HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie&Brewer to Philly (Proposal)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2003, 01:19 PM
  #1
peteo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Glenolden
Country: United States
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Comrie&Brewer to Philly (Proposal)

Gagne&Seidenberg&2nd in 04

peteo is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 01:21 PM
  #2
Ryno
BEHOLD!!
 
Ryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: G.P
Country: Canada
Posts: 529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteo
Gagne&Seidenberg&2nd in 04
IMO, No Pitkanen = No Comrie and Brewer.

Bottom line.

Ryno is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
  #3
Vyse64
N64
 
Vyse64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,786
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
thank you, please come again :moon:

Vyse64 is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 01:29 PM
  #4
Mizral
Registered User
 
Mizral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Earth, MW
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,150
vCash: 500
Not even close to enough.

Mizral is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 01:30 AM
  #5
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Not even close to enough.
Sorry, but Gagne's put up numbers better then Comrie has while playing in a much more restrective system which should even out Gagne getting to play with better talent. So to include a lot more then Gagne would be stupid for the Flyers and the only reason that would happen is Gagne had a bad year last year mostly due to injury which was even worse then the down year Comrie had last year.

And to even think you'd pry away Pitkanen for Comrie is freaking ludicrous.

Keep your hold out coming off a 20 goal 50 point season that you think is the second coming of #99. Talk about someone getting overhyped right now.

Keep posting that you'll get something like Gagne + a lot more, it might make you feel better. Hopefully your GM is a little more reaslistic as to his worth so you might get something back for him though.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 03:05 AM
  #6
Vyse64
N64
 
Vyse64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,786
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Sorry, but Gagne's put up numbers better then Comrie has while playing in a much more restrective system which should even out Gagne getting to play with better talent. So to include a lot more then Gagne would be stupid for the Flyers and the only reason that would happen is Gagne had a bad year last year mostly due to injury which was even worse then the down year Comrie had last year.

And to even think you'd pry away Pitkanen for Comrie is freaking ludicrous.

Keep your hold out coming off a 20 goal 50 point season that you think is the second coming of #99. Talk about someone getting overhyped right now.

Keep posting that you'll get something like Gagne + a lot more, it might make you feel better. Hopefully your GM is a little more reaslistic as to his worth so you might get something back for him though.
you don't read so well do you, I see no posts where it says Gagne + for Comrie or Pitkanen for Comrie in this thread, maybe check those reading glasses

Vyse64 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 05:38 AM
  #7
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
you don't read so well do you, I see no posts where it says Gagne + for Comrie or Pitkanen for Comrie in this thread, maybe check those reading glasses

You are right. And when you're right you're right.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 06:51 AM
  #8
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Lafleur
Maybe they have a crack in them like the liberty bell , Phillys goaltending and Mcnabbs ankles .
Nobody in Edmonton has a crack? No wonder all these god awful Comrie proposals are cluttering up the boards. You people crap out your mouths. Explains a lot.

blah is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 07:33 AM
  #9
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Nobody in Edmonton has a crack? No wonder all these god awful Comrie proposals are cluttering up the boards. You people crap out your mouths. Explains a lot.
Classy, classy post. Do us all a favour and don't do that again.

Seachd is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 07:41 AM
  #10
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
According to the Sun

the Flyers offered Handzus and a player.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 07:59 AM
  #11
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Classy, classy post. Do us all a favour and don't do that again.
Pretty classless on your part to ignore the posts above mine. I guess you know something about class though, lol.

blah is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 08:11 AM
  #12
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Pretty classless on your part to ignore the posts above mine. I guess you know something about class though, lol.
Yours was the only one with insults. Don't turn it on any one else. Just leave out the insults, and everything's fine.

Seachd is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 08:27 AM
  #13
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Sorry, but Gagne's put up numbers better then Comrie has while playing in a much more restrective system which should even out Gagne getting to play with better talent. So to include a lot more then Gagne would be stupid for the Flyers and the only reason that would happen is Gagne had a bad year last year mostly due to injury which was even worse then the down year Comrie had last year.

And to even think you'd pry away Pitkanen for Comrie is freaking ludicrous.

Keep your hold out coming off a 20 goal 50 point season that you think is the second coming of #99. Talk about someone getting overhyped right now.

Keep posting that you'll get something like Gagne + a lot more, it might make you feel better. Hopefully your GM is a little more reaslistic as to his worth so you might get something back for him though.
Have you even heard of Eric Brewer? He's probably got more trade value than Comrie does right now. That's a pretty glaring omission from your response dude.

Hopefully Eric's not on the blocks anyways, Pitk has had one less surgery than Frankenstein's monster.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 08:33 AM
  #14
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Have you even heard of Eric Brewer? He's probably got more trade value than Comrie does right now. That's a pretty glaring omission from your response dude.

Hopefully Eric's not on the blocks anyways, Pitk has had one less surgery than Frankenstein's monster.
And yet I bet you'd deal Brewer for him in a second. That is, if you've seen him play this year.

A trade between these two teams wouldn't go any further than Handzus + for Comrie + (small amount). The question from Philly's perspective is whether or not Zus is as effective against Ottawa and Jersey as he is against other teams and would Comrie's speed (which would probably make the Flyers as fast as any team in the league) be a big factor in a series against either of those two teams. Handzus and Seidenberg for Comrie and a 3rd would be fairly tempting to both teams, imo. I think the other question is whether or not Comrie can improve his defense enough to get considerable playing time from Hitchcock. I think a deal between these teams involving those two centerpieces is very possible, but not anything outside of that.

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 08:48 AM
  #15
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Have you even heard of Eric Brewer? He's probably got more trade value than Comrie does right now. That's a pretty glaring omission from your response dude.

Hopefully Eric's not on the blocks anyways, Pitk has had one less surgery than Frankenstein's monster.

Hey, if I had to omit to missing one, so do you.


There's no need for your response. It's already been covered.

BTW: You're way off on Pitkanen. Both knee operation recently (which is really the only things you could be thinking of) were scopes. He didn't even have tears. And if he had already been in the NHL he woudn't have missed more then a few games with a slight sprain. But because he was unsigned by the Flyers at the point he got injured, he was held out to minimize risk. A wise move obviously.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 09:33 AM
  #16
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
BTW: You're way off on Pitkanen. Both knee operation recently (which is really the only things you could be thinking of) were scopes.
OK you got me there, I thought he had arthroscopic surgery to fix something. He missed a lot of games.

We're still waiting patiently for Eric to pick up the pace a bit, he played very well in his last game but some fans are getting very impatient. I for one have nothing but faith in him.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 09:40 AM
  #17
Mizral
Registered User
 
Mizral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Earth, MW
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Sorry, but Gagne's put up numbers better then Comrie has while playing in a much more restrective system which should even out Gagne getting to play with better talent. So to include a lot more then Gagne would be stupid for the Flyers and the only reason that would happen is Gagne had a bad year last year mostly due to injury which was even worse then the down year Comrie had last year.

And to even think you'd pry away Pitkanen for Comrie is freaking ludicrous.

Keep your hold out coming off a 20 goal 50 point season that you think is the second coming of #99. Talk about someone getting overhyped right now.

Keep posting that you'll get something like Gagne + a lot more, it might make you feel better. Hopefully your GM is a little more reaslistic as to his worth so you might get something back for him though.
This from the same poster last year that spent hundreds of pages posting how Roman Cechmanek was better than Martin Brodeur.

Actually, LiquidRage, if you didn't know, I'm a Canuck fan. I've been one of the most vocal on these boards saying that the Oilers won't get all that much for Comrie.

However, Gagne, Seidenberg, and a pick for Comrie and Brewer is just, to use a word out of the Edmonton media.. 'Brewtal'.

First off, let's start with Gagne. Two schools of thought on this kid: 1) He's a potentially superstar, or 2) He's on the right track towards mediocrity. I tend to lie somewhere in the middle, but Flyers fans vastly overrated, if anything, his trade value which is, all things being equal (ie: No holdout for Comrie), *less* valuable than Mike Comrie.

Seidenberg I really like and feel is underrated, but there is no hope in hell that Seidenberg and a pick lands you Brewer. Even with the *slight* bit of value carried over from the Gagne/Comrie swap.

Pitkanen? Who says the Oilers even want him? I don't even like Brewer that much, but I'd rather have Brewer than Pitkanen. Forgive me if I don't believe every bit of hype coming down the pike about a Finnish player who has less than 15 NHL games to his name.

I believe if the Flyers want both Comrie & Brewer, they've got to start with a Handzus package and throw in something else significant. Significant meaning 'more than Denis Seidenberg and a pick', too.

I will say that there's no way Comrie alone gets the Oilers Handzus, however.

Mizral is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 09:57 AM
  #18
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Roman did have a better regular season then Brodeur. Beodeur just played in more games. Roman was steller regular season, melted down post season.

What you think Brodeur's POST SEASON proved my arguing the Roman had the better REGULAR SEASON wrong? WTF ever.

Whats your point Mizral? That you're a moderator who doesn't read posts since your post is a waste of freaking bandwidth since what you should be saying is "" since the point was already addressed that I had missed Brewer was in the subject line?


Oh, and here's a for your rather have Brewer then Pitkanen garbage. Good for you.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 10:14 AM
  #19
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
This from the same poster last year that spent hundreds of pages posting how Roman Cechmanek was better than Martin Brodeur.

Actually, LiquidRage, if you didn't know, I'm a Canuck fan. I've been one of the most vocal on these boards saying that the Oilers won't get all that much for Comrie.

However, Gagne, Seidenberg, and a pick for Comrie and Brewer is just, to use a word out of the Edmonton media.. 'Brewtal'.

First off, let's start with Gagne. Two schools of thought on this kid: 1) He's a potentially superstar, or 2) He's on the right track towards mediocrity. I tend to lie somewhere in the middle, but Flyers fans vastly overrated, if anything, his trade value which is, all things being equal (ie: No holdout for Comrie), *less* valuable than Mike Comrie.

Seidenberg I really like and feel is underrated, but there is no hope in hell that Seidenberg and a pick lands you Brewer. Even with the *slight* bit of value carried over from the Gagne/Comrie swap.

Pitkanen? Who says the Oilers even want him? I don't even like Brewer that much, but I'd rather have Brewer than Pitkanen. Forgive me if I don't believe every bit of hype coming down the pike about a Finnish player who has less than 15 NHL games to his name.

I believe if the Flyers want both Comrie & Brewer, they've got to start with a Handzus package and throw in something else significant. Significant meaning 'more than Denis Seidenberg and a pick', too.

I will say that there's no way Comrie alone gets the Oilers Handzus, however.
I'm confused how Gagne's trade value can be less than that of Mike Comrie's. While they are both very talented offensively, Gagne is 100 times the defensive player that Mike is. He's one of the Flyers best defensive forwards.

As for Pitkanen, how many times have you seen him play this season? I've seen him play every game and he is the real deal, he's probably close to Brewer's level already. His ceiling is ten times that of Brewer's and I think most objective Edmonton fans would take him straight up for Brewer in a second. The deal proposed doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Edmonton. It's not so much hype about Pitkanen as it is reality at this point. He IS going to be a hell of a defenseman, it's no longer a might be, imo.

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 10:29 AM
  #20
Mizral
Registered User
 
Mizral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Earth, MW
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
I'm confused how Gagne's trade value can be less than that of Mike Comrie's. While they are both very talented offensively, Gagne is 100 times the defensive player that Mike is. He's one of the Flyers best defensive forwards.

As for Pitkanen, how many times have you seen him play this season? I've seen him play every game and he is the real deal, he's probably close to Brewer's level already. His ceiling is ten times that of Brewer's and I think most objective Edmonton fans would take him straight up for Brewer in a second. The deal proposed doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Edmonton. It's not so much hype about Pitkanen as it is reality at this point. He IS going to be a hell of a defenseman, it's no longer a might be, imo.
Gagne is injury prone and inconsistant, and by my estimation, I've never seen him as a gamebreaker. While I agree he is a better two-way player, and he's bigger, Comrie is more consistant a gamebreaker. I would say that some may prefer one, some may prefer another. I don't even like Comrie all that much, as I said earlier, but Comrie to me would be the more valuable player, especially in a trade.

I've seen Pitkanen play twice now. He was pretty good. But then again, I thought the first few times I saw Alexandre Daigle, he'd be a star. It wasn't a 'might be' for Sens fans at the time, either.

Pitkanen's top-end potentially isn't really known at the moment, but it will be. Must I remind you, that Pavel Kubina came into this league with similar fan-fare. He was supposed to be the next big-time offensive defenseman. Same goes for Bryan Berard, who's potentially was considered to be even higher than people consider Pitkanen's to be. Eye injury or not, Berard prooved to be not all that special.

If Pitkanen turns out to be another Hamrlik, that shouldn't be considered a dissapointment. In my mind, that's what Flyers fans should be hoping for, another Hammer (He's a very good player). But to pump him up as the next Lidstrom or god knows what is a mistake. He isn't that good. Even if he turns into another Eric Brewer, that should be considered a success. Which is precisely why I wouldn't move Eric for Pitkanen. The Oilers need to get some better, older players. Not good young ones. They already have those.

Mizral is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 11:05 AM
  #21
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
Well you have your opinion, but If Pitkanen turns into another Hamrlik, I will be slightly disappointed. That's not to say Roman isn't a very good defenseman, but I see soo much potential in Joni that anything short of one of the top 5 d-men in the league will disappoint me. I don't know which games you've watched, but each game he seems to become more comftorable and better. He's resurected the Flyers PP and been there best defenseman and he's only 20. I think he does have the potential to be like Lidstrom. He has great speed, always seems to know when to jump into the play, rarely gets caught, is very solid defensively with the stick check, similar to Nik. He has a very good shot that he always seems to get to the net and he does everything and makes it look easy. I know the Oilers are in need of more veteran's, but I still believe they'd trade Brewer for Pitkanen. You might view him as a good young player, I few him as a great young player with the potential to be the best Flyers defenseman of all time.

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 11:56 AM
  #22
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
potential to be the best Flyers defenseman of all time.

Whoa.... im not part of this conversation at all, and some of the speculation between Phi. and Edm deal is interesting, but shouldnt one take off their Homer-colored glasses before making such a statement?
I mean... those are SOME expectations...

(i have seen Pitkanen play alot on CenterIce, he is good now, will be good in the future.. but I dont know if Hall-of-Fame good just yet)

Plus I second Mizral on not doing a Brewer for Pitkanen straight right now from the Oilers point of view. The Oil need more maturity, not more skilled youth (still considering how young Brewer is)

windowlicker is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 12:01 PM
  #23
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Whoa.... im not part of this conversation at all, and some of the speculation between Phi. and Edm deal is interesting, but shouldnt one take off their Homer-colored glasses before making such a statement?
I mean... those are SOME expectations...

(i have seen Pitkanen play alot on CenterIce, he is good now, will be good in the future.. but I dont know if Hall-of-Fame good just yet)

Plus I second Mizral on not doing a Brewer for Pitkanen straight right now from the Oilers point of view. The Oil need more maturity, not more skilled youth (still considering how young Brewer is)
Well currently Mark Howe is known as the best defenseman in Flyers history and many people in the media and fans believe Joni Pitkanen has the potential to be quite a bit better than he was (and he was a hell of a defenseman). He's getting better every game, including the game today where he was quite good. You can have your opinion on him vs. Brewer, but I know if a team called me up and I was the Flyers GM and offered a defenseman straight up for Joni, i'd turn him down and not think about it twice (and that includes Jay Bouw, though I believe they'll be the two best in hockey some day).

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 03:44 PM
  #24
copperaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
I'd like to see the Oil get Handzus. Jason Smith would fit in well with the Flyers and the Oil could use a good D prospect.This would also benefit the Oil as Lowe doesn't want Comrie in Western Conference.

copperaddict is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 03:47 PM
  #25
Oilers Hockey
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Don't fret, Mizral is the answer to the question nobody asked, thinks he knows what hes talking about, but he doesn't.

I feel Comrie for Gagne straight up is fair, and if you want Brewer, throw in Woywitka.

Oilers Hockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.