HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Weight gets 4 games

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 03:32 PM
incawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey
Get off your Bertuzzi cream dream, he's a big guy and he can do damage, about just as much damage as a Blues player could do to Naslund if something were to happen to Weight. Quit dreaming in "la-la land."
Edit: Okay, changed my post since it still wasn't conveying what I meant.

I disagree if you're implying that St.Louis has someone on their team that is as "good" of a hitter as Bertuzzi. While he's not yet at Steven's level he's getting up there. And it's probably worth noting that next time I doubt that Bert will let up like he did on the Jackman hit. On the other hand, if anyone - on either team - is skating with their head down they're going to get walloped. So in that sense, yes, the blues are also capable of taking out Canuck players will hits.

Old
11-07-2003, 04:01 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepchew
I just read about the suspension on TSN.ca and Weight's response was that his stick rolled up by accident and that Sendin was faking any injury, lying on the ice for 30 minutes and then not missing a shift. Even if Sendin did embellish the effect a bit, Weight got caught hitting a player's head with his stick. He should have apolgized.
While i dont mind the suspension. weight should not appologise. He didnt hurt Sedin so let it go.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:17 PM
quat

Send a message via ICQ to quat
[QUOTE=Irish Blues]There are some here who, had Weight gotten 30 games, would be complaining that it still wasn't enough.

QUOTE]

Really? Who are these people? Up until this post no one seems close saying something like that.

At least he got more than one game. Found it interesting that the guy on the receiving end of the cross check had better things to say than the guy doing the hitting. Real class act from Weight.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:53 AM
Doomsday Device

Location: Gary Coleman's Finishing School for Doomsday Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Very fair. Irish Blues had it right, so long as they are consistant, we as fans have nothing to worry about.

4 games is more than fair, though I would suggest that had Henrik gotten a broken jaw or something, it could have been much, much worse. Weight does have a history of using his stick as a weapon twice now, and the third time may result in a huge suspension.
When did he do it before? If you're referring to the Marchment incident, he didn't use his stick there.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:55 AM
David

Quote:
I just read about the suspension on TSN.ca and Weight's response was that his stick rolled up by accident and that Sendin was faking any injury, lying on the ice for 30 minutes and then not missing a shift. Even if Sendin did embellish the effect a bit, Weight got caught hitting a player's head with his stick. He should have apolgized.

Yes, Weight should have apologized. I always thought that Dougie had way more class than that.

Too bad but players' respect for each other is dwindling fast!

Old
11-08-2003, 07:09 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Why would you apologize to someone faking? This is getting so rediculous. When have you ever heard of anyone apologizing?
Now everytime i see the hit its almost comical. Because it wasnt that bad!

Old
11-08-2003, 07:11 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Yes, Weight should have apologized. I always thought that Dougie had way more class than that.

Too bad but players' respect for each other is dwindling fast!
Apparently Bertuzzi went to visit Jackman the next day after he freight-trained him. Who'da thunk it? Not me.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:11 AM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Why would you apologize to someone faking? This is getting so rediculous. When have you ever heard of anyone apologizing?
He should apologize for implying that Sedin embellished when the cross-check was vicious enough to break his helmet and forced him to get stitches. It was a moronic thing for weight to say, even in an emotionally-charged state.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:13 AM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
So now you've changed your stance.

Jeezus Christ. NO, I haven't changed my stance. By "pound" I didn't nessarily mean a fist fight. There are plenty of ways "pound someone" without dropping the gloves. Could be a jarring hit followed by a fight -- or a concussion instead. How the hell would (any of us) know that in advance? All we know is someone will be gunning for Weight. Sorry, didn't realize I had to spell that out for you.

Your sig should've tipped me off....

Quote:
First it was that someone was going to "pound him" but now it's just going to be a big hit. Big deal. He can take a big hit.
Yah, just like Jackman right? Odds are Jackman is more able to absorb a huge hit better than Weight... but we'll see. Either Bertuzzi or Jovanovski could easily knock Weight out of a game / give him a concussion, again legally. Not saying someone is going to go swing their stick at his head.

Quote:
Get off your Bertuzzi cream dream, he's a big guy and he can do damage, about just as much damage as a Blues player could do to Naslund if something were to happen to Weight. Quit dreaming in "la-la land."
Look, I'm not trying to be a homer here (you obviously are with your cream dream and Naslund comments); I don't dislike St. Louis. I'm simply saying Weight could easily get nailed, regardless of what happens to anyone else. Or are you trying to say that can't happen?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:48 AM
islandnucker

Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
I've got to question if any of you St.Louis fans seen the hit at all. Personally I think that 4 games is enough but the guy knocked little chunks off of his helmet and did you see Sedin's eye afterwords? I guess though that Sedin where's a "soft" helmet right, so that just in case something happens he can sell the injury better Give me a break.

I'm not saying that he should apologize, to each their own, but if I nailed someone in the face I'd just say sorry it was an accident instead of saying that he was faking it.

One other thing, about the poster that implied they would take out Naslund let me get this straight. I don't think that revenge is right but it doesn't surprise, and won't surprise me, if it happens. Here it is:
Weight nails Sedin-doesn't that mean Weight gets a shot back to even things up?

Maybe I see things in a brighter light then you guys but why should Naslund get nailed if Weight nailed Sedin. If anyone has it coming it's Weight, Naslund didn't cross-check one of your guys in the head.

(Hopefully that made some kind of sense, early in the morning)

Old
11-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandnucker
I've got to question if any of you St.Louis fans seen the hit at all.
Nothing more impressive than lumping everyone in with the person or two you're actually referring to. Good show.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:36 AM
islandnucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Nothing more impressive than lumping everyone in with the person or two you're actually referring to. Good show.
Nothing more impressive then you making it out to be worse then it is. I'm pretty sure they themselves know who they are, I don't though. Rocket science suggests that it's not the Canucks fans, leave's the options slimmed right down, don't you say?

Old
11-08-2003, 10:14 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
"I was dissapointed that he laid there for 35 minutes, didn't miss a shift and didn't take a stitch," said Weight.

Man Weight is losing points in my books pretty fast. 35 minutes? LOL. Try 1 minute. And he did go get stitches and had to get a new helmet.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:16 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
May apologized to McKee. Were you one of the fans at the arena who likes to see people get hurt?

Old
11-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Spaceace

<------- Read my location

Old
11-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Nothing more impressive then you making it out to be worse then it is. I'm pretty sure they themselves know who they are, I don't though. Rocket science suggests that it's not the Canucks fans, leave's the options slimmed right down, don't you say?
You just admitted that you directed a blanket statement towards all Blues fans based on someone's words and you don't even know who you're directing your comments towards? If you don't know who you're directing your comments to, then you're making generalizations based on ignorance. If you don't want to read through the whole thread, that's not my problem. But, don't be surprised when certain Blues fans call you on your words when you make blanket statements about all of us. How's that for some rocket science?

Old
11-08-2003, 11:47 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
Jeezus Christ. NO, I haven't changed my stance. By "pound" I didn't nessarily mean a fist fight. There are plenty of ways "pound someone" without dropping the gloves. Could be a jarring hit followed by a fight -- or a concussion instead. How the hell would (any of us) know that in advance? All we know is someone will be gunning for Weight. Sorry, didn't realize I had to spell that out for you.

Your sig should've tipped me off....

Yah, just like Jackman right? Odds are Jackman is more able to absorb a huge hit better than Weight... but we'll see. Either Bertuzzi or Jovanovski could easily knock Weight out of a game / give him a concussion, again legally. Not saying someone is going to go swing their stick at his head.

Look, I'm not trying to be a homer here (you obviously are with your cream dream and Naslund comments); I don't dislike St. Louis. I'm simply saying Weight could easily get nailed, regardless of what happens to anyone else. Or are you trying to say that can't happen?

"Someone is going to pound the crap out of him next time the two teams meet......." Umm, in the context of the situation, you are definitely implying that someone would fight Weight, which the Blues wouldn't let happen.

Again, a big hit could happen, but it's not like you determine the outcome of a hit. Bertuzzi wasn't like, oh yeah this hit I think I'll hurt Jackman but next player I hit, I don't want to hurt them.

Could Weight be hurt? Sure. Wanna make a bet it doesn't happen? You sound so confident that it will. Why doesn't Sedin, or both of them lol, stick up for himself against Weight next time. If not, it can be someone else, and I'm sure Joel Quenville would send in someone else as well.

How am I a homer? :moon:

11-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
"Someone is going to pound the crap out of him next time the two teams meet......." Umm, in the context of the situation, you are definitely implying that someone would fight Weight, which the Blues wouldn't let happen.
Holy hell, are you telling Zippy what he meant when he said pound when he has CLEARLY SPELLED IT OUT FOR YOU? This is a new one.

Old
11-08-2003, 12:03 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Holy hell, are you telling Zippy what he meant when he said pound when he has CLEARLY SPELLED IT OUT FOR YOU? This is a new one.
Of course he says that now because he knows that the Blues aren't going to let anyone "pound" Weight in a fight. Holy hell Batman.

Old
11-08-2003, 12:30 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
May apologized to McKee. Were you one of the fans at the arena who likes to see people get hurt?
I sure was . Especially canucks . You canuck fans are out of control. I cheered when he got hit, when he went down, but not when he didnt get up. And i dont remember the building cheering when he didnt get up. But either way , cry me a river, a canuck lost a tooth. What a crime.

Old
11-08-2003, 01:46 PM
islandnucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
You just admitted that you directed a blanket statement towards all Blues fans based on someone's words and you don't even know who you're directing your comments towards? If you don't know who you're directing your comments to, then you're making generalizations based on ignorance. If you don't want to read through the whole thread, that's not my problem. But, don't be surprised when certain Blues fans call you on your words when you make blanket statements about all of us. How's that for some rocket science?
I'm glad you caught on so fast, Speedy McUnderstand.

I'm talking about the Blues fans in this thread. I didn't anywhere say it was all Blues fans in all of North America. The ones in this thread are the ones that are saying that the hit wasn't serious.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:30 PM
quat

Quote:
Great post! Weights comments reflect his attitude, and so do yours.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:53 PM
quat

For all those posters here that continue to invent or exagerate what others have said in dialogue, you should really try and tone it down. It's the cheapest and most low brow way of "winning" and argument.

"Canucks fans think Weight is the Devil" "All Blues Fans think.." "All Canucks fans are whiners" are just three of many used back and forth in these discussions. Why not base your opinion on what actually gets said than just trying to denigrate someone who doesn't share your opinion by inventing comments and then behave like they exist? If you enjoy talking hockey, what is the point in using hyperbole if you act like it's truth?

For all those who aren't CAnucks fans, I doubt very much you'd be happy if it was one of your players taking a cross check in the face from Burtuzzi or Linden or some other Canuck player, so why act like the cross check in the face is less than that. Whether you think it deserves a suspension or not is up for debate and it's interesting to hear from those who think it doesn't.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:14 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
I'm glad you caught on so fast, Speedy McUnderstand.

I'm talking about the Blues fans in this thread. I didn't anywhere say it was all Blues fans in all of North America. The ones in this thread are the ones that are saying that the hit wasn't serious.
So, you agree that your generalization was based on ignorance in the first place? Glad that's settled then.

Look, you can try and twist it however you want to, but go back and read through this thread and tell me where you justify addressing all Blues fans in that manner. Maybe you confused this thread with one of the other long threads and that's perfectly understandable. But, there's not much in this thread to justify using your blanket statement or hyperbole or whatever you want to term it. Irish Blues and c-carp didn't say anything out of line. Rat was involved in a panty discussion. Topshelf is the only one that said anything towards your point and it's not asking too much to direct comments to the person you're specifically talking to is it? If you're as swift as imply you are, you can surely realize your folly, no?

Old
11-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Nick Blue

Who in the hell cares if Weight "apologizes" or not? What kind of pansy gives a rat's ass about an apology? Quit being a bunch of little girls.

Closed Thread