HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(HF Story) Sarno & Salmo

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
(HF Story) Sarno & Salmo

Thanks to Holly for a remarkably fast posting... I just sent this to her about 3 hours ago!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
11-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Awesome work Guy!

Thanks for summing up a lot of the trade speculation. I'm sure your ears have been more privy to that kind of stuff than most of ours here. When do you think the whole Comrie debacle is going to end?

Old
11-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
When do you think the whole Comrie debacle is going to end?
Sorry, I dropped my Crystal Ball in some paint now I can't see spit.

I thought it would be about Halloween so... I'm already wrong on guessing a time frame.

Old
11-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
great read Guy

Old
11-07-2003, 02:57 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
I thought it would be about Halloween so... I'm already wrong on guessing a time frame.
It's hard guessing when and what somebody else will do when even that person doesn't know. Nice story Guy. Your writing has always been strong but your presentation and confidence in your material just continues to grow. Congratulations, we will miss you when you get scooped up by one of the dailies. Please rescue us from Ireland!!!

Old
11-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Quote:
Sorry, I dropped my Crystal Ball in some paint now I can't see spit.

Crystal Balls are so fragile.

I wonder if K-Lo would let Comrie sit until the trade deadline? That seems to be the time of year he trades the most.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:55 PM
momentai

that would be interesting to say the least to acquire the likes of Tomas Fleischmann. Those 2 have become quite the pair in Moose Jaw this year... Tomas has 23 assists and is leading the lead in that regard.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
Your writing has always been strong but your presentation and confidence in your material just continues to grow. Congratulations, we will miss you when you get scooped up by one of the dailies. Please rescue us from Ireland!!!

OK... I appreciate the praise, sincerely. However, Joanne Ireland (like her writing or not) has been one of the nicest "real" journalists/media people I have had the pleasure of meeting since getting the opportunity to sit and hang out with all the rest of that club. She's treated me really nicely, not spoken down to "the new guy" or anything like that.

To each their own so if you're not a fan of hers I guess I'm not going to change your mind or anything but... just so you know, she's knowledgable and knows what she's doing. It's probably not the easiest field for a woman to get a lot of respect in you know? There's a lot of macho guys walking around in towels a lot of the time and plenty of colourful language... not that I haven't heard her curse from time to time too. Anyway, I am not her publicist or anything... I just think she gets a bad knock sometimes.

GuyF

Old
11-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
that would be interesting to say the least to acquire the likes of Tomas Fleischmann. Those 2 have become quite the pair in Moose Jaw this year... Tomas has 23 assists and is leading the lead in that regard.

Yeah, I was just throwing that out there... not an actual rumour I had heard or anything. I DID here that Detroit was interested but no names from the Wings did I hear. Just thought I'd speculate out loud on Fleischmann.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:52 PM
momentai

Quote:
Yeah, I was just throwing that out there... not an actual rumour I had heard or anything. I DID here that Detroit was interested but no names from the Wings did I hear. Just thought I'd speculate out loud on Fleischmann.
Well, that explains things somewhat for me. I had never once heard that name being mentioned on this board nor in any article that has been posted/written. For Detroit, I've always thought the names mentioned would include names like Fisher, Kornwall, Dats, Zetts, Hudler, etc.

The combination of Fleishmann and Brodziak certainly would be nice to see. But he wouldn't be enough on his own for Lowe to bite..

Closed Thread