Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Demitra + Gaborik =

Old
06-25-2006, 03:15 PM
The n00b King ©*

vCash: 500
as much as i agree with the fact that Demitra is a fantastic player (easily a 1PPG guy), i have trouble thinking that he will produce well with Minny.

Why?

Because Minny's system is a defensive system. I do believe Pavol had a lot more freedom to be in the offence then he will in Minny.

I truly believe that Gaborik is a legit 50 goal scorer. Has he ever scored 50? He got close to 40 though.

The reason why he hasnt reached 50 is mainly because he's not given the freedom to do so.

Therefore i believe that Minny fans might actually end up being dissapointed with Demitra. Not because he's on the "decline" like some say (i think he's actually in his prime) but because of the defense first system Minny's head coach has forced down the throats of the players.

In the new NHL defense is important, but not like it was in the old NHL on a not so talented team.

Minny's got the speed and talent now, they should let them skate for crying out loud.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 04:06 PM
sushinsky4tsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockydude5000
The reason why Minnesota didn't go after Demitra in free agency was because they were too paranoid to spend money.
By 'paranoid' you mean cheap, right? Seriously, maybe there was some legite lockout-related reason why they didn't try to sign him. But I've yet to hear an explanation. The worst part is that nobody in the local media will have the good sense to grill Doug/ownership on this seemingly glaring lack of foresight either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockydude5000
Also, saying that Roloson left w/o compensation is a ridiculous statement. You now have Demitra to show for that trade, who was more needed in this organization than Roloson was last season.
It's facetious, but it's really not that ridiculous. We should have gotten Demitra w/o having to fork over the asset we received in the Roloson deal or anything else for that matter.

Last edited by sushinsky4tsar: 06-25-2006 at 04:13 PM.
sushinsky4tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 04:53 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
The reason why he hasnt reached 50 is mainly because he's not given the freedom to do so.
This is not true. Ice time would be a better argument, but I still wouldn't agree.

I'm not thrilled about losing O'Sullivan, but you knew we were eventually going to deal away a decent prospect. I'm not surprised it ends up being a guy close to making the team.

I think O'Sullivan still has a chance of just topping out as a second line winger. A chance to be more, and even a chance to be less. We'll have to see what happens. Not everyone who wins rookie of the year in the AHL turns into a superstar: http://www.ahlhalloffame.com/TrophyCase/garrett.html

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Surly Furious

If O'Sullivan is so great, why:

1. does HF rank him as only the 28th best prospect in hockey?
2. did he slide deep into rounf 2 his draft year? (i know, daddy, but is there more?)
3. didn't the Wild recall him last season? If he would have helped the team, there's no reson they wouldn't.

He may not be as sure a bet as some of you assume based on AHL stats.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 07:17 PM
WILDTATE10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
as much as i agree with the fact that Demitra is a fantastic player (easily a 1PPG guy), i have trouble thinking that he will produce well with Minny.

Why?

Because Minny's system is a defensive system. I do believe Pavol had a lot more freedom to be in the offence then he will in Minny.

I truly believe that Gaborik is a legit 50 goal scorer. Has he ever scored 50? He got close to 40 though.

Therefore i believe that Minny fans might actually end up being dissapointed with Demitra. Not because he's on the "decline" like some say (i think he's actually in his prime) but because of the defense first system Minny's head coach has forced down the throats of the players.

In the new NHL defense is important, but not like it was in the old NHL on a not so talented team.

Minny's got the speed and talent now, they should let them skate for crying out loud.
Gaborik would have easily reached 50 last year had he played every game and he played with Walz and Vellieux. He could score 60 this year with Demitra.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote