HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sens/Oilers, two teams that should deal

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 08:29 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Sens/Oilers trade proposals

These teams are about to square off tonight, and I was thinking, the Oilers have too many left wings and not enough centers. The Sens have too many centers and not enough left wings.

So who could be sent to the other team and for what? Could the Sens afford to part with Todd White in exchange for Ryan Smyth? Brian Smolinski for Jani Rita?

Right now both of these teams look like they could do so much more if they filled in their respective holes. The Senators need to balance out what many hockey pundits call the best right side in hockey. The Oilers need a true playmaker to unlock the potential offense on either side of the ice. What kinds of trades could these teams possibly engineer?

Old
11-06-2003, 09:16 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Could the Sens afford to part with Todd White in exchange for Ryan Smyth? Brian Smolinski for Jani Rita?
LOL.

What *brutal* deals for the Senators.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:19 AM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
LOL.

Sarcasm?

If not how is Todd White for Ryan Smyth, brutal for the Senators.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:20 AM
dem

lol.. yea White for Smyth is a real bad deal for the sens... you dope

Old
11-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
LOL.

Like I said, speculation merely for the sake of prompting discussion. If you've got better ideas, then by all means, POST THEM.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:21 AM
sensfan18

I highly doubt we would be able to get Ryan Smyth for Todd White. Or did i miss something in your post. SMoke will not be traded this year, if we do that we can kiss our chances of ever signing a UFA again. How about white, shastlivy, and a 1st for Smyth, still very unlikely from the oilers perspective. Is lowe fed up with Isbister yet??? He could fit here.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Spezza

Quote:
These teams are about to square off tonight, and I was thinking, the Oilers have too many left wings and not enough centers. The Sens have too many centers and not enough left wings.

So who could be sent to the other team and for what? Could the Sens afford to part with Todd White in exchange for Ryan Smyth? Brian Smolinski for Jani Rita?

Right now both of these teams look like they could do so much more if they filled in their respective holes. The Senators need to balance out what many hockey pundits call the best right side in hockey. The Oilers need a true playmaker to unlock the potential offense on either side of the ice. What kinds of trades could these teams possibly engineer?
White for Smyth isn't fair value to Edmonton. This has been talked about many times before and I think most Edmoton fans would prefer a C with a bit more size (the others seem to want a top 3 defenceman).

I think the Sens could deffo put an impact LW to good use, but any White + more than one player/pick for Smyth proposals will be written off as being useless quantity for quality. White + Rachunek for Smyth is interesting but I think it hurts the sens a bit more. White + Schastlivy doesn't really help the oil, get another C. I would suggest something built around Fisher but he's injured at the moment - so I can't see it working.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:31 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
lol.. yea White for Smyth is a real bad deal for the sens... you dope
Hmmm...looks like there are a few Sens fans who say the deal isn't fair the other way around. Guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Since you don't seem to have any better ideas, it's obvious you're nothing but a board troll and just want to shoot down other people's ideas instead of just discussing hockey. You're not worth the trouble.

Anyway, enough of that. Radek Bonk looked like the odd man out last season when fans wanted a spot freed up for Spezza. Could Radek be the trade bait for one of Edmonton's left wingers?

Old
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
dem

#1. That was sarcastic
#2. that wasnt even meant for you
#3. This thread has been done a million times on this board.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Spezza

Quote:
Hmmm...looks like there are a few Sens fans who say the deal isn't fair the other way around. Guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Since you don't seem to have any better ideas, it's obvious you're nothing but a board troll and just want to shoot down other people's ideas instead of just discussing hockey. You're not worth the trouble.

Anyway, enough of that. Radek Bonk looked like the odd man out last season when fans wanted a spot freed up for Spezza. Could Radek be the trade bait for one of Edmonton's left wingers?
I think most of us see Bonk long term as our #2 C.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:36 AM
sensfan18

Radek goes nowhere, especially with the start he has had. I think all bonk rumours can be officially dismissed, he proved himself in the playoffs last year. Besides, there is absolutely no reason to trade a guy who can pot you 60-70 pts while being able to cover the other teams top guy.

Old
officeglen

Sens/Oilers, two teams that fans should not discuss deals between

Old
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:

Both are bad proposals

Old
11-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Skrymir

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Sens/Oilers, two teams that fans should not discuss deals between
Agree 100%, everytime one of these threads pop up it turns into one huge pissing competition.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:04 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
#1. That was sarcastic
#2. that wasnt even meant for you
#3. This thread has been done a million times on this board.
Oh, now I see what you mean. My bad.

And I figured I'm not the first one to propose something like this, but I wanted to see for myself the arguments for and against. Thanks for the discussion, those of you who actually discussed.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
no more please stop these oilers/sens proposals

Old
11-06-2003, 11:29 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
Sarcasm?
Bingo.

No way the Oilers move Ryan Smyth for a downgrade to Todd White, and no chance Kevin Lowe takes on $2.5 M+ in salary from Brian Smolinski.

Old
11-06-2003, 11:39 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Smyth is unlikely to be moved.

However, there are rumours that Mike Comrie could be available

Old
11-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Ozy_Flame

Edmonton will almost no doubt deal Comrie by himself, so if that is the case, then they'd probably want a centerman and / or defenseman in return. I don't see any sort of deal Ottawa would be willing to give up for him because they're pretty high on their players as it is, but what about White and Phillips for Comrie and something small? It's the most plausible thing I can think of.

Old
11-06-2003, 01:20 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Sens fans really like Smyth. Too bad Lowe would never trade him.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:49 PM
FacelessButcher

I want Mike Fisher. Interested in trading him? u r overstacked at center. Some mixture of Laraque,picks, or Rita?

Laraque+4th?
2nd(Edm)+2nd(NYR)?

(we got a 2nd +3rd from Wash for Grier I think Fisher is just a bit better than him, hes a good two-way center with decent size about a 35-40pt producer)

Old
11-07-2003, 06:16 AM
sensfan18

I really don't think that either Phillips or Fisher would be dealt unless someone were to drastically overpay. And I don't see how any team could justify drastically overpaying for them.

Phillips is finally turning into the player we thought we drafted and after showing this much patience thus far, it would be incredibly stupid to trade him now that he is starting to take stride.

Fisher is a fan favorite and if you are going to trade him you better get a hell of a lot more than 2 picks or there would be an extreme back lash from the fans (something the organization can not afford). This kid ,when healthy, can be a 50 pt man (maybe more??), who gives 110% each night, hits anything that moves, kills penalties, can play wing or center, and is cheap, you can't beat a player like that. He is very similar to Mike Peca, while not as good yet, very similar.

For the reasons stated above, I see no reason why the sens would trade either of these guys. This is not saying your offers are not fair, just it makes no sense to trade them.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:01 AM
officeglen

Btw why was Big George not playing last night?

Old
11-07-2003, 07:10 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Btw why was Big George not playing last night?
Salmaleinen played well in his first game so MacT played him again.

article about him getting sat out against Montrealhttp://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031105/nhl_edm2-sun.html

Closed Thread