HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rod Brind'Amour, Mark Recchi and Justin Williams....

Old
06-20-2006, 06:42 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy
Way to go Roddy!!
As for Recchi, it's wierd.
He was one of my all time favorite Flyers.
But something about the way he left, I dunno.
same he was my favorite player when i was younger, i got his autograph and met him a few times... but anyway i don't really buy the whole signing before the new CBA thing, it just seems like a dumb reason to leave an organization you claim you want to stay with.

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Dizzy

Congrats to Brindy and Willy. It was great to see them win last night, I've been rooting for Carolina since Philly went out. Two of my favourite players while they were in Philly, happy to see them win it, just sorry it wasn't in a Philly uniform.

Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 07:37 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 588
Good for them. I think Brind'Amour's reaction to kissing the Cup was up there with Clarkie's grin, Messier in 1994 and Bourque with Colorado as the most memorable (Detroit's, too, in 1998 for different reasons we all know).

The NHL needed a super Finals and the fans deserved it after the lockout; both got it.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Gert B Frobe

I love seeing Rod win the Cup but...

Recchi was kind of a slug for the Flyers. Had some nice games here and there but nothing great. He seems to have really lost a step since 2004. Not sure what his contract is in Carolina but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bring him back next year. It was hard to notice him at all in the playoffs this year whereas Rod and Williams were all over the ice.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 11:23 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
I love seeing Rod win the Cup but...

Recchi was kind of a slug for the Flyers. Had some nice games here and there but nothing great. He seems to have really lost a step since 2004. Not sure what his contract is in Carolina but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bring him back next year. It was hard to notice him at all in the playoffs this year whereas Rod and Williams were all over the ice.
Well I've been watching Rex closely this year. I thought he was really good on the Penguins before they self destructed (Olczyk fired, Lemieux & Palffy retired, Arena fiasco, Crosby negative press), and it took him a while to get his game back in Carolina but I thought he was great in the finals, especially in Game 4 and Game 7 (he and Cole generated a ton of offense in Game 7, he set up the first goal, he helped generate a rush with Cole which led to the PP where they scored the winning goal, he played responsibly in his own zone, he battled hard, he took checks, and him and Cole kept Oilers on their heels in the first 40 minutes... you could say he goofed on the Pisani goal, but that was still tough because it was a deflection)

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2006, 08:18 PM
i am dave

I don't have to like Justin Williams.

And I don't.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2006, 09:47 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
I was pulling for Edmonton all the way. the last thing I wanted to see was Brind'Amour hoist the Cup for the Carolina Hurricanes.

yes, I am a bitter Flyers fan so what.

FlyersGuy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 10:16 AM
MojoJojo

I was pulling for Edmonton. I wasnt sure in the beginning because they were my favorites left in the East and West, but then when Roloson was injured and they went down 3-1 I was pulling for them all the way because I love to root for the underdog.

I'm very happy for Brindamour and Williams. Recchi too. I guess the bitter sweet thing about Recchi is that he never really showed up in the playoffs. To see him raise the cup after disappointing us so many times in the post season stings a bit. I mean he wasnt even that good for Carolina, and won it off the backs of Stillman, Weight, Rod, Williams, Staal, Ward, etc.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 04:25 PM
i am dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I was pulling for Edmonton. I wasnt sure in the beginning because they were my favorites left in the East and West, but then when Roloson was injured and they went down 3-1 I was pulling for them all the way because I love to root for the underdog.

I'm very happy for Brindamour and Williams. Recchi too. I guess the bitter sweet thing about Recchi is that he never really showed up in the playoffs. To see him raise the cup after disappointing us so many times in the post season stings a bit. I mean he wasnt even that good for Carolina, and won it off the backs of Stillman, Weight, Rod, Williams, Staal, Ward, etc.

I think you're spot-on with your assessment of Recchi. My roommate - a huge Penguins fan - really never could figure why I wouldn't be rooting for Recchi. The guy just never showed up in the spring time. How can I want him to succeed when he never succeded for me?

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 06:04 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Ah good ol Philadelphia sports. They get so close with the Flyers then get traded, then win with someone else. THis is getting out of hand and is occurring too often. BrindAmour lived around the corner from me when he played here. He used to play hockey with me and my neighbors. I am glad he won it especially and Recchi and Williams were my two favortie players so im glad for them too. Whats next? Roenick with the LA Kings

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 09:18 PM
dedalus

And now he gets to put the Selke on his mantlepiece.

Congratulations, Rod Brind'Amour! Even if nothing better happens in his remaining NHL days, this year has been a fine capstone to a very good career.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Overtime

Congrats to ALL THREE!

Williams was pretty invisible in the Finals but Recchi was very good.

At some point in the playoffs they all performed enough to advance the team.

When Recchi was in Philadelphia he was injured during many of the playoff runs. But his lack of scoring didn't mean he wasn't playing as well as he could.

Overtime is offline   Reply With Quote