HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal:Four Way Deal TOR/DET/NYI/WAS

Old
06-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Ziner

vCash: 500
Proposal:Four Way Deal TOR/DET/NYI/WAS

I don't know how this idea came to me but it is really crazy so just take a look and tell me what you guys think. I think that it would help all teams involved, though will likely never happen just a thought and let me know about the value.

TOR-Tambellini, Kindl, Quincey, 4th
DET-O'Marra Kronwall, Nilsson, 13th
NYI-Semin, Schultz, Colaiacovo, Suglobov, Semenov
WAS-Datsyuk, Gervais

TOR GIVES-Kronwall, Colaiacovo, Semenov, Suglobov, 13th
TOR GETS-Tambellini, Kindl, Quincey, 4th

DET GIVES-Datsyuk, Kindl, Quincey
DET GETS-O'Marra. Kronwall, Nilsson, 13th

NYI GIVES-O'Marra, Nilsson, Gervais, Tambellini
NYI GETS-Semin, Schultz, Colaiacovo, Suglobov, Semenov

WAS GIVES-Semin, Schultz, 4th
WAS GETS-Datsyuk, Gervais

Reasoning:
Toronto will receive a top pick in the draft to hopefully draft Backstrom, Sundin's replacement, as well they receive a nice winger in Tambellini that will hopefully be able to contribute next year, as well as some younger defencemen.

Detroit will free up some salary, receive a nice winger to play with Zetterberg, as well as a good center prospect in O'Marra, and the Kronwall brothers can play together.

The Islanders get Russian wingers to play with Yashin in Semin and Suglobov, as well as a couple of young defencemen in Colaiacovo and Schultz.

Washington receives the center that they so desparately need for Ovechkin, and move slightly down in the draft but it is worth it.

Last edited by Ziner: 06-20-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Ziner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Detroit gets...completely ripped off you mean.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Dude, that made my head hurt.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Ziner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote
Sorry meant to give them the 13th overall but they do free up salary and get some nice young players. But thanks for the feedback i guess.

Old
06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote
No kidding. Detroit has lots of center prospects too and only two solid defensive prospects. Both of which would be gone in that proposal. I can't imagine all that is worth giving up those two plus Datsyuk.

shadoz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Has a four way trade ever happened?

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Ziner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
No kidding. Detroit has lots of center prospects too and only two solid defensive prospects. Both of which would be gone in that proposal. I can't imagine all that is worth giving up those two plus Datsyuk.
If i took out Kindl or Quincey to Toronto would that make the trade more doable from Detroit's perspective.

Old
06-20-2006, 12:58 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman
If i took out Kindl or Quincey to Toronto would that make the trade more doable from Detroit's perspective.

I think the point is Datsyuk isnt gonna go anywhere without an NHLer coming back. Thats a really tough sell.

Old
06-20-2006, 12:58 PM
JackBauer

Goodness, where to start.

1) Toronto makes out like bandits, you've got to be a Leafs fan..they give up 3 mediocre players, a d-man prospect that is recovering from a serious injury and their 13th pick to get a really good winger prospect, a stud d-man prospect AND move up 9 places in the draft. Why do Leafs fans think that other teams are lining up to get Stefan Kronwall? Well, at least you didn't put Antropov in there.

2) The Captials get hosed as well. They give up a top-flight prospect and good buddy of Ovechkin's as well as the 4th pick (a chance at Toews or Backstrom) for a Datsuk (good player, but Semin has more value) and the 13th pick. They can keep Semin, draft Backstrom to centre AO and don't have to pay Datsuk's salary hike. They don't touch this deal.

3) Most importantly, who does 4-team deals?

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Bourque7799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Dude, that made my head hurt.

I agree....way to complicated

Bourque7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:13 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

i read this post...got stuck in a hole in the space-time continium, and found myself back reading the Luongo thread.

Dude...keep trade simple. GMs think less hard than you do...its also hellaciously skewed to TO.

B.D. Gallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:25 PM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman
I don't know how this idea came to me but it is really crazy so just take a look and tell me what you guys think. I think that it would help all teams involved, though will likely never happen just a thought and let me know about the value.

TOR-Tambellini, Kindl, Quincey, 4th
DET-O'Marra Kronwall, Nilsson, 13th
NYI-Semin, Schultz, Colaiacovo, Suglobov, Semenov
WAS-Datsyuk, Gervais

TOR GIVES-Kronwall, Colaiacovo, Semenov, Suglobov, 13th
TOR GETS-Tambellini, Kindl, Quincey, 4th

DET GIVES-Datsyuk, Kindl, Quincey
DET GETS-O'Marra. Kronwall, Nilsson, 13th

NYI GIVES-O'Marra, Nilsson, Gervais, Tambellini
NYI GETS-Semin, Schultz, Colaiacovo, Suglobov, Semenov

WAS GIVES-Semin, Schultz, 4th
WAS GETS-Datsyuk, Gervais

Reasoning:
Toronto will receive a top pick in the draft to hopefully draft Backstrom, Sundin's replacement, as well they receive a nice winger in Tambellini that will hopefully be able to contribute next year, as well as some younger defencemen.

Detroit will free up some salary, receive a nice winger to play with Zetterberg, as well as a good center prospect in O'Marra, and the Kronwall brothers can play together.

The Islanders get Russian wingers to play with Yashin in Semin and Suglobov, as well as a couple of young defencemen in Colaiacovo and Schultz.

Washington receives the center that they so desparately need for Ovechkin, and move slightly down in the draft but it is worth it.

Although I agree with the majority, that a 4 way deal is unlikely, I appreciate the time and effort that went into the proposal. The proposal itself, is not that far off. A couple of tweaks and you may have something there.

Cheers

BringGilmourBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:27 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer

1) Toronto makes out like bandits, you've got to be a Leafs fan..they give up 3 mediocre players, a d-man prospect that is recovering from a serious injury and their 13th pick to get a really good winger prospect, a stud d-man prospect AND move up 9 places in the draft. Why do Leafs fans think that other teams are lining up to get Stefan Kronwall? Well, at least you didn't put Antropov in there.

2) The Captials get hosed as well. They give up a top-flight prospect and good buddy of Ovechkin's as well as the 4th pick (a chance at Toews or Backstrom) for a Datsuk (good player, but Semin has more value) and the 13th pick. They can keep Semin, draft Backstrom to centre AO and don't have to pay Datsuk's salary hike. They don't touch this deal.

I wouldn't call Coliacovo a medicore player as he would be a top 4 defenseman by now if not for injury issues. Also I would argue that Suglobov is probably a better player then Hudler at this point and with better effort could be a second line winger

Last edited by ATG: 06-20-2006 at 01:34 PM.
ATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
I wouldn't call Coliacovo a medicore player as he would be a top 4 defenseman by now if not for injury issues. Alos I would argue that Suglobov is probbaly a better player then Hudler at this point and with better effort could be a second line winger
Maybe once Coliacovo eases up on the recklessness he'll be more durable, but until then, he'll keep putting his body and career at risk.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:35 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz
Maybe once Coliacovo eases up on the recklessness he'll be more durable, but until then, he'll keep putting his body and career at risk.
Still pining over that Guerin hit lol jk

ATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Even assuming the value is fair, it doesn't seem to make much sense why most of these teams would do this.

Basically, Detroit gets more Swedish, NYI gets more Russian and Washington gives up its future for a short term fix. Not really enough motivation for these other teams to do such a massive shift of prospects they are still likely quite high on.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:38 PM
digitalmonkey*

Detroit and the Islanders are getting stiffed in this deal. Toronto and Washington are getting a lot more than they are giving up....no deal Howie.

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:40 PM
digitalmonkey*

Quote:

Semin has more value than Datsyuk?

Old
06-20-2006, 01:42 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
Detroit and the Islanders are getting stiffed in this deal. Toronto and Washington are getting a lot more than they are giving up....no deal Howie.
What are you talking about, Washington gets hosed. Semin is a top-flight talent and a good friend of Ovy's. They could keep him, draft Towes or Backstrom to play centre for AO and have all three players at 900K for three years. Or they could lose Semin and the 4th pick, have to deal with Datsuk (who plays no defense) and his salary hike and end up with someone nowhere as good as Backstrom.

Old
06-20-2006, 01:46 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
Semin has more value than Datsyuk?
Have you seen Semin play? Put him with Ovechkin and it'll be like the second coming of Kariya/Selanne. Not to mention you'd get Towes or Backstrom or some top-flight centre who CAN play defense in the middle. On the other side of this deal, you get Datsuk and Ovy and Chris Clark or Ben Wilsie on the other wing. I don't know about you, but I'd take the first one and save myself 2.5 million.

Old
06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
digitalmonkey*

Oh, Semin is a good friend of Ovechkin's. Chalk him up for 80+ points then.

Anyone the Caps draft will most likely not be in the NHL next season. Gervais seems to be turning into a young quality defenseman which are highly coveted in the NHL.

Gervais = or slighty < than 4th
Datsyuk >>> Semin

Old
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
digitalmonkey*

Quote:
Have you seen Semin play? Put him with Ovechkin and it'll be like the second coming of Kariya/Selanne. Not to mention you'd get Towes or Backstrom or some top-flight centre who CAN play defense in the middle. On the other side of this deal, you get Datsuk and Ovy and Chris Clark or Ben Wilsie on the other wing. I don't know about you, but I'd take the first one and save myself 2.5 million.

Yeah, because the Caps are flirting with the salary cap...

Old
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
What are you talking about, Washington gets hosed. Semin is a top-flight talent and a good friend of Ovy's. They could keep him, draft Towes or Backstrom to play centre for AO and have all three players at 900K for three years. Or they could lose Semin and the 4th pick, have to deal with Datsuk (who plays no defense) and his salary hike and end up with someone nowhere as good as Backstrom.
Washington also gets the best player in the deal and they get a player that actually fits their immediate needs. While I agree it would be unwise for Washington to make this deal, as I said above they're seriously mortgaging their future for a short term fix and that's not what their plan should be right now, I don't really see it as getting hosed.

The value is off somewhat (the 4th especially throws it off), but it's not horrible and at least there is some motivation for them to make the deal: it would make them better now. Which is significantly more motivation than just getting more Swedish (Detroit doesn't really need Swedes, lord konws they have plenty) or more Russian (the Isles have long since given up any notion of trying to build around Yashin).

What I think really makes this deal not work for these three teams, is that for Detroit and Washington the value runs opposite of what their current model is. That is, Detroit wants to win now, but this deal is sacrificing current talent for future talent. Washington should be building for the future, but instead they're giving up future talent for current talent. And the Islanders, well, IMO, we get worse now and worse in the future. So that's a big no from us.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:49 PM
shadoz19

Quote:

Anyone the Caps draft will most likely not be in the NHL next season. Gervais seems to be turning into a young quality defenseman which are highly coveted in the NHL.

Datsyuk >>> Semin

Gotta remember this is Hockey's Future.

Semin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Datsyuk

Old
06-20-2006, 02:03 PM
JackBauer

Quote:

Datsyuk >>> Semin
He means the 4th pick...not a 4th rounder. That's why Washington gets hosed. Please do not tell me Gervais, who's not even in the NYI's top 5 prospects, is equal to or slightly less than Towes/Backstrom/Kessel

And Semin very well could get 80 points playing with Ovy. For anyone who's seen him play or seen highlights, he's mega-talented.