Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Draft review?

Old
06-25-2006, 06:51 PM
brewstarz03

vCash: 500
Draft review?

I know we only had 5 picks, but how did we do? I was kinda pissed when we selected yet another defensemen with the first round pick. I am guessing there just wasn't any quality centers or forwards left that would make an impact with that high of a pick.

I see we grabbed another project of a goalie too. Could be okay along with McGann in 3-4 years.

brewstarz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Troy McClure

I won't lie. I've never heard of any of them. We'll see in five years how Army did.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstarz03
I know we only had 5 picks, but how did we do? I was kinda pissed when we selected yet another defensemen with the first round pick. I am guessing there just wasn't any quality centers or forwards left that would make an impact with that high of a pick.

I see we grabbed another project of a goalie too. Could be okay along with McGann in 3-4 years.
All I know is that our first round pick, Vishnevsky, is all about the offense according to the Hockey News draft preview magazine. He needs to work on his defense according to the scouts that were interviewed.

Maybe that Max Warn out of Finland will be another gem from that country that the Stars always seem to find.

What I read on Aaron Snow is that he is a feisty forward who has the potential to score. He is another BJ Crombeen if you ask me.

Richard Bachman will be another project goalie. Let him play and hope he develops. I couldn't find anything on him.

David McIntyre I found nothing on but he is a forward so who knows. If he is an offensive forward, that be great.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Quiksilver

Send a message via MSN to Quiksilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman
David McIntyre I found nothing on but he is a forward so who knows. If he is an offensive forward, that be great.

McIntyre played for Newmarket in the OPJHL (Jr.A in Ontario) and recorded 42 goals 50 assists for 92 points in 46 games. He also added 143 PIMS.

Newmarket Hurricanes website:

http://www.newmarkethurricanes.com/

Quiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote