HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worst of all time

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2003, 11:58 AM
  #1
MoeHowardDavid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Worst of all time

Roster of the worst Panthers players of all time.

Coach - Bryan Murray

Alex Hicks, Ryan Johnson, Rocky Thompson

Igor Ulanov, Chris Wells

...very hard list to make

MoeHowardDavid is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 12:03 PM
  #2
MoeHowardDavid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Also, I don't think we've ever had a horrible goaltender play for us for more than 3 games so I didn't list one.

MoeHowardDavid is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 12:06 PM
  #3
Chaos2k7
Registered User
 
Chaos2k7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeHowardDavid
Also, I don't think we've ever had a horrible goaltender play for us for more than 3 games so I didn't list one.

Shtalenkov?



Mikael "I don't think I can handle being a starter..." Shtalenkov...

For Burke? Yeah great trade Murray... Anyways, I just thought I would toss that name into the mix...

Chaos2k7 is online now  
Old
11-07-2003, 12:09 PM
  #4
MoeHowardDavid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHaos2k
Shtalenkov?



Mikael "I don't think I can handle being a starter..." Shtalenkov...

For Burke? Yeah great trade Murray... Anyways, I just thought I would toss that name into the mix...
I thought about him but his stats don't support him being on the list. Through 15 games he had a 2.31 goals against average.

MoeHowardDavid is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 12:22 PM
  #5
evildreams
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
joe cirella. next...

 
Old
11-07-2003, 02:01 PM
  #6
Pigge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Anders Eriksson was just terrible! I can't imagine anyone being worse.

Pigge is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 04:36 PM
  #7
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat
 
PantherboyHTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Blue Jay Way..
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
You forgot the all-time worst Panther ever...


Lance Pitlick

My gawd, talk about horrible (and expensive)

PantherboyHTR is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 06:07 PM
  #8
Acadmus
retired mod
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 16,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR
You forgot the all-time worst Panther ever...


Lance Pitlick

My gawd, talk about horrible (and expensive)

I'm sorry, he wasn't the worst Panther all-time.

Anyone remember a little known forward named Esa Tikanen?

Also, God Bless his soul, Dino Ciccarelli. Great player, but awfully expensive to carry on the roster for a season and a half when he couldn't play due to a back injury.

Worst player starting lineup:
coach: Duane Sutter (I know he's supposedly a good guy, but he had the WORST record as coach).

Forward: Esa Tikanen - Chris Wells - David Nemirovsky
Defense: Igor Ulanov - Anders Eriksson
Goal: Post-shoulder injury Trevor Kidd
Extra attacker: Steve Washburn

Acadmus is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 06:52 PM
  #9
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat
 
PantherboyHTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Blue Jay Way..
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
David Nemirovsky
Ah yes, our next "superstar"

PantherboyHTR is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 08:28 PM
  #10
PantherBlood6*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Ulanov doesn't belong on these lists over Mike Wilson...

And Mathieu Biron is doing everything he can to get himself on here, too.

PantherBlood6* is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 02:43 PM
  #11
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Wells-Tikkanen-Rocky Thompson (didn't we trade Kuba for Him?)
Anders Eriksson-Pitlick

Kidd-post shoulder

coach ?????

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 06:29 PM
  #12
MoeHowardDavid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheRat
Ryan Johnson? Hmm.. he's playing great for the Blues. He is excellent defensively, solid on face offs, great on the PK, adds speed and grit. Worst Panther of all time? That'd be your coaches fault, obviously. Q in St.Louis is getting a lot of use out of RJ. He was a great pickup off the waiver wire for the Blues.
This is all in context of when they were with the Panthers.

MoeHowardDavid is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 07:05 PM
  #13
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Igor Larionov -Wells- Esa Tikkanen

Ericksson (we lost Spacek for him)-Mike Wilson (we lost Rhett Warrener for him)

Stahlenkov (solely due to bein a lazy SOB who made us lose Dvorak)


Honorable Mentions:
Pierre Dagenais-Kirk Muller-Dave Gagner

Darren Van Impe-Jeff Norton (why did we acquire him twice?)

Kirk McLean (why did we trade Sheppard for him when we had Burke?)

Those hands down have to be your all time worst Panthers, imo, especially with the players we lost in acquiring the first set (Barnes, Warrener, Wooley, Spacek, and Dvorak) and what we got in return for the two on the wings (Yan Gulobsky, Dwany hay, and a conditional draft pick).

Clash* is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 09:53 PM
  #14
evildreams
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Kirk McLean (why did we trade Sheppard for him when we had Burke?)
pretty much tells the story about your knowledge of panthers history but after the way I embarrassed myself on the main board I guess I've got no room to talk. see, in the last panthers game at miami arena history, beezer was pissed that murray chose to start mclean in place of beezer, hence he took off (not that he probably wouldn't have anyways) for PHI. burke anywhere in the picture, smarty?

 
Old
11-09-2003, 12:54 AM
  #15
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
pretty much tells the story about your knowledge of panthers history but after the way I embarrassed myself on the main board I guess I've got no room to talk. see, in the last panthers game at miami arena history, beezer was pissed that murray chose to start mclean in place of beezer, hence he took off (not that he probably wouldn't have anyways) for PHI. burke anywhere in the picture, smarty?
Sorry, but lookin at the Panthers' register
Quote:
MCLEAN, KIRK - G #1 (1998-99)Acquired from Carolina on March 24, 1998 in exchange for Ray Sheppard. Became unrestricted free agent following 1998-99 season.
, I looked up McLean's only full season in a Panther uniform, 98-99 Panthers from the HockeyDataBase. Seems to me Burke was in the picture there, and Beezer wasn't. And your little post still didn't explain why McLean was acquired in the first place.

BTW, some of us don't obsess over tryin to play God over the internet and tryin to be right all the time. Might I suggest a stay at the Hotel Reality for a bit.

Clash* is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 05:45 AM
  #16
Acadmus
retired mod
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 16,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
Ulanov doesn't belong on these lists over Mike Wilson...
Sure he does. Wilson may have been unwilling to play physical hockey, but his stats weren't THAT bad. Ulanov, on the other hand, couldn't cure himself of his penchant for coast-to-coast passes in the defensive zone that kept getting picked off.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 05:50 AM
  #17
Acadmus
retired mod
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 16,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Sorry, but lookin at the Panthers' register , I looked up McLean's only full season in a Panther uniform, 98-99 Panthers from the HockeyDataBase. Seems to me Burke was in the picture there, and Beezer wasn't. And your little post still didn't explain why McLean was acquired in the first place.
Just to add to your correction of Panthers' history with Beezer, the reason he left was because, prior to his career-worst season with the Panthers in '97-'98, he took the team to arbitration to get his new one-year contract. It's widely surmised that he played so poorly that year because he was upset with things that Bryan Murray and his team said during the arbitration hearing regarding his play. Beezer didn't take the criticism well at all. That's why he was "out of there" after his arbitration-arranged contract expired at the end of the next season.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 08:07 AM
  #18
missBeezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to missBeezer
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
. see, in the last panthers game at miami arena history, beezer was pissed that murray chose to start mclean in place of beezer, hence he took off (not that he probably wouldn't have anyways) for PHI. burke anywhere in the picture, smarty?
This is not the reason I remember why Beezer went to Phily[though I could be wrong]. As I thought it went this way, that Terry was going to be our new coach for the new season, he even stated on the air[WQAM]he wanted Beezer as our goalie yet as the story goes he never asked Beezer to play for us. According to higher ups Beezer waited for the call that never came from Terry or any of the Panthers Org. so he signed with Philly. Now the story is would Beezer have played for the Panthers in the new building would have been interesting to see that is if the call came.

This is the story I have heard and I got it from a very reliable person. If you know a different one, so be it.

missBeezer is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 10:03 AM
  #19
Acadmus
retired mod
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 16,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missBeezer
This is not the reason I remember why Beezer went to Phily[though I could be wrong]. As I thought it went this way, that Terry was going to be our new coach for the new season, he even stated on the air[WQAM]he wanted Beezer as our goalie yet as the story goes he never asked Beezer to play for us. According to higher ups Beezer waited for the call that never came from Terry or any of the Panthers Org. so he signed with Philly. Now the story is would Beezer have played for the Panthers in the new building would have been interesting to see that is if the call came.

This is the story I have heard and I got it from a very reliable person. If you know a different one, so be it.
My version is just the story that was floating in the news sources back then. VanBiesbrouck was hideously unhappy because of things said about his performance in his arbitration case after he'd been one of the main reasons the team was a contender for two years.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 10:17 AM
  #20
evildreams
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Sorry, but lookin at the Panthers' register , I looked up McLean's only full season in a Panther uniform, 98-99 Panthers from the HockeyDataBase. Seems to me Burke was in the picture there, and Beezer wasn't. And your little post still didn't explain why McLean was acquired in the first place.

BTW, some of us don't obsess over tryin to play God over the internet and tryin to be right all the time. Might I suggest a stay at the Hotel Reality for a bit.
hey smarty, looks like you are the one who is wrong. check out the link below to see the 1st season mclean began wityh the cats.


http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=3605

i KNOW he started the last fla game at the miami arena. i'm not playing god, but i sure as **** have been following the panthers longer than you and thus know more about them. be quiet in the future.

when i spoke of burke, i didn't mean literally in the picture, you intelect; he wasn't a factor until '98-'99, thus he had nothing to do with the situation in the first place.

btw, editing my quote and adding your own words makes you look real mature.

 
Old
11-10-2003, 01:53 PM
  #21
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
hey smarty, looks like you are the one who is wrong. check out the link below to see the 1st season mclean began wityh the cats.


http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=3605

i KNOW he started the last fla game at the miami arena. i'm not playing god, but i sure as **** have been following the panthers longer than you and thus know more about them. be quiet in the future.

when i spoke of burke, i didn't mean literally in the picture, you intelect; he wasn't a factor until '98-'99, thus he had nothing to do with the situation in the first place.

btw, editing my quote and adding your own words makes you look real mature.
First off, I said I had originally looked up his first full season in my second post. Meaning, I didn't look at the seven games he played prior. You also haven't answered as to the reason McLean was picked up at seasons' end, cause he was acquired before Beezer was gone. If anything, Acadamus answered it for me, but still wasn't a complete answer. Explained more why Beezer left AFTER the season.

As for following the Panthers, how come someone follow them longer than myself, when I've been goin to the games and followin them since their inception? How is it physically possible to follow a team since before they even existed? Talk about growin up and shuttin up, ya might want to learn something. As for knowin more, you haven't proven jack about knowin more. If anything, I just showed that I have more important things to worry about in my life as opposed to memorizing every aspect of every roster transaction in Panthers' history. If that shows anything, it shows you don't have a life. And BTW, let's see if you know your South Florida hockey history. What was the first South Florida based team to take the ice in a professional game?

Not meaning literally in the picture your way of tryin to double talk your way out of another jam? Anything like sayin Fleury sucks in one thread and another sayin Pit won't survive without him? Just curious, cause you look like more of an idiot to the HF world with every post.

As for editing your post, read up who editted it. And what's the matter, can't face the fact that you look like a total tard, especially after denying you posted something that was proven to have been posted.

Life lesson for you ED. You might want to sit back and watch how adults handle things before you continue to open your mouth. There's no poise to your posts, and no credibility to them with your attitude. Not only are you considered a joke by the majority, if not everyone, here on the Panthers' forum, but now you look just as bad on the entire site.

Clash* is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 01:58 PM
  #22
Heimy
Registered User
 
Heimy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I was just here
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
ok guys

You've already been warned once today. Now either can it or PM each other. Nobody else is interested.

Heimy is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 02:31 PM
  #23
evildreams
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
First off, I said I had originally looked up his first full season in my second post. Meaning, I didn't look at the seven games he played prior. You also haven't answered as to the reason McLean was picked up at seasons' end, cause he was acquired before Beezer was gone. If anything, Acadamus answered it for me, but still wasn't a complete answer. Explained more why Beezer left AFTER the season.

As for following the Panthers, how come someone follow them longer than myself, when I've been goin to the games and followin them since their inception? How is it physically possible to follow a team since before they even existed? Talk about growin up and shuttin up, ya might want to learn something. As for knowin more, you haven't proven jack about knowin more. If anything, I just showed that I have more important things to worry about in my life as opposed to memorizing every aspect of every roster transaction in Panthers' history. If that shows anything, it shows you don't have a life. And BTW, let's see if you know your South Florida hockey history. What was the first South Florida based team to take the ice in a professional game?

Not meaning literally in the picture your way of tryin to double talk your way out of another jam? Anything like sayin Fleury sucks in one thread and another sayin Pit won't survive without him? Just curious, cause you look like more of an idiot to the HF world with every post.

As for editing your post, read up who editted it. And what's the matter, can't face the fact that you look like a total tard, especially after denying you posted something that was proven to have been posted.

Life lesson for you ED. You might want to sit back and watch how adults handle things before you continue to open your mouth. There's no poise to your posts, and no credibility to them with your attitude. Not only are you considered a joke by the majority, if not everyone, here on the Panthers' forum, but now you look just as bad on the entire site.
1938, i believe. tropical hockey league. miami vs. miami beach. don't claim to know me, b/c you are wrong in every respect.

 
Old
11-10-2003, 02:37 PM
  #24
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
I've got to think the biggest bust and worst of all time was Chris Wells...maybe David Nemirosky b/c he was touted as a 50 goal scorer!

FlaPanthers7 is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 11:40 PM
  #25
patastrophe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: out back in the shed
Country: United States
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7
I've got to think the biggest bust and worst of all time was Chris Wells...maybe David Nemirosky b/c he was touted as a 50 goal scorer!

wells, kvasha (although he seems to be turning it around FINALLY on the island), tikkannen, gagner, muller, and almost every other ufa we have signed.

and fitzpatrick the wifebeating goalie, not so much for his play as backup goalie, but beating women automatically makes you a loser.

nemirovsky qualifies as a bust, but he never played enough to reach worst of all time status.

patastrophe is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.