HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Cup still goes through Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2006, 09:36 AM
  #1
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
The Cup still goes through Montreal

Great article at faceoffmagazine.cmo about the fact that the Cup still goes through Montreal. Tampa Bay and Carolina both beat Montreal the past two playoffs and eventually won the cup. Before that was the curse of the Canadiens where teams who beat Montreal in the early rounds of the playoffs and went to the finals would always lose.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2006, 11:43 AM
  #2
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock
Great article at faceoffmagazine.cmo about the fact that the Cup still goes through Montreal. Tampa Bay and Carolina both beat Montreal the past two playoffs and eventually won the cup. Before that was the curse of the Canadiens where teams who beat Montreal in the early rounds of the playoffs and went to the finals would always lose.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2006, 11:55 AM
  #3
BORAT
Registered User
 
BORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
you know what is sad ... I realise we could have beaten Carolina ... CRAP !!!!!!!!!

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2006, 12:00 PM
  #4
Hab at it
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
This do not make me any happier. I want the cup not to be losing to the cup winners.

Hab at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 02:55 AM
  #5
Narg98
Registered User
 
Narg98's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Belgium
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT
you know what is sad ... I realise we could have beaten Carolina ... CRAP !!!!!!!!!
So what ? MTL beating CAR make them facing OTT and I doubt we would be able to win against them. After that, whoever is facing MTL (NJD or BUF), there were not a lot of hope seeing us winning, MTL always have so much trouble against NJD and BUF was so energic...

Tho, I think MTL could have beat the Oilers btw !

Narg98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 10:02 AM
  #6
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,462
vCash: 500
Used to be that the Cup just stayed here.....


tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2006, 10:37 AM
  #7
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,922
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg98
So what ? MTL beating CAR make them facing OTT and I doubt we would be able to win against them. After that, whoever is facing MTL (NJD or BUF), there were not a lot of hope seeing us winning, MTL always have so much trouble against NJD and BUF was so energic...

Tho, I think MTL could have beat the Oilers btw !
Who thought, from the start, that Edmonton could beat Detroit (I saw many people on HF that the Wings would sweep the series EASILY, some clowns even said that they would win in 3...), then San Jose, then Anaheim and reach game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals? NO BODY! So Ottawa are chokers, plus we tied the season series with team and they were playing without their top goaltender. After that, Buffalo were depleted, they would have been against Montreal too, so we could have beaten them to. Nothing is impossible...

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.