HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2006-2007 New York Rangers Ticket Prices (UP 16%)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2006, 12:24 PM
  #1
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
2006-2007 New York Rangers Ticket Prices (UP 16%)

Just found out that next year's ticket prices have been set. Looks like getting swept in the first round is good enough for a ~16% price hike!

A couple of examples:

My seats in the 100's (non club) have gone from $58.50 to $68.00 each. They were $65 before the 10% decrease last year.

Seats in the 400's have gone from $22.50 to $26.00 each. They were $25 before the 10% decrease last year.

I knew the cap wasn't going to help keep prices low. The owners win on both sides...lower payroll and higher tickets prices.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Prices confirmed Prices confirmed on newyorkrangers.com

400's - $26.00
300's - $40.00
200s' and 100's (non club) - $68.00


Last edited by broadwayblue: 07-02-2006 at 04:49 PM.
broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 12:28 PM
  #2
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
i wonder if this is what all fans will see across the nhl?

I know NJD fans were hoping that the new arena in newark would be more affordable. Looks like that may not happen. I wonder what the impact will be acroos the NHL with attendance?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 01:01 PM
  #3
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
How else do you expect Dolan and Thomas to pay for the Larry Brown mistake?

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 01:48 PM
  #4
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,895
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Guess they're raising ticket prices.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=260424

Had to know it was coming.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 02:17 PM
  #5
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Just found out that next year's ticket prices have been set. Looks like getting swept in the first round is good enough for a ~16% price hike!

A couple of examples:

My seats in the 100's (non club) have gone from $58.50 to $68.00 each. They were $65 before the 10% decrease last year.

Seats in the 400's have gone from $22.50 to $26.00 each. They were $25 before the 10% decrease last year.
Is this on the Rangers website?

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 02:36 PM
  #6
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
What a joke. Arm and a damn leg to go see a hockey game.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 03:32 PM
  #7
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
What a joke. Arm and a damn leg to go see a hockey game.
$26.00 is an arm and a leg?

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 03:32 PM
  #8
Greg in MA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
What a joke. Arm and a damn leg to go see a hockey game.
It's not too bad considering it's MSG.

We got 2nd row 300's for a game in January coming in just under $40. Similar seats in Boston were nearly $75.

In fact, on the glass seats in the offensive zone (b's shoot twice) were $110 in Boston this past year, and that's after a season ticket discount. Loge easily hit $100 (similar to the 100's in MSG).


Don't even get my started on Philly's tickets. $50 for an obstructed view?

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 03:38 PM
  #9
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA
Don't even get my started on Philly's tickets. $50 for an obstructed view?
What's funny is this, though. Philly's prices jumped 5% this year. The Rangers' jumped 16%. So what we have is the organization rescinding the 10% discount it gave for one year, and then tacking on what may be the going rate for price hikes.

One would think a cap would have kept Ranger prices fixed for a while. After all, even with a raised cap, the team is still WELL below its payroll of two seasons ago.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
  #10
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,054
vCash: 500
$10 to make up for the prior year drop and $6 for this year.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 04:07 PM
  #11
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Can we get a source here? I cant find this anywhere.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 04:27 PM
  #12
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
It's times like these when I really apreciate college hockey. I paid $9 a game for my Cornell season tickets last year (student section.) The on ice product isn't nearly as high, but the atmosphere is also a thousand times better and the best seats in the house are $17 cheaper than the nosebleeds at the garden.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 04:58 PM
  #13
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
Can we get a source here? I cant find this anywhere.
I found the new prices when I logged into my season account manager and clicked on view/pay invoice. The only thing I can do to substantiate my claim would be to take a screen capture showing the $5984 charge due (which I then deduced was $68/ticket by dividing the total balance by 88...44 games x 2 tickets.)

I think it is a bit steep to take back the entire 10% decrease and tack on another 6% all in one year.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 05:01 PM
  #14
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
What's funny is this, though. Philly's prices jumped 5% this year. The Rangers' jumped 16%. So what we have is the organization rescinding the 10% discount it gave for one year, and then tacking on what may be the going rate for price hikes.

One would think a cap would have kept Ranger prices fixed for a while. After all, even with a raised cap, the team is still WELL below its payroll of two seasons ago.
That's what pisses me off about the increase. With a cap in place the Rangers are spending well below what they have spent in the past. If anything our ticket prices should have remained the same...or increased by 5%. 16% is a joke...but the organization knows that a large % of the seats are held by corporate accounts that don't really care what they go for.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 05:11 PM
  #15
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I found the new prices when I logged into my season account manager and clicked on view/pay invoice. The only thing I can do to substantiate my claim would be to take a screen capture showing the $5984 charge due (which I then deduced was $68/ticket by dividing the total balance by 88...44 games x 2 tickets.)

I think it is a bit steep to take back the entire 10% decrease and tack on another 6% all in one year.
Good place to look BB, never thought of it. I checked mine and 300's went from $36.50 to $40.00.

IMO if its too much money dont buy the tickets. I want to move down and MSG says moving closer is unlikely. So I would be happy to switch with anyone with decent seats in 200s or non club 100s.

I never got this. Same thing with the Yankees. It's too much money. They keep raising prices. Then dont go. It's that simple. It's a business. If they can charge it and you pay it, thats the end of the story.

Rangers draw 95%+ and you want them to keep prices the same? If they keep raising prices and I want to keep my tickets, I can drop the tickets or figure out a way to make the payments. Complaining wont do much. Not buying seasons will send a message.

---

As I think abt it it kinda sucks bc now the gap between 200s(100s non club) and 300s is $28, where last year it was only $21.50. Gotta cut spending somwhere.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 05:22 PM
  #16
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
Good place to look BB, never thought of it. I checked mine and 300's went from $36.50 to $40.00.

IMO if its too much money dont buy the tickets. I want to move down and MSG says moving closer is unlikely. So I would be happy to switch with anyone with decent seats in 200s or non club 100s.

I never got this. Same thing with the Yankees. It's too much money. They keep raising prices. Then dont go. It's that simple. It's a business. If they can charge it and you pay it, thats the end of the story.

Rangers draw 95%+ and you want them to keep prices the same? If they keep raising prices and I want to keep my tickets, I can drop the tickets or figure out a way to make the payments. Complaining wont do much. Not buying seasons will send a message.

---

As I think abt it it kinda sucks bc now the gap between 200s(100s non club) and 300s is $28, where last year it was only $21.50. Gotta cut spending somwhere.

I never said I couldn't afford it or would'nt pay it...it's just that as fans we're basically hostage to their arbitrary pricing. I mean their payroll is about 50% less than it was two years ago and yet they're increasing ticket prices by 16%? That doesn't seem reasonable. And what's to say they won't increase the prices again 16% next year? I would rather have them increase it 5% a year than worry about huge increases every summer.

And don't even get me started about how they have the audacity to charge us full regular season price for 3 meaningless pre-season games. That's just crap. If they charge more for playoff games shouldn't the pre-season games cost less than regular season games?

Regarding the gap between the 200s (100s non club) and 300s...just think about the gap between the 200s (100s non club) and the clubs. those are probably about $100 more now!

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 05:30 PM
  #17
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
Good place to look BB, never thought of it. I checked mine and 300's went from $36.50 to $40.00.

IMO if its too much money dont buy the tickets. I want to move down and MSG says moving closer is unlikely. So I would be happy to switch with anyone with decent seats in 200s or non club 100s.

I never got this. Same thing with the Yankees. It's too much money. They keep raising prices. Then dont go. It's that simple. It's a business. If they can charge it and you pay it, thats the end of the story.

Rangers draw 95%+ and you want them to keep prices the same? If they keep raising prices and I want to keep my tickets, I can drop the tickets or figure out a way to make the payments. Complaining wont do much. Not buying seasons will send a message.

---

As I think abt it it kinda sucks bc now the gap between 200s(100s non club) and 300s is $28, where last year it was only $21.50. Gotta cut spending somwhere.
The problem is that the Rangers arn't a normal business and, they don't have competition in the tradional sense. A ranger fan isn't just going to pick up and become an Isle fan because he can't afford tickets, there's too much loyalty inherrient in fandom that makes it impossible to apply stanard free market thinking to this business. As broadway blue said, fans are more or less at the mercy of the team, because they will not pick up an leave unless the circumstances are extreem (though I think the Knicks might actually have suceeded in reaching this level of alienation .)

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 05:34 PM
  #18
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
One would think a cap would have kept Ranger prices fixed for a while. After all, even with a raised cap, the team is still WELL below its payroll of two seasons ago.

You mean you expected the cap to keep ticket prices down?


You mentioned the Flyers, where I sit, tickets went up $1 per game. I also sit 2 rows from the ceiling though

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 05:37 PM
  #19
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I never said I couldn't afford it or would'nt pay it...it's just that as fans we're basically hostage to their arbitrary pricing.
It is what it is. I was never one to complain about someones pricing. If I complained about pricing AND then bought it, I really felt like an idiot.

It's a luxury and I want to go. SO either I make more money or cut out something else that I like to do.

I am happy I have seats bc it wont be long before there's a waiting list.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 06:01 PM
  #20
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,054
vCash: 500
The problem is that for all the publicity that Bettman got (and rightfully so), he failed to generate any new sources of revenue. Thus, the only way for teams to make money is ticket prices.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 08:20 PM
  #21
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,457
vCash: 500
Payroll goes from...

$80MM to under $40MM and they raise prices. So the fans do get the short end of the salary cap stick.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 08:23 PM
  #22
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,350
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
what a ****ing joke. bettman and dolan are pieces of rhetorical ****.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 08:25 PM
  #23
nyr7andcounting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
$26.00 is an arm and a leg?
No but when you add in the price of the binoculars..

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 08:36 PM
  #24
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,487
vCash: 500
The best way to voice your displesure with the whole thing is simple. Don't buy season tickets and save your money for something else you enjoy. This is a business and nobody is holding a gun to your head telling you to buy tickets. The market is set by the fans not by the Rangers.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 08:44 PM
  #25
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
No but when you add in the price of the binoculars..
Please. There's not a bad seat in the house, IMO.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.