HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Is today the day?

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 02:57 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Is today the day?

The Oilers move on to Toronto. It woulod seem logical that a deal would be made and any excess players would be left in TO. For example, if the get a centre in a Comrie deal, sarno could stay behind in TO. Anyways, I'll be happy to see this things resolved but as long as the Oilers are winning, I can wait a little longer.

Old
11-07-2003, 03:14 AM
Mr Sakich

didn't the beat writer from Pheonix say the deal would be done today (on the John SHort show)? Anyways, Phnx just lost last year's leading scorer (Johnson) for 4-6 weeks so they have more impetus to make a deal today than they did yesterday.

Old
11-07-2003, 03:23 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
didn't the beat writer from Pheonix say the deal would be done today (on the John SHort show)? Anyways, Phnx just lost last year's leading scorer (Johnson) for 4-6 weeks so they have more impetus to make a deal today than they did yesterday.
Don't forget (0-6-3) in their last 9, they need some sort of change either in coaching or players.

Old
11-07-2003, 03:44 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
The Oilers move on to Toronto. It woulod seem logical that a deal would be made and any excess players would be left in TO. For example, if the get a centre in a Comrie deal, sarno could stay behind in TO. Anyways, I'll be happy to see this things resolved but as long as the Oilers are winning, I can wait a little longer.
With Lowe out of town (last seen talking to Atlanta) and not talking to Comrie I don't see anything happening soon. Lowe might arrange a trade but that doesn't guarantee Comrie automatically signs. My guess is there are still items to be negotiated.

Sarno seems to be playing well, why leave him in TO? Maybe they can thrown in Horcoff in whatever deal is made? For that matter, why wait for a Comrie deal to unload Horcoff?

Old
11-07-2003, 04:15 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
Everyone is getting injured in my hockey pool

Old
11-07-2003, 06:49 AM
FacelessButcher

Mike Johnson injury*update*-http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...me=nhl-coyotes

29 goals in 12 games for Phoenix,lossing him should hurt them if he decides to have the surgery, still not sure if they would go for Comrie but increased motive for it.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:07 AM
copperaddict

If I had the chance to ask MacT one question about anything It would have to be "What the heck he see's in Horcoff"? He's one of the 2 guys that I don't believe deserves to be in Oiler Silks. Fergie is the other one,but I would deal Horcoff for future consideration. I was hoping that Lowe would have taken advantage of Horcoff's play at the World Championships last spring.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
I have a feeling something is going to happen...soon. All the other notable Restricted FA's are signed and playing, other teams have encountered major injuries and KLO has options. Something will happen soon I think. I just picked him up in my pool.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:01 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
If I had the chance to ask MacT one question about anything It would have to be "What the heck he see's in Horcoff"? He's one of the 2 guys that I don't believe deserves to be in Oiler Silks. Fergie is the other one,but I would deal Horcoff for future consideration. I was hoping that Lowe would have taken advantage of Horcoff's play at the World Championships last spring.
LMHF#1 is that you?

Old
11-07-2003, 08:08 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Well, like I said - it would be best to trade while they're on this road trip - but it is graduallly getting closer and closer to being over. I would really like to see something done. THe more and more we watch, I think we could move Comrie and Horcoff and get a decent package in return.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
I have a feeling something is going to happen...soon. All the other notable Restricted FA's are signed and playing, other teams have encountered major injuries and KLO has options. Something will happen soon I think. I just picked him up in my pool.
me too! Jeff Hackett wasn't playing recently (damn Esche!) so I dropped him for Comrie....

Old
11-07-2003, 06:57 PM
tommyb

I expect something to happen before nov.22 ,either signing comrie or trading him . Lowe will want to showcase comrie or new players in the big game.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:44 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
Come on now. Just because a guy is slumping, then he deserves to be kicked off Oiler island? Better shove Hemsky, Brewer, Smyth, and Chimera off as well then.

And Ferguson is a fine #6/#7 dman. He isn't gifted enough to do anything special so all you can ask of him is to get it off the glass and out of the zone. Granted, he is WEAK along the boards... but saying he doesn't deserve to be in Oilers silks is pushing that to the extremes to say the least.

Closed Thread