler + ? (mid-level prospect).

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 12:00 PM
  #48
shadoz19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
- Kronwall is 25 years old.
- He'll be eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2 years.
- Has managed 2 full seasons out of 3 in NA.
- Has only 53 games (47+6) of NHL experience.
- Is nowhere near winning a Norris Trophy.
- Is gawdawfully small for a D-man. Which will lower his value to old school, size queens like a Keenan or a Clarke.

Nobody, and I mean nobody... is going to trade a Vezina nominee and a surefire top-5 goalie in a deal where the centrepiece is a small, injury prone, inexperienced, 25 year old defensemen who is eligible for UFA just one year after the goalie.
Hudler and Howard would have to be included.

Obvoiusly, you have never watched him play....

shadoz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 12:04 PM
  #49
8snake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
Here's my perspective:
1) Successful GM's are going to pay big money to difference maker's. IMO, Luongo is potentially one of the biggest difference makers in the NHL.
2) I really like Kronwall - but there are some HUGE question marks about him (size/health) and like someone else mentioned, he's going to be a UFA one year after Luongo.
3) I don't care if Howard and Hudler are DET's best goalie & forward prospect. They both have some substantial questions, and neither of them are the type of player IMO than can be the cornerstone of a Luongo deal.
4) Goaltending prospects are notoriously fickle. Mika Noronen was the #1 prospect in hockey at one point in time. I would be surprised if any unproven goalie was the main asset coming back in this deal.
5) There are a ton of teams that would LOVE to have RL. There would be a ton of teams that would be willing to beat a Howard + Hudler + ? (mid-level prospect).
Howard's questions deal soley with his ability to be a #1 NHL goalie....he's proven he has the tools to be an exceptional goaltender. Yet, I agree that any deal cant have Howard as a centerpiece. Hudler is an undersized forward with questions regarding his skating and defensive game. No deal can have him as a centerpiece. Kronwall is a legit 5'11 (perfectly fine for an offensive d-man and great skater), but he has had injury problems (albiet of the purely unluck and freakish variety). None of these players could be considered a featured player in a Luongo deal, but all three of them collectively are too much. Howard, Hudler and a mid-level prospect is considerably less than Howard, Hudler and Kronwall.

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 12:05 PM
  #50
doublejack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
As my earlier point, Hudler, Howard, and Kronwall would be a bargin-basement price under normal circumstances. Now, with the contract issues, it starts to look doable.
In five years the Panthers would be rolling around all over the ice laughing at how badly they fleeced the Wings. This proposal is neither bargain basement nor anything that resembles doable from Detroit's perspective. It's a severe overpayment. You want bargain and doable then you're talking Hudler, Howard and Lebda.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.