HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Richter to NYR

Old
06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Bubba64

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
Martin Richter to NYR

Rangers signs for one year Czech defensmen Martin Richter, he played in Czech league this season and also in WC Latvia.... another one to Czech York

Bubba64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Bubba64

Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba64
Rangers signs for one year Czech defensmen Martin Richter, he played in Czech league this season and also in WC Latvia.... another one to Czech York

There is his stats:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=50568

Bubba64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 08:24 AM
The New Originals

Is he good?

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Levitate

weird...i thought he was pretty much forgotten at this point. As I remember it, he played well enough in some training camps and pre seasons to earn a spot, but in the end he didn't permanently come over because of his family in the CR. His wife didn't want to move or something like that.

my impression is that he's good, but he's not like amazing or anything. maybe solid 2nd pairing or good 3rd pairing guy? the real question is whether this is an actual roster move or if the rangers are going to use him as an asset in a trade. I'm guessing on the trade part, but I imagine that he'd have to have agreed to that...

edit: I'm also not seeing anything official on this, not even on Rodents page. and he usually has a scoop on all things czech. so, uh, source?

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
weird...i thought he was pretty much forgotten at this point. As I remember it, he played well enough in some training camps and pre seasons to earn a spot, but in the end he didn't permanently come over because of his family in the CR. His wife didn't want to move or something like that.

my impression is that he's good, but he's not like amazing or anything. maybe solid 2nd pairing or good 3rd pairing guy? the real question is whether this is an actual roster move or if the rangers are going to use him as an asset in a trade. I'm guessing on the trade part, but I imagine that he'd have to have agreed to that...
Maybe someone in the Rosival mold?

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Maybe someone in the Rosival mold?
my feeling is that he's a little more "solid" in his own end, but I could be completely wrong

this is the Rangers scouting report on him, for what it's worth

Quote:
Demonstrates good skating and mobility and has no problems facing speed and skill … Aggressive defending against the rush and challenges the puckhandler early … Competes hard and enjoys the physical nature of the game … Makes a good first pass and is poised with the puck … Hard, accurate passer.

"Martin is a stocky, hard-hitting defenseman who has gotten stronger, tougher, quicker and better every year. He’s a powerful skater with a good shot and strong instincts on both the offensive and defensive end. It will be interesting to watch his continued development." – Rangers scout, Christer Rockstrom

Old
06-16-2006, 08:36 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Can he replace Ozo??

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Levitate

Less offense than Ozo...

Old
06-16-2006, 08:43 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Quote:
Less offense than Ozo...
But I'm guessing better defensively, right?? Because there are players on RIT's Varsity team that are better defensively.

Old
06-16-2006, 08:59 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77
But I'm guessing better defensively, right?? Because there are players on RIT's Varsity team that are better defensively.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Weird that they'd bring back Marty Richter.... any chance Jan 'Fred' Mertzig gets a look as well

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 09:23 AM
True Blue

Wasted signing. I would much rather have an open competition that includes someone like Pock than Richter.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 09:26 AM
NYR469

they already tried this twice and he doesn't care about playing in the nhl. he'll be back in europe by november just like the last 2 times because he is 'homesick'

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 09:28 AM
NYR469

btw where did you see that he signed?

Old
06-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Wasted signing. I would much rather have an open competition that includes someone like Pock than Richter.
Why can't an open competion include both? And I assume that Rachunek will also be added to the competition also...The more options, the better chance of getting a more solid player on the roster....And the more options, maybe a D or D prospect can be more resaonbly used in a deal...ANd, on the real bright side, maybe we fill up on D becasue there is no intention to bring back Roszival and OZO?

I'm still waiting to see if the Rangers bring over Jan Marek..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 09:50 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Why can't an open competion include both? And I assume that Rachunek will also be added to the competition also...The more options, the better chance of getting a more solid player on the roster....And the more options, maybe a D or D prospect can be more resaonbly used in a deal...
THere does not seem to be all that much room available between the big club and Hartford. Richter did not really impress me all that much before and with the 50 contract limit, I am not so sure that he needs to be one of them.
Quote:
ANd, on the real bright side, maybe we fill up on D becasue there is no intention to bring back Roszival and OZO?
That I will believe when I see it. I have a bad, bad feeling that both will be back.

Old
06-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
they already tried this twice and he doesn't care about playing in the nhl. he'll be back in europe by november just like the last 2 times because he is 'homesick'
I'm pretty sure it was because of his wife last time, and that I heard it is no longer an obstacle now...

I really don't think he'd sign if he didn't want to come over. I don't think they ever signed him before, he was just in training camps and such and then didn't want to sign a contract. If he did sign a contract, then he's definatly coming over.

As for who he's gonna play for...it seems to me that the Rangers are looking to make a trade somewhere in here....

Old
06-16-2006, 10:21 AM
NYR469

Quote:
I don't think they ever signed him before, he was just in training camps and such and then didn't want to sign a contract. If he did sign a contract, then he's definatly coming over.
he signed during the summer of 2000 http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...ses.asp?id=146

he came over to play in hartford that season and then walked out on the team after 1 game and went back to europe. then the following year still under the same contract he came back to hartford again and then again walked out on the team and went back to europe after 29 games...

and he blamed his gf, but he just didn't want to play in the AHL. if he was on the rangers he would have stayed...

this is a guy that would be lucky to crack the top 10-12 on the depth chart and will likely be a 3rd pair dman in hartford...as far as i'm concerned the ONLY thing his signing does is take a spot away from a REAL prospect in hartford. at 28 years old, he is not part of the future.

Old
06-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Levitate

Coat over at Rodents site confirmed the signing, and also mentioned that Jan Marek won't be coming over. He didn't like the Rangers offer and so he's staying in the CR

Coat doesn't think much of Richter, but thinks he might be a replacement for Rozsival if he doesn't come back (but Jagr says he thinks all the Czechs will be back...) or a replacement for Strudwick as a 3rd pairing/7th defenseman type.

Old
06-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Shadowtron

You know what's funny about this place? Each season the age at which we consider a player "old" decreases by one year. At 28, Richter is not part of the future. Hehehe...man, at the rate we're going we're going to need to lower the draft age to 13, just so we can get a good 10 years out a player before they hit 23 are are eligible for senior citizen benefits!

Disclaimer: This was meant entirely, ENTIRELY, in jest. No Malice was intended whatsoever.

Last edited by Shadowtron: 06-16-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 11:05 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Quote:
You know what's funny about this place? Each season the age at which we consider a player "old" decreases by one year. At 28, Richter is not part of the future. Hehehe...man, at the rate we're going we're going to need to lower the draft age to 13, just so we can a good 10 years out a player before they hit 23 are are eligible for senior citizen benefits!

Disclaimer: This was meant entirely, ENTIRELY, in jest. No Malice was intended whatsoever.
haha. covering all the bases, classy.

Old
06-16-2006, 11:28 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
You know what's funny about this place? Each season the age at which we consider a player "old" decreases by one year. At 28, Richter is not part of the future. Hehehe...man, at the rate we're going we're going to need to lower the draft age to 13, just so we can a good 10 years out a player before they hit 23 are are eligible for senior citizen benefits!

Man do I agree with that or what. 28... since when is that old? He could be our best defenseman but he'd be villified for being near UFA age. Go figure.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Kostik

He signed one year deal, looks like it's one way contract only.
Jan Marek and NYR had some talks, but for Marek offered money was not enough...so he will not play this year in NHL.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 11:40 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik
He signed one year deal, looks like it's one way contract only.
That is what frightens me and makes me scratch my head. It just does not make sense. Why would it be only a one-way deal? Are they that convinced that he will be a top-6 defenseman all year? Such deals have been known to prevent certain types of players from making the team. I cannot see such a signing have an intent that if he is not good enough that he will simply sit and not dress all year.

Old
06-16-2006, 11:47 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Good, maybe he will replace Strudwick as our #7 dman.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote