HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Would You Do This Deal?

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Hemmer

vCash: 500
Would You Do This Deal?

I know there are probably a number of reasons why this deal would never go down, so this is complete fantasy. I know Pitkanen won't be traded. Even Clarke isn't that dumb. In all likelihood, neither will Brewer, until we can't afford him or he seriously regresses in development. Still an idea though.

To PHI:
Mike Comrie
Eric Brewer

To EDM:
Joni Pitkanen
2nd Rd Pick

Edmonton doesn't fill any holes with this deal, which is a concern. They could make it bigger, adding Rita and a 3rd for a winger or C.

What it boils down to: Two known commodities for another rookie, one who arguably the most highly touted debut player this year, and certainly the one who has been the most impressive. Is this an overpay by Edmonton? 60pt #1/2 C and a certain #2 D-man for a potential Finnish "Nicklas Blake"

Thoughts?

Old
11-07-2003, 10:17 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
I know there are probably a number of reasons why this deal would never go down, so this is complete fantasy. I know Pitkanen won't be traded. Even Clarke isn't that dumb. In all likelihood, neither will Brewer, until we can't afford him or he seriously regresses in development. Still an idea though.

To PHI:
Mike Comrie
Eric Brewer

To EDM:
Joni Pitkanen
2nd Rd Pick

Edmonton doesn't fill any holes with this deal, which is a concern. They could make it bigger, adding Rita and a 3rd for a winger or C.

What it boils down to: Two known commodities for another rookie, one who arguably the most highly touted debut player this year, and certainly the one who has been the most impressive. Is this an overpay by Edmonton? 60pt #1/2 C and a certain #2 D-man for a potential Finnish "Nicklas Blake"

Thoughts?
I wouldn't... I like Pitkanen, but to trade 2 guys like Comrie and Brewer you would need another player coming back with Pitkanen, not a 2nd.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:27 AM
blah

No room for Comrie in Philly, unless the deal makes you Oiler fans want to pick a new fav team. If Philly is involved in a Comrie deal my bet would be a 3-way, the Flyers have an extra dman and 2 extra forwards with Brash and Somik on their way back.

Old
11-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer

To PHI:
Mike Comrie
Eric Brewer

To EDM:
Joni Pitkanen
2nd Rd Pick

Thoughts?

i'd NEVER do that deal....throw in a player like Williams or a centre that can centre Smytty & Hemsky, then maybe, Brewer had his best game of the season against the Sens & hopefully he can start earning the 2.5 mil he's getting paid this season..

Closed Thread