Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

What is the matter with us?

Old
06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
What is the matter with us?

How can we trade Sully like that. this guy could give us more then Demitra could anyday.

WOW im pissed.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2006, 06:56 PM
aylib
User and abuser

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quite the draft day.
First, passing on the best available player to take a safe "New Jersey"-type player. Seeing Lemaire rub his hands and grin made me sick.
Then we trade O'Sully, a freaking monster in the making.
**** the top brass.
**** 'em.

Last edited by aylib: 06-24-2006 at 07:04 PM.
aylib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2006, 06:57 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
To me we got a solid two way player that scores, is from Slovakia, friends with Gaborik, and is ready to come in and help us contend.

I am gald we pulled the trigger.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
Quite the draft day.
First, passing on the best available player to take a safe "New Jersey"-type player. Seeing Lemaire rub his hands and grin made me sick.
Then we trade O'Sully, a freaking monster in the making.
**** the top brass.
**** 'em.
My feelings exactly. The only bright side to this is how much money I'm going to save on tickets this year, because I'm not going to a single ****ing game this season. I'm done with these ****ing morons. **** 'em. I'm off the ****ing bandwagon, boys.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2006, 07:17 PM
sushinsky4tsar

couldn't think of a more appropriate title for the thread. It's official, this organization is incompetant.

Where to even start?

First off, in the old NHL, you take Sheppard over Little. But in the new NHL? But whatever, just my opinion. I was actually happy that we didn't take someone like Williams.

BUT THEN!!!!!!!!! No emoticon can describe what I'm feeling right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Demitra on the free agent mkt. last season? Second of all, isn't Patrik Elias prob. gonna be on the mkt. this season, a more talented and younger version of Demitra?

SWEET JESUS!!!! You dump O'Sullivan just as he's ready to pay dividends?

Third, you pass on Bobby Sanguinetti, Nigel Williams, and Stewart with the #17? If they were so head strong on making this awful trade, you take a character player w/ a top 10, you might as well trade the #9 pick, take a nice player at #17, and keep O'Surly.

Fourth, does DR not negotiate trade offers, or does he just take the first offer? You're telling me we couldn't at least get another 2nd or 3rd rounder coming this way in a deal? You're telling me we had to give up a 2nd rounder in a strong draft in addition to Willie Mitchell to land Shawn Belle and Martin Skoula?

The way I see it, we now need:

1. a new owner
2. a new GM
3. a new coach

sushinsky4tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 04:41 PM
jiggs 10

I think it was a great move. Demitra is a PROVEN 35+ goal scorer in the NHL. O'Sullivan is a one-time 40 goal scorer in the AHL. HUUUUGE difference! Demitra is a friend of Gaborik's, and plays like him and will help him. Sully would not have, probably. Played on his line, I mean.

The draft...well, we'll have to see how this pans out. Remember, Nik Lidstrom was picked about 190th, as was Fedorov (although that was due to being Russian in the old days more than anything), and Hasek was in the 200's. Sometimes lower picks can develop much more because no one is paying attention to them in the media. So give them 3 or 4 years, THEN start whining!

jiggs 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Liter of Cola

Rip an organization for a lack of moves, and relying too much on the kids. Now the Wild are being ripped for going out and getting a guy who has proven he can skate with Gaborik. The Wild NEEDED a LW. Who else would they have played with Gabby on line one? There is no-one on the roster that could play on Gaborik's level, the Wild recognized that and made a move to bring in his Slovakian buddy.

O'Sullivan hurts, but there has to be a reason for LA to make the move as well... Will fans ever be happy with the Wild?

Liter of Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Demitra is an incredible player. Honestly, the thread starter is overreacting. If along with Pavol you end up getting Gaborik signed, will it be worth it then?

Volcanologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 07:36 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

You guy's are going to love Demitra. He's unstoppable on breakaways and penalty shots.

Also he's a very good pp quarterback, so look for your pp to be very successful.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Chrisd

with demitra, gabby, rolston, bouchard....

it will be impossible for it not to be a good PP.

Chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote