HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Edm/Chi trade idea

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 10:15 AM
elphy101

vCash: 500
Edm/Chi trade idea

With the idiots (Pulford, and the old clan) back in charge of the Chicago Blackhawks. I wonder if Ruutu might be available for the right package. I think it makes alot of sense for Lowe to give Chicago a call. Why not be the first team in line to rob the Blackhawks now that the old guard is back in charge.

Chicago has alot of players/prospects that would be of interest to Edmonton especially Ruutu. But also defensive prospects Brent Seabrook and Anton Babchuk.

Maybe Comrie, Isbister, 2nd for Babchuk, Ruutu.

That first line would finally look good with Smyth, Ruutu, Hemsky.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:16 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
With the idiots (Pulford, and the old clan) back in charge of the Chicago Blackhawks. I wonder if Ruutu might be available for the right package. I think it makes alot of sense for Lowe to give Chicago a call. Why not be the first team in line to rob the Blackhawks now that the old guard is back in charge.

Chicago has alot of players/prospects that would be of interest to Edmonton especially Ruutu. But also defensive prospects Brent Seabrook and Anton Babchuk.

There is no way Chicago trades Ruutu... I just don't see it happening. The only way is if it was to guarantee Ovechin, but even that is iffy.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:22 AM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
There is no way Chicago trades Ruutu... I just don't see it happening. The only way is if it was to guarantee Ovechin, but even that is iffy.
If Mike Smith were still in charge I agree. With Pulford and the old guard. I'm not so sure. It's interesting reading a few chicago newspaper articles and post by Blackhawks fans. The reaction is basically that the idiots are back. Their all scared that Chicago will decide to try and make the playoffs this year and trade away a bunch of their young talent.

Old
11-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Cujo_31

Quote:

Isbister is a good powerforward & had a pretty decent game against the sens, just the game he needed to break out & start being a effective power-forward, a 2nd rdr + Comrie I wouldn't mind, even throw in a AHL farm hand player like Jani Rita (who still hasn't made the big club as a regular), then ya i'd do that trade..keep Isbister though.

Old
11-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
i don''t think edmonton can afford Ruutu, he signed a pretty big contract I believe

Old
11-07-2003, 11:18 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Somebody mentioned Ovechkin above with Ruutu. If the Black Hawks were smart they offer Ruutu and their first to who ever has the first ov pick for Ovechkin and say like a second. Ovechkin>>>>>>Ruutu

Old
11-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Mr Sakich

I read that pulford wants to shed some russions from the system. I don't think Ruutu qualifies as a russion but they have other guys who may be interesting.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Mizral

Pulford is an idiot, Elphy is right. I wouldn't put ANYTHING past these guys. But all things being equal, this is a lousy trade for the Hawks.

Old
11-07-2003, 02:05 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Pulford is an idiot, Elphy is right. I wouldn't put ANYTHING past these guys. But all things being equal, this is a lousy trade for the Hawks.
Make that 3. With Pulford in charge I would run, not walk, to the phone to be the first to congratulate him on his new position and start making offers.

Old
11-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Dangerdanger

Thats hilarious that you made this thread because just last night I had a dream that we traded a huge package to edmonton involving isbister (only player i remember) for a package involving ruutu (only player i remember). ONly a dream, but still funny

Old
11-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
Make that 3. With Pulford in charge I would run, not walk, to the phone to be the first to congratulate him on his new position and start making offers.
Don't think there aren't a number of GMs thinking exactly the same thing.

Old
11-07-2003, 05:28 PM
copperaddict

Not sure why everyone is so hard on Pulford? He can't be any worse then Smith. Smith did the same thing in the Peg loading up on euros and I don't recall him doing anything to make him a good GM.And Chicago is the same size as us up the middle and even though I don't believe it makes that much of a deal there is alot of posters here that think otherwise.Chicago does have some good Alberta boys that would improve our team.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:17 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
No player from Alberta on the hawks roster would contribute as much as the main Finnish one. If the Oilers could land Ruutu, its'd be absolutely amazing and I would immediately know who's name and # to put on my jersey...

Smith realized that it was time for a rebuild in Chicago and he stacked the teams prospects through good drafting and fiscally responsible moves. The problem was they hired a coach that was the total opposite...bring in veterans and make the playoffs with no hope of advancing anywhere.

So now if the coach and the GM are on the same page...which hopefully they are for the oilers sake, we could see some of our vets go there for some EXTREMELY promising youth...like radulov (pure sniper) or ruutu or babchuk, if you can't tell i'm pretty much drooling right now.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:31 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:

Now that Chicago got its most exciting prospect in 10 years under contract and playing, it will most certainly NOT trade that for a hold-out player.

The fact that Comrie is holding out will tell you that his trade value is going down. Desperation, leads to bargains. The hawks might give up Babchuck and a 4th round pick for the rights to sign Comrie but they are too stingy to give him what the Oilers won't.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:34 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
If Mike Smith were still in charge I agree. With Pulford and the old guard. I'm not so sure. It's interesting reading a few chicago newspaper articles and post by Blackhawks fans. The reaction is basically that the idiots are back. Their all scared that Chicago will decide to try and make the playoffs this year and trade away a bunch of their young talent.
Its a bit strange. Everyone is happy that Smith is gone, but not so happy that we have Pulford in charge. It might be a waiting process, but hell, they are winning now, so not much needs to be changed. No more cancers in the clubhouse (Housley+Fleury=crap), and a lot of the kids are playing like they are still trying to make the team.

Zhamnov and Daze getting hurt has actually brought up more youth, and they have responded. Not often that happens.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:37 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
The fact that Comrie is holding out will tell you that his trade value is going down. Desperation, leads to bargains.
Well, not if Lowe knows what's good for him. He's very set on getting what "HE" wants as a fair return regardless of what he's been offered. If nothing tickles him, Comrie stays put. Simple. No bargains here.

Closed Thread