HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Was tonight a good thing?

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Walsher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Between him and Smyth, pre-Horc, 16 points I believe.

Since, NONE.

You also didn't address my logic question. Other players have had much longer stretches of not so great games, and have not been sat, and they are far less talented with much less expected. If I said we should bench Ryan Smyth, people would go NUTS! And well they should, because that would be nuts. Give Smyth and Hemsky a center that isn't an anchor, and they will do fine against Toronto, and get going offensively again.

I'm callin it, 3 in T.O.
I should be able to center those 2 guys and they should be able to produce. The majority of their points have been pp so of course they have different personel. They are not playing as good as their stats show. Smyth is 605th out of 680 players in the NHL in +/-. Who cares if he has 7 points. Hemsky isn't far behind. If you are on the ice for more goals against than you are for goals for something is definately not right - especially the best players on the team. Your logic is out of place not everyone elses.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:18 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I think it's some where in the middle for this situation. Horcoffs bad play AND Hemsky and Smytty's so-so play equals bad. A top line Center wouuld help any team, so the whole - we need a top line center is like saying I need a million bucks.

Old
11-07-2003, 05:42 AM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Reasoner has become a terrific two way centerman. I'm not saying he was worth Doug Weight, but he's turned the corner big time. Wonderful to watch.
Reasoner < Weight,

Resoner + Hecht(Stoll + JDD) + Horachek >>>>>>>> Reisen + Weight + $8million Salary

Yeah its nice to see Reasoner turn the corner. He's a late bloomer for sure...I think he's capable of more offense though. There's been times where he would make some pretty sweet passes but his trigger man would miss fire. I agrre with your other comments.

GXL

Old
11-07-2003, 08:04 AM
Master Lok

Much as I am in enthralled by Hemsky's abilities, I too am calling for Ales to sit out the next game in TO. In his defense, he is 20 years old and is our points leader, but his +/- is pretty bad at -6 and what's worse... his giveaways. I've seen several giveaways given away by Hemsky DIRECTLY in the last several games. They weren't Horcoff's fault, they weren't Smyth's fault. And Salo had to bail him out of it.

But LMHF#1 is correct, what would the message of a benching be? My hope is that one of the messages is that while he's an important cog in the Oiler offense, he is still only 20 years old and cannot be expected to be burdened with the brunt of the Oiler woes. Its why Bergeron and Semmy has been benched at times this year, they're still young and need to take a step back sometimes and think and learn.

That being said, I agree that Horcoff also deserves a spot in the PB and that's because of some POOR play, not because he's learning. (he's been around...) But because Stoll is still hurting with tonsilitis and we're already short on centres..... (I'm assuming Issy is sitting out for precautionary reasons)

Suggested TO lineup.

Chimera - Smyth - Laraques
Torres - York - Dvorak
Moreau - Reasoner - Pisani
Horcoff - Sarno - Salmoleinin

IF Issy is able to play

Isbister - Smyth - Laraques (wow that's a big line)
Torres - York - Dvorak
Moreau - Reasoner - Pisani
Chimera - Sarno - Salmoleinin

Closed Thread