HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2006 Draft Thread

Old
06-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
People like me don't change? You don't know a single thing about me.

Did I hate EVERY SINGLE ACTION that the Kings took? ....or did I think that the people running the Kings' organization were incompetent and that a VAST majority of their decisions proved to be wrong?

Apparently the people paying the bills agreed with me

BTW, stop pretending "your" intelligent - it will make us all "more happy"

Tadite just seems to get off on trying to bring us all down. Especially in the face of some actual progress being made for this franchise's future.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 11:37 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Martin Nolet: will be a four year guy at UMass; a very good skater and fun to watch; not sure about offensive upside
He must be one hell of a skater...and I mean one hell of a skater as in that kid who can't stop from Mighty Ducks 2.

Meckler-apparently he's a boxing champion...I guess we know who's winning the Ivy League belt when he makes his way to the LA training camp.

Also, I'd just like to reiterate how happy I am about the Kings now taking character into account with their draft choices...it leads to good things.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Looks like development camp is July 9-14. From Grant Sonier's Draft Day Blog
Quote:
Most of our guys are going to take some time off. Myself and Al will be in L.A., where we have a development camp. We're going to come into the camp to catch up with the transition of Dean Lombardi and, with Ron Hextall coming on, we have some work to do. We have staff to hire that needs to be addressed. With the assistance of the coaching staff, the kids will be on the ice on July 9th through the 14th.

Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 12:52 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
Also, I'd just like to reiterate how happy I am about the Kings now taking character into account with their draft choices...it leads to good things.
DT ALWAYS took character into account w/ his draft choices, free agent signings, and trades. Look it over, you'll agree with me in the end. In fact, I almost think that he emphasized too much on character and didn't look at skill enough. The only questionable player he acquired (in terms of character) was Sean Avery, who still was able to bring his game every night. His play must have said something if he was singled out as one of the "causes" of the molehills and yet was re-signed by a GM who is trying to strengthen the foundation of the franchise.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 01:29 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
People like me don't change? You don't know a single thing about me.

Did I hate EVERY SINGLE ACTION that the Kings took? ....or did I think that the people running the Kings' organization were incompetent and that a VAST majority of their decisions proved to be wrong?

Apparently the people paying the bills agreed with me

BTW, stop pretending "your" intelligent - it will make us all "more happy"

No you just hate everything the Kings have done for the past 33 years.

You think your endless negative posts are just going to be forgotten as you jump up and down like some chearleader?

The "VAST majority of their decisions proved to be wrong" according to you means nothing.

Your the the poster-boy for the "sky is falling type."

I'm going to laugh in a few months when the Kings lose 1 game and you write off the season and franchise.

But hey maybe you have changed and you will wait 1 whole season before calling for the Coachs and GM's head.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 01:50 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite

You think your endless negative posts are just going to be forgotten as you jump up and down like some chearleader?

The "VAST majority of their decisions proved to be wrong" according to you means nothing.

I'm going to laugh in a few months when the Kings lose 1 game and you write off the season and franchise.

But hey maybe you have changed and you will wait 1 whole season before calling for the Coachs and GM's head.
Tadite....there will be a huge difference between the beginning of the 2006-07 season and the 2005-06 season. At the beginning of last season Kings management promoted the Kings squad as the best since 1993. So to be critical of their complete breakdown was justified in every way. But if you go into a season knowing that you are rebuilding and that the next 2 or 3 years are not likely to be playoff bound teams makes it easier to accept the losses for the future good of the franchise. I am sure PSP is aware of this and will direct his comments and criticism accordingly.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 02:57 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite=Clueless
Really? Everything? Could you please provide a link where I have expressed my "hate" for ANYTHING pre AEG?

Quote:
You think any of your ignorant drivel is going to be remembered as you ******* yourself at your shrine to AM and DT?

Quote:
Your moronic opinion stated as fact is utterly worthless

Quote:
If only you were actually intelligent enough to have an original thought...

Quote:

I'll save you the trouble - I'm writing off the upcoming season RIGHT NOW!
...and I'm not going to call for anyone's head, because retooling your team so that the younger players get the experience of playing at the highest level isn't always pretty, but it is necessary.

You know, it's really getting old being attacked by your absurd, moronic diatribes. I thought personal attacks weren't allowed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Tadite....there will be a huge difference between the beginning of the 2006-07 season and the 2005-06 season. At the beginning of last season Kings management promoted the Kings squad as the best since 1993. So to be critical of their complete breakdown was justified in every way. But if you go into a season knowing that you are rebuilding and that the next 2 or 3 years are not likely to be playoff bound teams makes it easier to accept the losses for the future good of the franchise. I am sure PSP is aware of this and will direct his comments and criticism accordingly.
Apparently that bonehead thinks I am incapable of that level of reasoning

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
I'll save you the trouble - I'm writing off the upcoming season RIGHT NOW!
...and I'm not going to call for anyone's head, because retooling your team so that the younger players get the experience of playing at the highest level isn't always pretty, but it is necessary.
Good lord youíre already writing off the whole season?

What type of fan are you? You don't even give the possibility of the kids being better or more consistent? You already donít care if we buy a few players on the open market?

But thanks for proving my point. Youíre not really a fan. Youíre just a guy who likes for his team to lose. Youíre a masochist.

The nice thing about this is Iím just going to use your quote. Why should anyone care what you think or say if you have already written off of the whole season? You may as well go on vacation for a few years..

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote