HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie&Brewer to Philly (Proposal)

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 01:19 PM
peteo

vCash: 500
Comrie&Brewer to Philly (Proposal)

Gagne&Seidenberg&2nd in 04

Old
11-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteo
Gagne&Seidenberg&2nd in 04
IMO, No Pitkanen = No Comrie and Brewer.

Bottom line.

Old
11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
thank you, please come again :moon:

Old
11-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Mizral

Not even close to enough.

Old
11-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Not even close to enough.
Sorry, but Gagne's put up numbers better then Comrie has while playing in a much more restrective system which should even out Gagne getting to play with better talent. So to include a lot more then Gagne would be stupid for the Flyers and the only reason that would happen is Gagne had a bad year last year mostly due to injury which was even worse then the down year Comrie had last year.

And to even think you'd pry away Pitkanen for Comrie is freaking ludicrous.

Keep your hold out coming off a 20 goal 50 point season that you think is the second coming of #99. Talk about someone getting overhyped right now.

Keep posting that you'll get something like Gagne + a lot more, it might make you feel better. Hopefully your GM is a little more reaslistic as to his worth so you might get something back for him though.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:05 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Sorry, but Gagne's put up numbers better then Comrie has while playing in a much more restrective system which should even out Gagne getting to play with better talent. So to include a lot more then Gagne would be stupid for the Flyers and the only reason that would happen is Gagne had a bad year last year mostly due to injury which was even worse then the down year Comrie had last year.

Keep your hold out coming off a 20 goal 50 point season that you think is the second coming of #99. Talk about someone getting overhyped right now.

Keep posting that you'll get something like Gagne + a lot more, it might make you feel better. Hopefully your GM is a little more reaslistic as to his worth so you might get something back for him though.
you don't read so well do you, I see no posts where it says Gagne + for Comrie or Pitkanen for Comrie in this thread, maybe check those reading glasses

Old
11-08-2003, 05:38 AM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
you don't read so well do you, I see no posts where it says Gagne + for Comrie or Pitkanen for Comrie in this thread, maybe check those reading glasses

You are right. And when you're right you're right.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:51 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Lafleur
Maybe they have a crack in them like the liberty bell , Phillys goaltending and Mcnabbs ankles .
Nobody in Edmonton has a crack? No wonder all these god awful Comrie proposals are cluttering up the boards. You people crap out your mouths. Explains a lot.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:33 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Nobody in Edmonton has a crack? No wonder all these god awful Comrie proposals are cluttering up the boards. You people crap out your mouths. Explains a lot.
Classy, classy post. Do us all a favour and don't do that again.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:41 AM
hockeyaddict101

According to the Sun

the Flyers offered Handzus and a player.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:59 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Classy, classy post. Do us all a favour and don't do that again.
Pretty classless on your part to ignore the posts above mine. I guess you know something about class though, lol.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:11 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Pretty classless on your part to ignore the posts above mine. I guess you know something about class though, lol.
Yours was the only one with insults. Don't turn it on any one else. Just leave out the insults, and everything's fine.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:27 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:

Have you even heard of Eric Brewer? He's probably got more trade value than Comrie does right now. That's a pretty glaring omission from your response dude.

Hopefully Eric's not on the blocks anyways, Pitk has had one less surgery than Frankenstein's monster.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:33 AM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Have you even heard of Eric Brewer? He's probably got more trade value than Comrie does right now. That's a pretty glaring omission from your response dude.

Hopefully Eric's not on the blocks anyways, Pitk has had one less surgery than Frankenstein's monster.
And yet I bet you'd deal Brewer for him in a second. That is, if you've seen him play this year.

A trade between these two teams wouldn't go any further than Handzus + for Comrie + (small amount). The question from Philly's perspective is whether or not Zus is as effective against Ottawa and Jersey as he is against other teams and would Comrie's speed (which would probably make the Flyers as fast as any team in the league) be a big factor in a series against either of those two teams. Handzus and Seidenberg for Comrie and a 3rd would be fairly tempting to both teams, imo. I think the other question is whether or not Comrie can improve his defense enough to get considerable playing time from Hitchcock. I think a deal between these teams involving those two centerpieces is very possible, but not anything outside of that.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:48 AM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!

Hey, if I had to omit to missing one, so do you.

There's no need for your response. It's already been covered.

BTW: You're way off on Pitkanen. Both knee operation recently (which is really the only things you could be thinking of) were scopes. He didn't even have tears. And if he had already been in the NHL he woudn't have missed more then a few games with a slight sprain. But because he was unsigned by the Flyers at the point he got injured, he was held out to minimize risk. A wise move obviously.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
BTW: You're way off on Pitkanen. Both knee operation recently (which is really the only things you could be thinking of) were scopes.
OK you got me there, I thought he had arthroscopic surgery to fix something. He missed a lot of games.

We're still waiting patiently for Eric to pick up the pace a bit, he played very well in his last game but some fans are getting very impatient. I for one have nothing but faith in him.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Mizral

Quote:

This from the same poster last year that spent hundreds of pages posting how Roman Cechmanek was better than Martin Brodeur.

Actually, LiquidRage, if you didn't know, I'm a Canuck fan. I've been one of the most vocal on these boards saying that the Oilers won't get all that much for Comrie.

However, Gagne, Seidenberg, and a pick for Comrie and Brewer is just, to use a word out of the Edmonton media.. 'Brewtal'.

First off, let's start with Gagne. Two schools of thought on this kid: 1) He's a potentially superstar, or 2) He's on the right track towards mediocrity. I tend to lie somewhere in the middle, but Flyers fans vastly overrated, if anything, his trade value which is, all things being equal (ie: No holdout for Comrie), *less* valuable than Mike Comrie.

Seidenberg I really like and feel is underrated, but there is no hope in hell that Seidenberg and a pick lands you Brewer. Even with the *slight* bit of value carried over from the Gagne/Comrie swap.

Pitkanen? Who says the Oilers even want him? I don't even like Brewer that much, but I'd rather have Brewer than Pitkanen. Forgive me if I don't believe every bit of hype coming down the pike about a Finnish player who has less than 15 NHL games to his name.

I believe if the Flyers want both Comrie & Brewer, they've got to start with a Handzus package and throw in something else significant. Significant meaning 'more than Denis Seidenberg and a pick', too.

I will say that there's no way Comrie alone gets the Oilers Handzus, however.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Liquidrage*

Roman did have a better regular season then Brodeur. Beodeur just played in more games. Roman was steller regular season, melted down post season.

What you think Brodeur's POST SEASON proved my arguing the Roman had the better REGULAR SEASON wrong? WTF ever.

Whats your point Mizral? That you're a moderator who doesn't read posts since your post is a waste of freaking bandwidth since what you should be saying is "" since the point was already addressed that I had missed Brewer was in the subject line?

Oh, and here's a for your rather have Brewer then Pitkanen garbage. Good for you.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:14 AM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
This from the same poster last year that spent hundreds of pages posting how Roman Cechmanek was better than Martin Brodeur.

Actually, LiquidRage, if you didn't know, I'm a Canuck fan. I've been one of the most vocal on these boards saying that the Oilers won't get all that much for Comrie.

However, Gagne, Seidenberg, and a pick for Comrie and Brewer is just, to use a word out of the Edmonton media.. 'Brewtal'.

First off, let's start with Gagne. Two schools of thought on this kid: 1) He's a potentially superstar, or 2) He's on the right track towards mediocrity. I tend to lie somewhere in the middle, but Flyers fans vastly overrated, if anything, his trade value which is, all things being equal (ie: No holdout for Comrie), *less* valuable than Mike Comrie.

Seidenberg I really like and feel is underrated, but there is no hope in hell that Seidenberg and a pick lands you Brewer. Even with the *slight* bit of value carried over from the Gagne/Comrie swap.

Pitkanen? Who says the Oilers even want him? I don't even like Brewer that much, but I'd rather have Brewer than Pitkanen. Forgive me if I don't believe every bit of hype coming down the pike about a Finnish player who has less than 15 NHL games to his name.

I believe if the Flyers want both Comrie & Brewer, they've got to start with a Handzus package and throw in something else significant. Significant meaning 'more than Denis Seidenberg and a pick', too.

I will say that there's no way Comrie alone gets the Oilers Handzus, however.
I'm confused how Gagne's trade value can be less than that of Mike Comrie's. While they are both very talented offensively, Gagne is 100 times the defensive player that Mike is. He's one of the Flyers best defensive forwards.

As for Pitkanen, how many times have you seen him play this season? I've seen him play every game and he is the real deal, he's probably close to Brewer's level already. His ceiling is ten times that of Brewer's and I think most objective Edmonton fans would take him straight up for Brewer in a second. The deal proposed doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Edmonton. It's not so much hype about Pitkanen as it is reality at this point. He IS going to be a hell of a defenseman, it's no longer a might be, imo.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
I'm confused how Gagne's trade value can be less than that of Mike Comrie's. While they are both very talented offensively, Gagne is 100 times the defensive player that Mike is. He's one of the Flyers best defensive forwards.

As for Pitkanen, how many times have you seen him play this season? I've seen him play every game and he is the real deal, he's probably close to Brewer's level already. His ceiling is ten times that of Brewer's and I think most objective Edmonton fans would take him straight up for Brewer in a second. The deal proposed doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Edmonton. It's not so much hype about Pitkanen as it is reality at this point. He IS going to be a hell of a defenseman, it's no longer a might be, imo.
Gagne is injury prone and inconsistant, and by my estimation, I've never seen him as a gamebreaker. While I agree he is a better two-way player, and he's bigger, Comrie is more consistant a gamebreaker. I would say that some may prefer one, some may prefer another. I don't even like Comrie all that much, as I said earlier, but Comrie to me would be the more valuable player, especially in a trade.

I've seen Pitkanen play twice now. He was pretty good. But then again, I thought the first few times I saw Alexandre Daigle, he'd be a star. It wasn't a 'might be' for Sens fans at the time, either.

Pitkanen's top-end potentially isn't really known at the moment, but it will be. Must I remind you, that Pavel Kubina came into this league with similar fan-fare. He was supposed to be the next big-time offensive defenseman. Same goes for Bryan Berard, who's potentially was considered to be even higher than people consider Pitkanen's to be. Eye injury or not, Berard prooved to be not all that special.

If Pitkanen turns out to be another Hamrlik, that shouldn't be considered a dissapointment. In my mind, that's what Flyers fans should be hoping for, another Hammer (He's a very good player). But to pump him up as the next Lidstrom or god knows what is a mistake. He isn't that good. Even if he turns into another Eric Brewer, that should be considered a success. Which is precisely why I wouldn't move Eric for Pitkanen. The Oilers need to get some better, older players. Not good young ones. They already have those.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Gags1288

Well you have your opinion, but If Pitkanen turns into another Hamrlik, I will be slightly disappointed. That's not to say Roman isn't a very good defenseman, but I see soo much potential in Joni that anything short of one of the top 5 d-men in the league will disappoint me. I don't know which games you've watched, but each game he seems to become more comftorable and better. He's resurected the Flyers PP and been there best defenseman and he's only 20. I think he does have the potential to be like Lidstrom. He has great speed, always seems to know when to jump into the play, rarely gets caught, is very solid defensively with the stick check, similar to Nik. He has a very good shot that he always seems to get to the net and he does everything and makes it look easy. I know the Oilers are in need of more veteran's, but I still believe they'd trade Brewer for Pitkanen. You might view him as a good young player, I few him as a great young player with the potential to be the best Flyers defenseman of all time.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:56 AM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
potential to be the best Flyers defenseman of all time.

Whoa.... im not part of this conversation at all, and some of the speculation between Phi. and Edm deal is interesting, but shouldnt one take off their Homer-colored glasses before making such a statement?
I mean... those are SOME expectations...

(i have seen Pitkanen play alot on CenterIce, he is good now, will be good in the future.. but I dont know if Hall-of-Fame good just yet)

Plus I second Mizral on not doing a Brewer for Pitkanen straight right now from the Oilers point of view. The Oil need more maturity, not more skilled youth (still considering how young Brewer is)

Old
11-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Whoa.... im not part of this conversation at all, and some of the speculation between Phi. and Edm deal is interesting, but shouldnt one take off their Homer-colored glasses before making such a statement?
I mean... those are SOME expectations...

(i have seen Pitkanen play alot on CenterIce, he is good now, will be good in the future.. but I dont know if Hall-of-Fame good just yet)

Plus I second Mizral on not doing a Brewer for Pitkanen straight right now from the Oilers point of view. The Oil need more maturity, not more skilled youth (still considering how young Brewer is)
Well currently Mark Howe is known as the best defenseman in Flyers history and many people in the media and fans believe Joni Pitkanen has the potential to be quite a bit better than he was (and he was a hell of a defenseman). He's getting better every game, including the game today where he was quite good. You can have your opinion on him vs. Brewer, but I know if a team called me up and I was the Flyers GM and offered a defenseman straight up for Joni, i'd turn him down and not think about it twice (and that includes Jay Bouw, though I believe they'll be the two best in hockey some day).

Old
11-08-2003, 03:44 PM
copperaddict

I'd like to see the Oil get Handzus. Jason Smith would fit in well with the Flyers and the Oil could use a good D prospect.This would also benefit the Oil as Lowe doesn't want Comrie in Western Conference.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:47 PM
Oilers Hockey

Don't fret, Mizral is the answer to the question nobody asked, thinks he knows what hes talking about, but he doesn't.

I feel Comrie for Gagne straight up is fair, and if you want Brewer, throw in Woywitka.

Closed Thread