HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Vancouver at Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 10:55 AM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
GDT: Vancouver at Nashville

8-2-2-0 18 PTS

at

4-6-1-0 9 PTS

Thoughts? Predictions?

Old
11-05-2003, 11:16 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Vancouver is due for a loss, we need a win, it's the perfect time! :p

I'm just expecting the Preds to have a better outing than the debacle we called a game at Dallas! Should be a good game if we don't lay down.

We MUST score first and make them play from behind. No game since Sunday and no other games until Friday so being well rested we need to come out fast and hard. Tough battle but hopefully we'll come out on top.

Oh, according to the Preds site, we'll be wearing our hated thirds tonight...i like them though.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:18 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Let's see here:
They have twice as many points as us.
They have one of the most potent 1st lines in the NHL.
Cloutier is playing extremely well.
They are a huge team that we most likely will not be able to intimidate.

4-2 Preds

Old
11-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Radulov for Czar*

hmm.. Nazzy scores 2 for the Nucks, and we are only able to put 1 behind Hedberg...

...cuz he gets hurt early in the game and we end up winning 3-2

(PS, This is a joke, not a real prediction, the real one is below this)

3-2 Preds
Erat, Zidlicky(PP), Walker
Naslund (2)

Old
11-05-2003, 12:18 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
3-1 Nucks

Old
11-05-2003, 12:23 PM
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Maybe its my imagination (and I'm too lazy to go look), but didn't the Preds shut down the Bert - Nas - Mor line pretty well last year (even when Vancouver was at home)

Or am I dreaming this?

Anyway, if they can do that, then the Preds have a decent shot at winning this one. I find hockey to be one of the more unpredictable sports to try and prognosticate. That being said, and because this is the Preds board, and because I picked Legwand in a pool this year, and because my sister bought me a preds T shirt for my birthday, I will say....

Preds 3 Vancouver 2

Tmmonen, Legwand, Walker
Cooke, Sopel

Old
11-05-2003, 01:44 PM
dulzhok

5-1 Vancouver.

Hope I'm wrong.

Old
11-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN
Maybe its my imagination (and I'm too lazy to go look), but didn't the Preds shut down the Bert - Nas - Mor line pretty well last year (even when Vancouver was at home)

Or am I dreaming this?

Anyway, if they can do that, then the Preds have a decent shot at winning this one. handclap:
Sort of. Bertuzzi had 4 goals in 4 games. Naslund had a goal and 2 assists, and Morrison had 3 assists.

It looks as if Dan Cloutier is getting the start tonight...

Old
11-05-2003, 05:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i know jason york is going to be made the scapegoat for this one, but to his credit, the reffing is KILLING us. we're called for diving...when we're blatantly taken down...and then...REPEATEDLY...their obvious dives aren't called? vokoun has let in some SOFT goals tonight, as well. it's bad that when you're down one goal in the third(or in this case two) you automatically assume, "well, we're done. game over."

Old
11-05-2003, 05:42 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i know jason york is going to be made the scapegoat for this one, but to his credit, the reffing is KILLING us. we're called for diving...when we're blatantly taken down...and then...REPEATEDLY...their obvious dives aren't called? vokoun has let in some SOFT goals tonight, as well. it's bad that when you're down one goal in the third(or in this case two) you automatically assume, "well, we're done. game over."
Extremely frustrating game. How the crap can you call Tootoo for diving after giving TWO, and I repeat TWO PP within a minute of each other both off obvious freaking dives. Also, Tootoo was not even close to diving.........The refs, I hate to say this, seemed against us, especially in the 3rd. They completely took us out of the game.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Tootoo dove...I called it before the ref did. I didn't bother watching, other things have suddenly became more interesting as of late...well not really, but I wish I had the strength to say, "Enough, I will not cause myself any more harm by watching this team." Sadly, I doubt I will ever be able to do so, and die an early death because of it.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:46 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

This goes along with my rant in the Allen thread earlier today.

If penalties were called as written in the rulebook CONSISTENTLY and REGARDLESS of the prominence or salary of the player, this kind of travesty would not happen. Not a coincidence that two 5 on 3 siutations by a potent offensive team results in 2 goals.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:17 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Tootoo dove...I called it before the ref did. I didn't bother watching, other things have suddenly became more interesting as of late...well not really, but I wish I had the strength to say, "Enough, I will not cause myself any more harm by watching this team." Sadly, I doubt I will ever be able to do so, and die an early death because of it.
Bullsht, he was yanked by the back of his neck, I've never seen someone dive backwards, horrible call, horrible officiating all night, cost the Predators the game.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i still have the game Tivoed...Jovo grabbed the neck of Tootoos jersey and YANKED him backwards. clearly and blatantly.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
me and my brother both saw it 3-4 times...and he didn't yank hard enough for tootoo to (hahaha, lots of 2's) flail around and implant himself on the ice. Good try, but I think the ref was too close to see it otherwise.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:53 PM
JOCA

Send a message via ICQ to JOCA Send a message via AIM to JOCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Bullsht, he was yanked by the back of his neck, I've never seen someone dive backwards, horrible call, horrible officiating all night, cost the Predators the game.
I didn't see Tootoo's jersey stretch from my angle If he was skating away from Jovo wouldn't his jersey stretch?

I dunno, I only saw the replay once but to me it looked like he dove. I'd have to see it again paying close attention.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Fedz

Hey,

Just stopping by, commenting on the game. (canucks point of view)

Although the canucks didnt look great. Hedberg played great when needed. Hes the only reason we won. Damn, I love Jordin Tootoo. I love he didnt back down from anybody. Ran right thru Mattias Ohlund, twice in the same shift, and didnt back down from Ruutu, or May. I love it. You have a real gem in your hands. I was also quite surprised on how well Scottie Upshall, and Scott Hartnell played. Great future, and a solid contender this year. One question: was it just me or was Zidlicky a little off tonight?

Cheers,
Lee

Old
11-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedz
Hey,

Just stopping by, commenting on the game. (canucks point of view)

Although the canucks didnt look great. Hedberg played great when needed. Hes the only reason we won. Damn, I love Jordin Tootoo. I love he didnt back down from anybody. Ran right thru Mattias Ohlund, twice in the same shift, and didnt back down from Ruutu, or May. I love it. You have a real gem in your hands. I was also quite surprised on how well Scottie Upshall, and Scott Hartnell played. Great future, and a solid contender this year. One question: was it just me or was Zidlicky a little off tonight?

Cheers,
Lee
I read somewhere he had a cold or the flu or something, or heard it pre-game, he definitely wasn't 100%

Old
11-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

But oh man, that pass to Walks was a beauty. Zid's vision is A+, had an open shot but Walker was ALL alone.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:57 PM
DocMcKay

Ok guys maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought we looked awful. 1st period was great, but what I saw after made me actually get up and leave early, something I don't do.

Maybe we are a young team with a lot of inexperience. Maybe the refs were crappy tonight. But I'm tired of making excuses. We looked completely undisciplined tonight. Diving and getting into two 5 on 3s. The PK was freaking horrible. Admittedly 5 on 3s are hard to stop. Admittedly we were playing one of the best teams in the league. Some of the penalties we took were completely uncalled for. And we can't blame everything on the refs. I know if I were Trotz I would be in some faces blowing smoke out my ears. Or maybe Trotz is the problem.

I hate to be so negative, but I was really discouraged tonight. I love this team but right now playoffs are just hopes and dreams. And that's fine too. I'm not a fair weather fan. Losing is ok. Everybody's gonna lose. But it shouldn't be like it was tonight. Sloppy really sloppy.

Oh yeah, and is Rem Murray really that slow. I know he got away on a break. But other times I were watching he really looked like he was loafing. I don't expect Legwand spped but it looked pretty bad.

Comments? I know i probably am gonna get ripped. Just wanted to here what others thought.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:59 PM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I have a quite a bit to say on this game. Haha, when don't I.

a: ARE WE EVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO SCORE ON ALL THE ODD-MAN RUSHES OR EMPTY NETS OR BREAKAWAYS WE HAVE?????? If we do, it's a completely different game and the officiating questions become a moot point.

b: I thought we played well at times and bad at other times. We take too long to make passes, we try to be too cute out there, we don't seem to recognize an advantage when it presents itself (like catching them on a line change, I see it all the time but we just stand there and wait for the other team to come to us). We're trying too hard to be perfect and not playing right.

c: Zidlicky is still great, even when he has the flu! Great great passes and just so smart out there.

d: Catfish...haha, we're a funny people.

e: I hate to say it bc it's been said over and over, but the officiating was horrible, from linesmen and refs. Ok, I seriously have a question: Legwand/#33Sedin were between the red and blue lines, they hit each other, Sedin takes Legwand's stick and carries his own plus Leggy's from inside the blue line, on the bench side, to the opposite corner to where an official was standing. Legwand was skating behind him trying to get it back. They stopped in front of the official when the whistle was blown, and I mean they were less than 5 feet from the official. Is that not holding the stick? I thought you couldn't play with more than one stick, let alone take one from a player from the other team? I'm not even going to mention the Tootoo penalty. But if something is a penalty on one play then why is not for the entire game and why does it not apply to the other team? Oh, and how do you crosscheck someone when you don't even have a stick in your hand? Because apparently Martin Erat has special powers to magically do that after his stick was broken in the crease.

f: Vokoun could have been sharper. That's now 2 games in a row that he hasn't been as sharp as we have seen him before.

g: I don't understand why we keep scratching Kloucek/Brookbank. I know Brookbank sent to Milwaukee for "conditioning" but I hope he's back before Saturday if Detroit is going to go goon that night. Is Kloucek still injured or what?

h: Martin Erat has been playing his ass off. I'm really impressed with him this year. He is always all over the ice and making some nice passes.

i: I love that it's still warm out after the games! It's such nice weather, I wish it would stay like this forever!

I don't know, I guess that's all. The game was alright, but I guess like Hartnell said on the news, it left a very empty feeling afterwards. Actually, the more I think about it, the madder I get. We should have won that damn game. Regardless of how we feel about the penalties, we had EVERY opportunity to win that game. We scored first and broke their streak, we had excellent chances and if we score on just one or 2 of them we win the game 5-2 or 5-3. We need to finish those chances. We just let 2 points slip from our hands. This is a game we will look back and say those 2 points would have helped get us in/higher in the standings.

Well we better win Friday! We need to hit them right in their minds!

Old
11-06-2003, 06:09 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
I Oh, and how do you crosscheck someone when you don't even have a stick in your hand? Because apparently Martin Erat has special powers to magically do that after his stick was broken in the crease.
For real. I saw him break his stick, go to the bench for another one, and then bam....Cross checking penalty.

Did anyone catch a different angle?

Old
11-06-2003, 06:11 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
For real. I saw him break his stick, go to the bench for another one, and then bam....Cross checking penalty.

Did anyone catch a different angle?

He picked his stick off the bench turned around and hit a Canuck, rather softly I might add, and the Canuck dropped like a rock. I'll go into my speil again. It was a crosscheck but if that was called every time it happened, neither team would stay out of the box.

Old
11-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Pattypred

I was told last night that a NHL Supervisor was at the game and was not happy with the officiating.

That doesn't do us any good but these zebras need to be made accountable for their action or non-action as the case may be. Will this change things. Probably not.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:28 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Im not here to stir up trouble, but whats with the 9654 Attendance for this game?

Closed Thread