HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Then who do you want besides Marty?????

View Poll Results: If not Marty, then who????
Manny Legace 1 2.94%
Martin Gerber 2 5.88%
Curtis Joseph 0 0%
Other 8 23.53%
Keep Marty 23 67.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-25-2006, 09:00 AM
hockeyhomer99

vCash: 500
Then who do you want besides Marty?????

If Marty is sooooooo bad, and he hasnt been good by any means, then who do we want?? Here is a few stats from some other goalies in the playoffs there first 3 years.

Ed Belfour 18-10 3.01 GAA 902 SA
DOm Hasik 5-9 2.35 GAA 913 SA
Cujo 9-12 3.19 GAA 912 SA
Marty 8-14 2.54 GAA 892 SA

SO Marty's numbers are not horrid, it's just that we forget Marty has only been a full time starter for 3 years now. We want to compare him to Roy or Brodeur and since there has only been 2 of them in the last 25 years, I think thats a little unfair.

hockeyhomer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhomer99
If Marty is sooooooo bad, and he hasnt been good by any means, then who do we want??
It's not that he's bad. The problem is that he's about to start a four-year contract that takes him to the age of 35 where he'll be making $6 million a year with a no-trade. That is a huge committment to make to a guy with questions surrounding him.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 04:09 PM
txomisc

i voted other, give me ryan miller

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Stars-Preds

We could probably get Miller's backup Martin Biron.

After all I've wrote about Marty Turco I still think he is our best option at this point in time for our franchise. He has a limited no-trade clause based on performance. So if he performs horribly we would have the option to move him. But there's no way to get equal value to Turco.

Anyone who has seen Turco play over his career knows he is one of the most talented goalies in the NHL. It's obviously a mental thing with him and every team and player that wins a championship has to overcome the mental obstacles. It's going to be the same way with Turco.

At this point I would be shocked if Turco was not between the pipes for the Stars next season.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 12:07 AM
streakie

Send a message via Yahoo to streakie
Turco will be back, go to the Stars homepage and listen to the interview with Armstrong. It would have to be one hell of a trade for him to bite and there really isn't anyone else out there better or proven. Not to mention that Armstrong said it best when he compared trading Turco, who is a good goalie, to Thornton, he said look at what happened there. I think there is fear from a lot of GM's about trading away a great asset because of impatience. And that is all it is, this is a team effort let us not forget that, and while there might be mental stuff going on with Marty, I would hate to get rid of him and watch him win the cup or go far in the playoffs with another team the next year.

streakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Mike Modano

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Modano Send a message via AIM to Mike Modano Send a message via MSN to Mike Modano Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Modano
I honestly don't know why we're even talking about moving Turks. He's our main guy. He had a great start for the Stars and now he's in a little slump. Big deal, happens all the time. Besides, don't forget his draftnumber...

Marty = Stars, period.

Mike Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 05:05 AM
Guerin13

its not that Marty has hit a little slump. not at all.

its that marty's slump is becoming a yearly pattern that shows up in the playoffs.

Guerin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Mike Modano

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Modano Send a message via AIM to Mike Modano Send a message via MSN to Mike Modano Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Modano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerin13
its not that Marty has hit a little slump. not at all.

its that marty's slump is becoming a yearly pattern that shows up in the playoffs.
True, so he and Moog should be working on that part. No need to thrash the guy...

Mike Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 06:27 PM
oozer

Vancouver gave Cloutier what 5 years to produce. How many is Dallas going to give Turco do you think before they do something different. Perhaps if our goalies spent less time trying to play the puck and more time stopping it in the net. There's a challenge for Moog. Ward wasn't a wanderer and he got the job done for Carolina

oozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Modano View Post
True, so he and Moog should be working on that part. No need to thrash the guy...
He's not exactly some young kid learning the ropes. He's 31. At some point, you have to look at him and see that what you have is what you get. At 31, there's not a lot of potential left in a guy.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:09 PM
oozer

Very true Troy. Enough said about Marty. I just wonder how concerned the org is about lost revenue in the lack of a post season for the last 3 seasons. I hope Moog can perform a miracle with Marty in the off-season.

oozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 03:26 AM
streakie

Send a message via Yahoo to streakie
Marty had a great first trip to the playoffs you people seem to forget that...

And maybe Moog is the problem, he seems to be trying to change his style, to make him what he is not. Maybe that is what is messing with his head. He seemed better before he got a goalie coach...

streakie is offline   Reply With Quote