HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

and the bandwaggon has EMPTIED

Old
06-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
and the bandwaggon has EMPTIED

That earthquake was actually everyone leaving that damn oilers bandwaggon.

Good for BrindAmour.

Habsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

man i'm watching raw....
i wasnt much for both the teams winning

so i guess canes won it?
wh good for brind'amour and recchi....

i dont like the seing the cup in carolina but atleast they diserved it

hopefully the cup comes back to canada before 2013

Kingbobert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

oh and ward...ward was a maniac

Old
06-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
I was rooting for the oilers: the lesser of two evils.

Kerberos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:05 PM
MathMan

Frankly, what was really astonishing to me was the level of hostility against the Hurricanes... So many people were rooting against them, not so much for the Oilers.

Did the Lightning gather so much hate in '04? I wasn't around (and was actually riding the TB bandwagon).

MathMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

i didnt hate the cnaes

i just never liked them....i duno why...

u know some teams you just dont like what so ever and cant really put your finger on it....

but i cant take anything away from them though....they had an awsome season through and through

Old
06-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert
man i'm watching raw....
i wasnt much for both the teams winning

so i guess canes won it?
wh good for brind'amour and recchi....

i dont like the seing the cup in carolina but atleast they diserved it

hopefully the cup comes back to canada before 2013
yeah, I was watching D-X. can't stand those Hurricanes

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:27 PM
HabuseMoi

I never liked the canes either, but when I saw them raise the cup I saw how much they worked for it and now I kinda respect them, they're a great team to hate I guess, like the Nordiques back in the time maybe.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Shabutie

Ribeiro may be a little *****, but I've never seen him whine.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi
they're a great team to hate I guess, like the Nordiques back in the time maybe.
Here's to Komisarek giving Staal, Williams and/or Brind'Amour a legal, clean, but CRUSHING hit next time they meet. The kind that knocks helmets and socks off.

Old
06-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan
Here's to Komisarek giving Staal, Williams and/or Brind'Amour a legal, clean, but CRUSHING hit next time they meet. The kind that knocks helmets and socks off.
Here's to one day, maybe.... beating them... on the scoreboard...

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:28 PM
LeHab

At least we lost to the Stanley Cup champs...again.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:29 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Here's to one day, maybe.... beating them... on the scoreboard...
Game 1, 6-1. I thought the Habs had won that, so I figured it happened once. Mind you, maybe I was wrong. It's the MIGHTY HURRICANES we're talking about.

Old
06-19-2006, 11:34 PM
JrHockeyFan

What

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
That earthquake was actually everyone leaving that damn oilers bandwaggon.

Good for BrindAmour.
I had absolutely no joy whatsoever in seeing Brind'Amour win anything at all.

Sorry, but Carolina represents everything that is wrong with awarding NHL teams to Cities by relocating to the highest bidder. Hartford would not give them a "tax free" free arena. Remember that next time you read how much more the Habs pay in taxes than teams like the canes.

If I feel sorry for anyone it is the Whaler fans that got screwed over after taking the team from the WHA to the NHL. Now what have you got? No Jets. No Nordiques. No Whalers.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Go Habs Go!

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:36 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
I had absolutely no joy whatsoever in seeing Brind'Amour win anything at all.

Sorry, but Carolina represents everything that is wrong with awarding NHL teams to Cities by relocating to the highest bidder. Hartford would not give them a "tax free" free arena. Remember that next time you read how much more the Habs pay in taxes than teams like the canes.

If I feel sorry for anyone it is the Whaler fans that got screwed over after taking the team from the WHA to the NHL. Now what have you got? No Jets. No Nordiques. No Whalers.

come on, man. Hartford was a dump. NOthing there. Have you ever been to Hartford? There's nothing there! It's like Laval with bigger buildings, for crying out loud.

At least, in Carolina, they have nice looking ladies in the stands.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:44 PM
JrHockeyFan

Come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
come on, man. Hartford was a dump. NOthing there. Have you ever been to Hartford? There's nothing there! It's like Laval with bigger buildings, for crying out loud.

At least, in Carolina, they have nice looking ladies in the stands.
This team will disappear on the Carolina landscape faster than the Charlotte Hornets. Oops. You mean they are gone already?

Seriously. This team is some weird tax boondoggle that managed to extort tax dollars on some pretty soft support.

Any fans that stuck with it long enough to actually get the club from the WHA into the NHL deserves better.

Guys who think as you do would also have buried the Oilers and Flames by now. Those fans earned my respect by sticking with their team. Nobody bought them some cheap past-time between football and baseball. I respect the Olers fans. They actually are fans.

Carolina is not, and will never be, a hockey . . . sheesh they don't even have a city name.

Old
06-19-2006, 11:45 PM
goalchenyuk

anyway , what is the link betwen a team that changed adress few years ago , and the players that worked hard to get this cup ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:46 PM
deandebean

Quote:
This team will disappear on the Carolina landscape faster than the Charlotte Hornets. Oops. You mean they are gone already?

Seriously. This team is some weird tax boondoggle that managed to extort tax dollars on some pretty soft support.

Any fans that stuck with it long enough to actually get the club from the WHA into the NHL deserves better.

Guys who think as you do would also have buried the Oilers and Flames by now. Those fans earned my respect by sticking with their team. Nobody bought them some cheap past-time between football and baseball. I respect the Olers fans. They actually are fans.

Carolina is not, and will never be, a hockey . . . sheesh they don't even have a city name.

Hartford wasn't a hockey city. It had some hockey fans, but not a legion. They were like the Expires in Montreal. They had a core of about 5-10 000 fans, but the rest were casual.

As for Carolina, who cares about the fans. It's the team that wins, not the fans. ANd I like the fact that the Habs will be the next canadian team to win.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 12:03 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
What a ridiculous post, one of the dumbest I've read.
Why did you start this thread?

Old
06-20-2006, 12:12 AM
JrHockeyFan

Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Hartford wasn't a hockey city. It had some hockey fans, but not a legion. They were like the Expires in Montreal. They had a core of about 5-10 000 fans, but the rest were casual.

As for Carolina, who cares about the fans. It's the team that wins, not the fans. ANd I like the fact that the Habs will be the next canadian team to win.
I care about the fans.

I really do not see support being better in carolina. I sincerely hate seeing fans getting shafted because some other city/area/state spent a lot of tax dollars to attract them.

Colorado appears to be the only one out of the three that has seriously embraced their team. Which is not to say that Quebec fans were not just as loyal. Gov't $$$$ was not as forthcoming and Aubut was happy to cash in.

If the Hartford support was as weak as you suggest, I really do not believ it would have been taken into the NHL. The Jets have a new facility, but their team is in Arizona.

Sorry, but I actually care about those fans.

Old
06-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Why did you start this thread?
First off, Carolina has an NBA team, so your starting sentence doesnt make any sense.

After that, you mention taxes, failing to realize none of the american teams pay any and if they do, its minimal. The Habs pay more then all of them combined. Its not just Carolina.

You say that sticking with the WHA makes for deserving an NHL team. That makes no sense at all, do we here deserve an NFL team because we stick with the CFL? If they could support a WHA team, does it mean they could support an NHL one? Not in the least, especially not in poor income and low population zones like Quebec, hartford and winnipeg.

Also you say fans stuck with the oilers. Yup, they did go to games, but the main reason they are still there is TV contracts, merchandise sells, the provincial lottery and provincial help as well as real corporate support. Lets not forget two things, CGY and EDM are fast growing and very rich. They also happen to be two of the six teams that made profits before the lock-out.

Then you say Carolina is not a hockey town, well, as far as I know, theres no threat of that franchise leaving, which means its much more viable then markets that are proven failures.

Then you have a whole post of contradictions. You say you care about the fans, hmmmm, may I remind you that the Carolina building was full? And that they got winnipeg/hartford type attendances. That means they have fans, but you seem to select which ones you care about.
You also say this gem
Quote:
If the Hartford support was as weak as you suggest, I really do not believ it would have been taken into the NHL
OH REALLY? The ****ing same thing can be said about Carolina cant it?

Hell, you talk about Colorado but completly ignore Dallas. The fastest growing hockey city in the US, they always sell out yet you have Florida type weather there. So I guess Dallas proved you cant go south.

And finally, the new winnipeg building is not made for the NHL, it would need major uprgades.

Last edited by Habsaku: 06-20-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Habsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Nobak

Sorry, I'm not getting off the bandwagon. Edmonton is still my second favorite team and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Sthabs

i sure would have prefered the Oilers winning it, because it s canadian team with hard workers
But the truth is, Carolina deserved it more
they were better during the whole season, they did worked hard enough to get it, even if they sometimes got lucky with injuries
they sure didn t stole it

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote