HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks offering up Lupul for Comrie?

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 09:27 AM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

vCash: 500
Ducks offering up Lupul for Comrie?

Link

IF this is true, I think this is a deal Lowe should jump on. I know he doesn't play center, but he is still a guy who I think can help this team out. I've seen him play a few times on TSN and he is always creating chances, and plays a physical game. I kind of wonder whether the Ducks would actually give him up...

Old
11-07-2003, 09:32 AM
FacelessButcher

actually he is a jack of all trades Lw/Rw/and the oh so coveted center. Playing Rw currently on Anaheim and the duck fans are quite animated about not trading him for Comrie.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:40 AM
gretzky2kurri

I've heard bad things about Lupuls attitude from someone that knows him.

Also heard that the Ducks in last years playoffs asked him if he wanted to fly around with the team and practice with them for the post-season.

Apparently Lupul said, "Naw.......I'm going to Mexico with my buddys".

Nice.....

Old
11-07-2003, 10:17 AM
gretzky2kurri

Oh but I forgot. Lupul is from Edmonton.

I will admit most people here know more about Lupuls game and how he would fit in, than myself.

I trust people don't factor in his birth certificate when grading a deal for aqcuiring him.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I've heard bad things about Lupuls attitude from someone that knows him.

Also heard that the Ducks in last years playoffs asked him if he wanted to fly around with the team and practice with them for the post-season.

Apparently Lupul said, "Naw.......I'm going to Mexico with my buddys".

Nice.....
Lupul was with the team throughout the playoffs. Your friend lied to you.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:44 AM
copperandblue

Personally I would love to see Lupul here, I was hoping Edmonton would move up to get him when he was in the draft.

The problem I see with a deal for Lupul is that Comrie immediately jumps into the line up for conference rival and gives them a 60 pt player where as we get a prospect (again). Now I think Lupul is a damn good prospect and certainly someone to try and obtain but I am not ready to label him as can't miss.

If Lowe was able to get some insurance out of Anaheim as well, some one that can help out immediatley to soften the blow of having to wait for Lupul to develop then I think it would make sense. Problem is, what else does Anaheim have that they could include and would Anaheim covet Comrie enough to send us more than just Lupul for Comrie?

That's why I don't mind the Atlanta proposal. Coburn is the young stud that develops into a long term anchor on our blueline, where as even if Stefan never pans out completely, atleast we get a natural centerman that fills a void for the time being. It helps us now AND helps us later. Where as Comrie for Lupul helps them now and later but only really helps us later when we have to compete with them for a playoff spot.

On a side note, I thought the crew on the Fan 1260 was saying that Lupul's old man doesn't want his kid playing in Edmonton because of the added pressure. If that's true, it makes you wonder wether or not we would see the repeat of a Comrie situation two years down the road if we got him.

Old
11-07-2003, 11:07 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Lupul was with the team throughout the playoffs. Your friend lied to you.
oh.

I take it you are saying the whole playoffs? That he didn't miss the begining?

You could be right. I heard different.

Old
11-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryann
Link

IF this is true, I think this is a deal Lowe should jump on. I know he doesn't play center, but he is still a guy who I think can help this team out. I've seen him play a few times on TSN and he is always creating chances, and plays a physical game. I kind of wonder whether the Ducks would actually give him up...
I wouldn't say Lupul plays a "physical game". He gets into traffic, but once he's there he looks like a Tercel in the middle of an SUV pile-up. From the few Ducks games I've seen, he is easily knocked off the puck. His offensive talent is by far the most interesting part of his game. We would need more than just him for Comrie, the conference rival thing WILL factor into any mini-mike deal.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:38 PM
camboy

Does anybody know who was on Lupul's line the last couple of years in Medicine Hat? Just curious.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
oh.

I take it you are saying the whole playoffs? That he didn't miss the begining?

You could be right. I heard different.
He missed the whole first series I think, but he and Tim Brent weren't invited until later.

I don't think management believed we would get past the first round.

Old
11-07-2003, 01:37 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

This will probably sound retarded, but you know who I'd most like from Anaheim? Steve Rucchin.

Yes, he's older (32 right now) but he's signed for 2 seasons beyond this one at what looks like reasonable money. He's got big character and the kind of 2-way game that would fit perfectly with what I think Lowe is trying to build here. I doubt he'd be available, I doubt the Oilers would be after him even if he was available, but that's who I'd want.

Old
11-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

The Ducks are cellar dwellers without Rucchin in the lineup and healthy, which isn't often.

I don't think you have any hope of acquiring him.

Old
11-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Tarkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by camboy
Does anybody know who was on Lupul's line the last couple of years in Medicine Hat? Just curious.
Just going by memory, I think he played with Chris St. Jacques (LW) and Ben Thomson (C). I remember that line as being notable for having 3 right-hand shots, which is very unusual.

St. Jacques earned a tryout with DAL, but they sent him back to junior for his final season. Thomson graduated after last season, and he's probably playing minor pro somewhere.

Old
11-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Oi'll say!

I don't know that Lupul is good enough to extricate himself from the pile of top prospects that are in the hunt for a full time spot right now.

As a center yes, almost definitely, but on the rw he's not going anywhere fast.

I think he's a terrific young talent and it might be a big mistake not to take him, but it would just mean that the Oil would have to do yet another deal to get a solid team on the ice this season. We're missing one component, we can't just set this season aside for future considerations. The fans can't stay in a holding pattern indefinitely and there are a lot of quality veterans (York, Dvo, Smyth, Smith, Staios, Moreau, Reasoner) in the lineup that deserve a shot at a Cup.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:02 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
This will probably sound retarded, but you know who I'd most like from Anaheim? Steve Rucchin.

Yes, he's older (32 right now) but he's signed for 2 seasons beyond this one at what looks like reasonable money. He's got big character and the kind of 2-way game that would fit perfectly with what I think Lowe is trying to build here. I doubt he'd be available, I doubt the Oilers would be after him even if he was available, but that's who I'd want.
Nothing retarted about that OGE. I would love to see Rucchin somehow end up in Edmonton.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:07 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
He missed the whole first series I think, but he and Tim Brent weren't invited until later.

I don't think management believed we would get past the first round.
LOL.............I don't think 29 other teams thought that would happen too.

My information could be way off, but I heard when Lupuls season wrapped up they asked him to come follow the team and he decided to go to Mexico. I didn't hear anything about asking him after the 1st round, just when his season ended.

Maybe he came back and to his surprise the Ducks were still playing and THEN hitched a ride.

Or what I overheard could be a big steamy coil of crap too.

Just don't understand why something like this would get "made up".

Anyhow I've over-blown it enough already.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
LOL.............I don't think 29 other teams thought that would happen too.

My information could be way off, but I heard when Lupuls season wrapped up they asked him to come follow the team and he decided to go to Mexico. I didn't hear anything about asking him after the 1st round, just when his season ended.

Maybe he came back and to his surprise the Ducks were still playing and THEN hitched a ride.

Or what I overheard could be a big steamy coil of crap too.

Just don't understand why something like this would get "made up".

Anyhow I've over-blown it enough already.
Tell us the lockerroom story again. Some of us are too dumb to remember it exactly

All I remember is that MC and MacT were mad at each other after the AC deal and they had a catfight. Was that about it?

Old
11-07-2003, 09:30 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Tell us the lockerroom story again. Some of us are too dumb to remember it exactly

All I remember is that MC and MacT were mad at each other after the AC deal and they had a catfight. Was that about it?
Different topic....

Closed Thread