HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyote Hockey Reporter

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 08:30 PM
oh_canuck

vCash: 500
Coyote Hockey Reporter

I know most of you guys here listen to the team. But Short had an interview with a guy from the phoenix newspaper and he said that he expects a trade announcement in pheonix by friday....go crazy you guys
the only name he mentioned was kolanos

Old
11-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Was there any sort of implication that the trade would involve Edmonton?

I'm trying to listen to his show by clicking on Tuesday, but it isn't working. :mad:

Old
11-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Cerebral

*Shrug* Even if there is a deal, I doubt it involves us.. Phoenix just shipped out Briere, why would they try and acquire a very similar player in Comrie? If a trade were to somehow happen, I'd definitely want Mara or Vaananen coming back..

Old
11-04-2003, 09:28 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Was there any sort of implication that the trade would involve Edmonton?

I'm trying to listen to his show by clicking on Tuesday, but it isn't working. :mad:
I just listened to the interview on John Short's archived show from Tuesday and the Phoenix guy said that the Oilers love Kolanos and that the Oilers and Coyotes have had talks. He said he would not be surprised at all if Kolanos was in an Oilers uniform soon. Then he said Friday would be a good day for a trade to go down. Not sure how reliable this guy is but he said Lowe and Burnett were talking the other day.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:29 PM
oh_canuck

He did sound like he was implying a trade with edmonton. How the oilers are high on kolanos, and that the coyotes are making a habit of trading for other teams unsigned young players

link
http://www.anysportanytime.com/asat.htm#

starts about the 19 minute mark

Old
11-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Ah ha! I figured out why it wasn't working... I had some music that was paused, so I couldn't play any other sound. Anyway, I'm listening to it now. Thanks for the info!

Old
11-04-2003, 09:38 PM
dem

I guess that deal would be alright.... but I think the Oilers would need a little more back...

Could really be something to this one.. hes big and from Alberta :p
Its all Kevin Lowe ever wanted in a man.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
I guess that deal would be alright.... but I think the Oilers would need a little more back...

Could really be something to this one.. hes big and from Alberta :p
By that logic, he should be a HUGE upgrade on Comrie...who is merely small and from Alberta.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:42 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
I guess that deal would be alright.... but i think the oilers would need a little more back...

Could really be something to this one.. hes big and from alberta :p
Spiller perhaps never seen him play but he sounds like a big nasty d-man with decent potential and is yet another Alberta boy. I know Kevin would be very interested in Kolanos its risky but probably has better potential than Comrie and is a lot bigger(potential only gets you so much though)

Old
11-04-2003, 09:45 PM
speeds

Kolanos is certainly a name that makes sense.

Given his concussion history though I have to wonder "what else?" might be involved, because I don't think Kolanos is enough given that he pretty much missed a full season due to a concussion.

stats on Kolanos for those interested:

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisp...id%5B%5D=49628

I could see EDM being interested in a guy like Knyazev as well, perhaps? They were rumored to be interested in him at the 01 draft (took Hemsky instead, at 13, Knyazev went at 15 overall).

Knyazev:http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisp...id%5B%5D=56762

Old
11-04-2003, 10:57 PM
FacelessButcher

I wanted to see how bad Kolanos concussions were found this article its a good read you might want to check it out http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...yotes1004.html

I thought this was particularly interesting exert- He still harbors bitterness against Varada, who didn't receive a match penalty and was suspended for just two games and has since moved on to Ottawa.

"For the time it cost me, I don't think it was justice," Kolanos said. "I'm a strong believer in what goes around comes around, you know."

If he was trade for on Wednesday-Thursday I guess he would get his chance (ya not likely)

Old
11-04-2003, 11:02 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I wanted to see how bad Kolanos concussions were found this article its a good read you might want to check it out http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...yotes1004.html

I thought this was particularly interesting exert- He still harbors bitterness against Varada, who didn't receive a match penalty and was suspended for just two games and has since moved on to Ottawa.

"For the time it cost me, I don't think it was justice," Kolanos said. "I'm a strong believer in what goes around comes around, you know."

If he was trade for on Wednesday-Thursday I guess he would get his chance (ya not likely)
Thanks for that article, definitely a good read. We definitely could use a big Centreman and maybe he could be had for cheap right now.

Old
11-05-2003, 04:11 AM
Yanner39

I'd like the Oiler to get Nagy our of Phoenix. I know he's one of their leadig scorers but he'd look good in Oiler duds. Kolanos would also be nice although you always hate do trade for damaged goods. I do assume that K.lo has done his homework tho. How many times have we heard that he's gonna do what's best for the team.

Old
11-05-2003, 04:16 AM
Bohologo

(Now entering the dodgy realm of pure speculation)

If the Oil are going to get a centre out of Arizona, I'd much rather see Taffe come Edmonton's way, given Kolanos' concussion history.

My two cents.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:42 AM
barto

Yeah, I think it's a much bigger risk to go for a guy like Kolanos with the concussion history. We've seen many guys have to quit early because of concussion problems (e.g., Richter), so Kolanos' value would have to be lower than it would have otherwise. Maybe there's some other minor deal involved here instead of Comrie, though...maybe one of our other forwards and/or prospects instead.

Bart

Old
11-05-2003, 10:57 AM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Yeah, I think it's a much bigger risk to go for a guy like Kolanos with the concussion history. We've seen many guys have to quit early because of concussion problems (e.g., Richter), so Kolanos' value would have to be lower than it would have otherwise. Maybe there's some other minor deal involved here instead of Comrie, though...maybe one of our other forwards and/or prospects instead.

Bart
It wouldn't be a Comrie for Kolanos trade, Lowe isn't that stupid. People on a couple other boards are suggesting Laraque for Kolanos. I could live with that, it's not as if Laraque is a huge part of this team. We seem to win when he isn't playing anyway. If this is true about a Coyotes rumour and the Oilers get Kolanos it would probably be for Laraque or Rita or someone like that. Unless it is a bigger deal and you get Kolanos and one of their stud d-men for Comrie.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:07 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I'd like to see someone like Mara or Vaananen coming back as well. Vaananen + Kolanos for Comrie + 3rd?

Old
11-05-2003, 11:07 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
It wouldn't be a Comrie for Kolanos trade, Lowe isn't that stupid. People on a couple other boards are suggesting Laraque for Kolanos. I could live with that, it's not as if Laraque is a huge part of this team. We seem to win when he isn't playing anyway. If this is true about a Coyotes rumour and the Oilers get Kolanos it would probably be for Laraque or Rita or someone like that. Unless it is a bigger deal and you get Kolanos and one of their stud d-men for Comrie.
Right...that's pretty much what I said, isn't it?

I actually don't think Lowe would give up Laraque for Kolanos, though, either. Supposedly BG is one of the first guys asked about by other GMs, so you'd think he could get more than a guy like Kolanos (strictly from a multiple-concussion standpoint).

Bart

Old
11-05-2003, 12:01 PM
serum114

Quote:

Bart
Or, if the big wheels are turning in both Phoenix and Edmonton, the Kolanos deal could involve Salo. This is contingent on Burke being moved and us landing a goalie in a Comrie deal...

Pure speculation, although I would be happy with Kolanos and Knyazev for Comrie.

My 2 cents...

Old
11-05-2003, 12:28 PM

Forget the Coyotes taking on a goalie unless it's a 6th string goalie for the minors. We've got 5 goalies in the system as a solid top 5, we don't need to acquire any, and we could even move 2 without getting one back.

Don't bother to mention Doan or Nagy either, that'd be like us naming Smyth. Tanabe, Mara, Vaananen would be like naming Brewer in the deal. I'm not comparing any of these players, just saying that we are best to leave these names off the list.

I'd really hate to lose Kolanos at all, but there is definitely some concern here that he's not going to play at the same level as he had the potential too. I think he's going to be great though and I'd rather hold onto him than get Laraque. Comrie doesn't make much sense either unless Edmonton takes a major salary, as the Coyotes need to trim $2 million from it's budget. If Comrie is asking for $4 million, that means you guys would have to assume $6 million (Boucher & Savage for example) to make the deal work...unless another move is afoot.

Old
11-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Mr Sakich

I posted this on the main but but it is worth repeating here. In an interview prior to this season, the broadcaster who does play by play was talking to Joe Sports in Calgary on the team 1260.

He said that the biggest reason why the yotes did not make the playoffs last year was the abscence of kolanos. He was that important to the team. I really doubt that a guy can go from being the franchise to a bit player in 10 games. I really don't understand his praise because kolanos didn't set the league on fire.

Old
11-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Slats432

Quote:

Bart
You would have to have a 32 year old plus player on the team to have them have to quit early because of those problems.

Good thing in Edmonton we would never have to worry about that.

Old
11-05-2003, 01:19 PM
XX
Lots of Try

mms://coyotes.wmod.llnwd.net/a50/o1/033002kolanos.wmv

I like Kolanos more than comrie, considering what each brings to the table. KK is incredibly strong around the net, something the coyotes desperately need. He certainly doesnt look himself, but he hit his grove and the team just bottomed out, winless in 8.

To suggest you guys would get Nagy, Any of the D or Doan is insane. The yotes are rebuilding, and trade is going to be swift and precise.

perhaps,

Boucher + Radivojevic = Comrie?
we would much Boosh's salary...

Comrie doesnt exactly sound defensively responsible at a -18, Nagy who is comparable has a good + rating even though he plays on the yotes.

Old
11-05-2003, 01:25 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
mms://coyotes.wmod.llnwd.net/a50/o1/033002kolanos.wmv

I like Kolanos more than comrie, considering what each brings to the table. KK is incredibly strong around the net, something the coyotes desperately need. He certainly doesnt look himself, but he hit his grove and the team just bottomed out, winless in 8.

To suggest you guys would get Nagy, Any of the D or Doan is insane. The yotes are rebuilding, and trade is going to be swift and precise.

perhaps,

Boucher + Radivojevic = Comrie?
we would much Boosh's salary...

Comrie doesnt exactly sound defensively responsible at a -18, Nagy who is comparable has a good + rating even though he plays on the yotes.
The year before that he was +16, so I wouldn't read to much into that.

And the Oilers literally have no use for boucher.

Old
11-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Hemsky01

I really like Kolanos but I don't think the Coyotes are at all intetested in Comrie. I can see one of our wingers(Rita, Chimera) going to the yotes for Kolanos. I still think the Oilers have to bring Comrie back(centre is the weakest position on our team and Comrie is the best we have by far) but even with Comrie back, I would love to see our Centre position look like:

Comre
Kolanos
Reasoner
Horcoff

Both of Smyth and York are not Wingers!!!!!! York played his best hockey in his career on the wing and Smyth is struggling badly at centre. My new set of centres creates a strength for the Oilers out of a weakness, not to mention that this proposal is realistic. Hemsky01 for Oil GM!

Closed Thread