Notices

sammy and sergei

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Ortdogg

vCash: 500
sammy and sergei

First off i think that the 2 are exciting to watch out there.........but, i dont think they make a good line, neither of them like to shoot. they both are great skaters, stickhandlers and passers, but how many times have you caught yourself pulling your hair out or yelling shoot at the TV?i know i have alot. lapointe is the only one that will shoot on that line, and ive noticed that sammy and sergei dont seem to pass the puck to lapointe, he will dish it off to one of them and head to the front of the net to take abuse and create a screen, but yet all for nothing because no shots come . its frustrating to watch. they both skate in circles and pass back and forth until the other team breaks it up. i like both sergei's but i still think this team needs a second line center or maybe try bergeron, although i really like the chemistry he has with axe and rolly

Old
11-07-2003, 08:08 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtDogg19
First off i think that the 2 are exciting to watch out there.........but, i dont think they make a good line, neither of them like to shoot. they both are great skaters, stickhandlers and passers, but how many times have you caught yourself pulling your hair out or yelling shoot at the TV?i know i have alot. lapointe is the only one that will shoot on that line, and ive noticed that sammy and sergei dont seem to pass the puck to lapointe, he will dish it off to one of them and head to the front of the net to take abuse and create a screen, but yet all for nothing because no shots come . its frustrating to watch. they both skate in circles and pass back and forth until the other team breaks it up. i like both sergei's but i still think this team needs a second line center or maybe try bergeron, although i really like the chemistry he has with axe and rolly
You're right. They all need to shoot more.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:10 AM
neelynugs

it's also tough without the option of an offensive Dman. a guy like berard could take full advantage of the flying sergeis by swooping in from the point, and burying a pass into the slot. boynton does it sometimes, but he's not nearly as good as berard. jillson will eventually be the guy to count on for this, but if we had a rushing Dman, that line could really create opportunities. the idea of ian moran cutting to the goal doesn't exactly strike fear in any NHL team :moon:

Old
11-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
the idea of ian moran cutting to the goal doesn't exactly strike fear in any NHL team :moon:

It strikes fear in the heart of Vesa Toskala!!!

Closed Thread