06-23-2006, 08:32 AM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I feel your pain

Ok, so I am an oilers fan, first of
-I cheered against you two years ago
-I assume most of you cheered against us this year, as you should

that being said, after two years of the cup going south to american teams whos fans could care less (or at least much less than we would have cared), gulp, I can't beleive I am saying this but If we can't win next year I hope you guys do.

Don't get me wrong I hate you guys, but I hate the cup going south even more, we have both payed our dues and the cup needs to come to alberta.

okgooil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 02:43 PM
CBanana

I felt similarly after the 2004 playoffs with regards to Edmonton but if you're like me, you'll get over it.

Besides, I'm not doing my job very well if you hate Carolina more than Calgary.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBanana
I felt similarly after the 2004 playoffs with regards to Edmonton but if you're like me, you'll get over it.

Besides, I'm not doing my job very well if you hate Carolina more than Calgary.
I felt your pain in 94....you never get over it....j/k But at least you guys have won before...

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 07:19 PM
CBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover
I felt your pain in 94....you never get over it....j/k But at least you guys have won before...
I haven't got over the pain actually. I'm still mad about that Martin Gelinas goal.

But I did get over the idea of rooting for the Oilers.

Old
06-23-2006, 10:01 PM
natural420*

i say oiler fans and flames fans unite and direct our negative attention to the canucks. i despise them alot more then the oilers anyways. so many players to hate, the sedins, jovanovski, ruutuu , bertuzzi even kesler a bit. dont really dislike any of the oilers players at all really just dislike them to keep the rivalry going. lets get alberta together against vancouver..haha..anyone??

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 10:14 PM
CBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420
i say oiler fans and flames fans unite and direct our negative attention to the canucks. i despise them alot more then the oilers anyways. so many players to hate, the sedins, jovanovski, ruutuu , bertuzzi even kesler a bit. dont really dislike any of the oilers players at all really just dislike them to keep the rivalry going. lets get alberta together against vancouver..haha..anyone??
Nah, now that Bertuzzi is gone, my main reason for hating the Nucks is also gone. I can now focus all of my divisional hatred on the Oilers.

Old
06-24-2006, 12:22 AM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420

LOL, ya I hate the nucks aswell, I actually like the flames, I think your team has a ton of character, that being said watching low scoring games night after night does wear on me. you guys needs some Goal scoring.

okgooil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 03:42 AM
meck

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil
LOL, ya I hate the nucks aswell, I actually like the flames, I think your team has a ton of character, that being said watching low scoring games night after night does wear on me. you guys needs some Goal scoring.
say hello to mr.tanguay

meck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 08:01 PM
natural420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by meck
say hello to mr.tanguay

we should have a parade for him. as big as if we won the stanley cup. this trade is huge for us. this could be the biggest move we've made since kiprusoff and not including that, the biggest in a very long time.

yea. bertuzzi is gone, but i hated him the least of the few i pointed out. luongo gives vancouver some credibility though now. but they still have the sedin sisters and ruutuu the biggest biatch in hockey. slash and run is his game really nothing else. he's a fleury with no talent. dont think they are gonna sign jovanovski either which will be good for them too (from my standpoint, probably not theres)

Old
06-25-2006, 08:53 PM
abracanada

After watching Bertuzzi manhandling Phaneuf and a few others, I won't miss him at all. He was the one guy I feared when the Flames played the Nucks. I figure the Nuck Fans will regret losing him too (even if they won't admit it).

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 10:02 PM
chriss_co

if vancouver manages to sign luongo longterm i think we'll see him to start manhandling our division...

the move to acquire tanguay was a must have once luongo was traded to vancouver.. if you notice, all the other NW division teams (except the oilers) made moves the next day to adjust their team to the huge deal the canucks made

flames are a little more balanced now but still need another quality forward and now a solid depth defenceman

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 11:48 AM
It's Iggy Time

Offseason

I think the Tanguay deal is for sure the biggest splash Sutter is going to make this offseason but i could see him going after a center I would like him to get a depth defencemen but i dont see him doing that I think Ri. Regehr is ready to be a 6th defencemen. From what I watched last year he is fast enough for the NHL and is a good stay at home defencemen and he has a not bad shot either

It's Iggy Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Phaneuf_for_calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Iggy Time
I think the Tanguay deal is for sure the biggest splash Sutter is going to make this offseason but i could see him going after a center I would like him to get a depth defencemen but i dont see him doing that I think Ri. Regehr is ready to be a 6th defencemen. From what I watched last year he is fast enough for the NHL and is a good stay at home defencemen and he has a not bad shot either

I agree...

I see Amonte an a second round pick being traded for L. Nagy or a guy like'm

Phaneuf_for_calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:52 PM
natural420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf_for_calder
I agree...

geez nagy isnt exactly a depth centreman. he scores alot too. that would be awesome to land nagy too as long as he stays healthy. i've liked nagy for a while, always in my hockey pool. tanguay as well, would be nice to actually take some flames this time around. didnt have or want any last season.

Old
06-28-2006, 05:30 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf_for_calder
I agree...

Injuries or not, Phoenix would be out of their mind to trade Nagy for Amonte and a 2nd.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Body Checker

Nagy can be a 80 point guy, he aint coming here

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 01:48 PM
natural420*

Quote: