HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

A fun Pronger question...

Old
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
A fun Pronger question...

This is strictly a "what-if" type thing.

When asked if the Preds could have interest in Chris Pronger, David Poile responded,

"Who WOULDN'T want Chris Pronger?"

at 4 years remaining on a 6.25 million dollar contract(a steal, IMO) I think the value is there. That said...what would you propose to Edmonton?

Scott Hartnell
Ryan Suter OR Kimmo Timonen
a 2nd

would be my initial offer...and that's a big statement, considering how much I love Hartnell. What would you offer K-Lowe for the services of arguably the league's top defenseman and perhaps a top 5 player in the league?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 03:03 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I have no idea what I would give up, but it would be substantial. My only concern is to find a way to acquire him AND solve our center woes. His money, while a distinct bargain for what he provides, hurts us more than a lot of teams. That R6.75 million to Toronto is actually around $8.25 million to us because we are working under a self-imposed cap of $36 million while Toronto plays with a cap of $44 million (22% more). That means that Prongers cap hit is 22% more for our team than he is for a lot of the bidders in this situation.

The move to acquire Pronger almost has to occur with the thought that we are going to move towards a $40+ million payroll because it's nonsensical without it. If Leipold agrees to a $40 payroll, Pronger can be acquired with room to add where needed. If that's the case, there isn't much I wouldn't give up. I'd basically tell them to name 5-7 players that really interest them and see if we can't work a deal around that. There are players that I would like to keep (Weber, Radulov, Hamhuis), but being realistic here, there's no one that would be untouchable if Pronger were available with the possible exception of Vokoun.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 03:10 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I have no idea what I would give up, but it would be substantial. My only concern is to find a way to acquire him AND solve our center woes. His money, while a distinct bargain for what he provides, hurts us more than a lot of teams. That R6.75 million to Toronto is actually around $8.25 million to us because we are working under a self-imposed cap of $36 million while Toronto plays with a cap of $44 million (22% more). That means that Prongers cap hit is 22% more for our team than he is for a lot of the bidders in this situation.

The move to acquire Pronger almost has to occur with the thought that we are going to move towards a $40+ million payroll because it's nonsensical without it. If Leipold agrees to a $40 payroll, Pronger can be acquired with room to add where needed. If that's the case, there isn't much I wouldn't give up. I'd basically tell them to name 5-7 players that really interest them and see if we can't work a deal around that. There are players that I would like to keep (Weber, Radulov, Hamhuis), but being realistic here, there's no one that would be untouchable if Pronger were available with the possible exception of Vokoun.
Good post, I agree. It'd be nice if they chose the immediate help in Timonen from my proposal...or even a guy like Zids...which when combined with Hartnell's 2 million or so, would end up netting only about a 1.5-2 million dollar increase, and still leave us enough room to add a center.

Old
06-26-2006, 03:17 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Good post, I agree. It'd be nice if they chose the immediate help in Timonen from my proposal...or even a guy like Zids...which when combined with Hartnell's 2 million or so, would end up netting only about a 1.5-2 million dollar increase, and still leave us enough room to add a center.
Yes, but Hartnell's space could be replaced by a guy like Radulov, who'll make close to a million. So it won't be $2 mil gain in payroll space, more like a $1.0 to $1.1 million gain.

The Timonen loss, however, is a wash as Pronger could step right in and take his spot.

I just think that if you make the move to acquire Pronger and his large salary, you have to show an all-out commitment to winning and increase payroll. Pronger made Edmonton 8 figures last year that they might never have gotten had he not shut down Detroits most potent threats. He can make that for Nashville too.

Old
06-26-2006, 03:27 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Sure would like to see a top 6 of Pronger-Hamhuis-Weber-Suter-Zidlicky-Klein

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 03:39 PM
handtrick

Quote:

I agree with everything here.

The only thing I would add, is that I would like to more about the circustances of him leaving Edmonton as to make sure that a similair fate wouldn't happen if he were to come to Nashville. Granted, happiness in a place is never assured until you get there and spend time, but certain things would be red flags, and I wouldn't want to risk practically dismantling our team, potentially, to acquire him unless HE thought that Nashville would be a good fit for him.

And Nomore....I think the value of your proposal is pretty close...and certainly addresses some major needs for EDM, but somebody is certainly going to overpay for him with what he brought in the playoffs and practically all year.
I hope that overpayment won't be us....and with Poile's track record, we can rest assured that it won't happen.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 03:59 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
I agree with everything here.

The only thing I would add, is that I would like to more about the circustances of him leaving Edmonton as to make sure that a similair fate wouldn't happen if he were to come to Nashville. Granted, happiness in a place is never assured until you get there and spend time, but certain things would be red flags, and I wouldn't want to risk practically dismantling our team, potentially, to acquire him unless HE thought that Nashville would be a good fit for him.

And Nomore....I think the value of your proposal is pretty close...and certainly addresses some major needs for EDM, but somebody is certainly going to overpay for him with what he brought in the playoffs and practically all year.
I hope that overpayment won't be us....and with Poile's track record, we can rest assured that it won't happen.
I, too, would be curious as to why he wants out. But I would imagine that if he finds his way here in a trade, it's because he considered Nashville as a place he'd like to play. He does have an NTC, right?

And I don't think a dismantling needs to occur. We have enough prospect depth to send Hartnell, Suter AND Timonen, and a 2nd and not really miss too much. Hartnell will be sorely missed, but where was he when it all counted? Timonen didn't have his best year, but he's a really good player. Still, Pronger is an upgrade to Timonen in so many ways. Suter, as we've all come to realize, is quite expendable considering our depth at defense. And that 2nd round pick (I'd be willing to make it a first) is not exactly necessary. Radulov can replace Hartnell. Pronger can replace Timonen. And Klein can replace Suter. The cupboard won't be as stout as in years past, but it would be more than adequate. And our franchise would be an attractive market for a potential top 6 center.

Kariya - XXX - Sullivan
Erat - Legwand/Upshall - Radulov
Walker - Upshall/Legwand - Tootoo
Hordichuk - Smithson - Fiddler/Nichol

Pronger - Hamhuis
Weber - Zidlicky
Klein - XXX

Zanon

Vokoun
XXX

I'd estimate that it would take around $5 million to round out that roster. $3.5-4 for the center and $.75 to both the 6th defenseman and the backup goalie. It ain't going to happen, but that roster would look solid for the next few years as none of the key guys are going anywhere with the possible exception of Kariya.

Old
06-26-2006, 04:49 PM
SpikefromDusseldorf

How about Hamhuis, Hartnell and an 07 1sr round pick for Pronger

Quote:
I, too, would be curious as to why he wants out. But I would imagine that if he finds his way here in a trade, it's because he considered Nashville as a place he'd like to play. He does have an NTC, right?

And I don't think a dismantling needs to occur. We have enough prospect depth to send Hartnell, Suter AND Timonen, and a 2nd and not really miss too much. Hartnell will be sorely missed, but where was he when it all counted? Timonen didn't have his best year, but he's a really good player. Still, Pronger is an upgrade to Timonen in so many ways. Suter, as we've all come to realize, is quite expendable considering our depth at defense. And that 2nd round pick (I'd be willing to make it a first) is not exactly necessary. Radulov can replace Hartnell. Pronger can replace Timonen. And Klein can replace Suter. The cupboard won't be as stout as in years past, but it would be more than adequate. And our franchise would be an attractive market for a potential top 6 center.

Kariya - XXX - Sullivan
Erat - Legwand/Upshall - Radulov
Walker - Upshall/Legwand - Tootoo
Hordichuk - Smithson - Fiddler/Nichol

Pronger - Hamhuis
Weber - Zidlicky
Klein - XXX

Zanon

Vokoun
XXX

I'd estimate that it would take around $5 million to round out that roster. $3.5-4 for the center and $.75 to both the 6th defenseman and the backup goalie. It ain't going to happen, but that roster would look solid for the next few years as none of the key guys are going anywhere with the possible exception of Kariya.
I think that the Oilers would want different players than Timonen, Suter and Hartnell. I think that if the Preds got Pronger they could win it ALL

SpikefromDusseldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 05:01 PM
handtrick

Quote:
He does have an NTC, right?
You are correct, he has no NTC.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 05:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikefromDusseldorf
I think that the Oilers would want different players than Timonen, Suter and Hartnell. I think that if the Preds got Pronger they could win it ALL

If you're asking for Hamhuis, then there's no reason to be asking for a first round pick, too. The Oilers apparently asked for Kaberle and Steen...and Hamhuis and Hartnell is miles beyond that offer.

Old
06-26-2006, 05:45 PM
braindead

According to the CBJ announcer (Ron Rimmer's brother?) on XM (he says it is a fact not rumor) Pronger has given his agent a list of 5 teams that he would play for. This guy knows Pronger and his agent and was adamant that it was fact. Take it for what it is worth but I'm guessing Nashville isn't on the list.

If it was, I tend to say I wouldn't do that deal. No great rationale other than I think there are safer alternatives for the Preds to contend for a Cup.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead
According to the CBJ announcer (Ron Rimmer's brother?) on XM (he says it is a fact not rumor) Pronger has given his agent a list of 5 teams that he would play for. This guy knows Pronger and his agent and was adamant that it was fact. Take it for what it is worth but I'm guessing Nashville isn't on the list.

If it was, I tend to say I wouldn't do that deal. No great rationale other than I think there are safer alternatives for the Preds to contend for a Cup.

i think you'd be surprised. if there is any truth to pronger's request being linked to his wife's need to be closer to home for whatever reason, Nashville is in the area...and would provide him a contender to go to, rather than back to the Blues.

Old
06-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Quote:

Too bad for him, Pronger doesn't have an NTC, so he has no say. He should stop being so picky...let's hope he likes country music, I think he'd be a good fit in Nashville.

Maybe something revolving around Suter? We'd probably like a blue-chip defensive prospect back.

Fayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 07:19 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extinguisher
Too bad for him, Pronger doesn't have an NTC, so he has no say. He should stop being so picky...let's hope he likes country music, I think he'd be a good fit in Nashville.

Maybe something revolving around Suter? We'd probably like a blue-chip defensive prospect back.

How about the original offer of Suter, Hartnell and Timonen? It gives you a ready-made replacement on the PP with Timonen to QB...and a bluechip guy to build around for the future in Suter. Hartnell is coming off a career year in goals, and with more icetime could do even more.

Old
06-26-2006, 07:38 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
How about the original offer of Suter, Hartnell and Timonen? It gives you a ready-made replacement on the PP with Timonen to QB...and a bluechip guy to build around for the future in Suter. Hartnell is coming off a career year in goals, and with more icetime could do even more.
I think Nashville is one of the more interesting teams that the Oilers could send Pronger too, especially based on some of the prospect depth that Nashville has.

That said, I'm not overly familiar with Nashville (I blame all the blackouts every time the Oilers play Nashville.. ).

So, a few simple questions..

Is Sullivan touchable in a deal that already involves Suter?

What is Hartnell's potential? I know when he was drafted he was considered to be 1st line; I don't think that can happen any more?

How high is Ryan Suter's potential?

Are Upshall or Radulov available, and what are their respective upsides?

Thanks.

I think most Oiler fans would be content with a deal that either saw them get:

1) An impact ES forward, ala Gagne and a guy with the capability to become an impact player, ala Carter, Pitkanen

2) Two prospect/young NHL'ers with huge upside ala Carter, Pitkanen

Roughly, I feel that's what Chris Pronger is worth and what I'm hoping for in a trade. Obviously if that happens is a completely different story.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm still hoping Bobby Clarke feels like making a deal for Pronger

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 07:54 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO
I think Nashville is one of the more interesting teams that the Oilers could send Pronger too, especially based on some of the prospect depth that Nashville has.

That said, I'm not overly familiar with Nashville (I blame all the blackouts every time the Oilers play Nashville.. ).

So, a few simple questions..

Is Sullivan touchable in a deal that already involves Suter?

What is Hartnell's potential? I know when he was drafted he was considered to be 1st line; I don't think that can happen any more?

How high is Ryan Suter's potential?

Are Upshall or Radulov available, and what are their respective upsides?

Thanks.

I think most Oiler fans would be content with a deal that either saw them get:

1) An impact ES forward, ala Gagne and a guy with the capability to become an impact player, ala Carter, Pitkanen

2) Two prospect/young NHL'ers with huge upside ala Carter, Pitkanen

Roughly, I feel that's what Chris Pronger is worth and what I'm hoping for in a trade. Obviously if that happens is a completely different story.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm still hoping Bobby Clarke feels like making a deal for Pronger
1. Sullivan is pretty much untouchable simply because with Greg Johnson officially gone, it's concensus belief that Sully is likely the next captain of the team. In many ways, it already was "his" team, and I don't think we can afford to trade Sullivan(or Vokoun) and still hope to contend. He's simply too valuable to us on and off the ice.

2. Hartnell's potential is, in my opinion, a Shane Doan type player. He's got skills, we've seen that. He hit 25 goals this year in limited icetime. His only knocks are that he needs to learn to bite down a little harder and grow up when something irks him. He got himself into Trotz's doghouse this past season by taking some foolish retaliation penalties. Some fans are more concerned by that than others, and I personally think it's just a symptom of being a hotheaded kid, and I think that he'll outgrow that in time and turn into the gritty leader\scorer that he was drafted to be. He saw time in all situations this year, and I think the one element he's still leaving to be desired is that he needs to use his size a bit more, but who knows...perhaps he was just afraid to draw a penalty.

3. Ryan Suter has a good deal of potential. He's often overlooked in the fine crop of rookie NHL defensemen, but you could see flashes of brilliance this passed season. He stumbled a bit here and there...but so did Phaneuf and Meszaros. In the end, I think he'll be the best technical defenseman of anyone we have...a guy who can play any role and do anything well. Score, hit, shut down. The thing is that we already have Hamhuis who plays a very similar game...not to mention Klein and Parent, who both play similar games as well. He's expendable in that regard, and would make a great building block with Matt Greene. In fact, I think they were paired together at times on the USNTDP.

4. Radulov...ehhh...we'd be REALLY reluctant to deal him, as he's the only true sniper we have in the fold or even in the team. It'd be one of those things where if you asked for Radulov...there may not be a whole lot of other things coming along with him. Upside...I've seen him compared most often to Alexei Kovalev. Slick skater, slick moves, great hockey sense...but with surprising willingness to get his nose dirty. Upshall might be a little more available. He gained a lot of fans in Nashville this passed season with his gritty play and terrific speed\effort. A lot of people that haven't seen him in a while consider him a disappointment or a third line potential guy, but those that watched him play last year saw how far he's come. I see him as...at best...a Ryan Smyth type player...but more likely a Darcy Tucker type--good for 25 goals and will annoy the hell out of opponents.

Hope that helps.

Old
06-26-2006, 08:07 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
A pretty reasonable offer, I'd be a bit concerned about lack of size on the back end though with Bergeron, Timonen, and Suter (Staios gets man-handled on occasion too). I think it might make sense to sub in something else for Timonen. Also how does Suter look on the PP? Do you think he can hold down a job on the 2nd PP? and How much weight has Suter put on since going pro?

FacelessButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 08:16 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
2. Hartnell's potential is, in my opinion, a Shane Doan type player. He's got skills, we've seen that. He hit 25 goals this year in limited icetime. His only knocks are that he needs to learn to bite down a little harder and grow up when something irks him. He got himself into Trotz's doghouse this past season by taking some foolish retaliation penalties. Some fans are more concerned by that than others, and I personally think it's just a symptom of being a hotheaded kid, and I think that he'll outgrow that in time and turn into the gritty leader\scorer that he was drafted to be. He saw time in all situations this year, and I think the one element he's still leaving to be desired is that he needs to use his size a bit more, but who knows...perhaps he was just afraid to draw a penalty.
I think Hartnell's potential exceeds that of the current Doan. Hartnell outscored Doan at both even strength and shorthanded. Where Doan seperates himself, pointswise, is on the powerplay. Doan sees first line power play time and netted over double the power play points as Hartnell. Give Hartnell similar ice time and he's putting up similar numbers to Doan.

My point is that Hartnell's upside isn't a Shane Doan. His upside is the same as Shane Doan's - A 35 goal, 35 assist guy who plays a power game. Neither has yet to acheive that potential though Doan, who is almost 6 years older at the age of 29, is looking more and more like he's peaked. Hartnell still has the potential to be that 35/35/70 guy. In fact, if he was given consistent ice time on the #1 power play and in the top 6, he'd have it.

Hartnell's problem is the same as Erat's and several of the Preds wingers. It's hard to acheive anything special when you have no quality center. Not only that, it's not consistent. Our center position is like a bad game of musical chairs. Some days it's Legwand on the second line. Other games it's Sillinger or Perreault. And every once in a while it's Fiddler. Give Hartnell a solid center next year (be it Legwand, Upshall, UFA, etc.), he'll get 60-65 points easily

Old
06-26-2006, 08:26 PM
braindead

Quote:

What am I missing here? Is he correct or is there no NTC?

Just out of curiousity, what type of center do you think you could garner with the same Hartnell, Suter and a 2nd package?

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 08:30 PM
millax

Quote:
Quote:

Just out of curiousity, what type of center do you think you could garner with the same Hartnell, Suter and a 2nd package?
Pronger does NOT have a no trade clause.

millax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 08:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Quote:

He does NOT have a NTC.

We could likely acquire a pretty darn good center with that package...but I don't think there's a single center in the league that holds the value that Pronger does, or would bring to our team what Pronger could. I don't think that our biggest weakness was at center last year, as most believe. Lack of a quality center isn't what got us dominated in the playoffs(nor was it really Vokoun being out.) Our biggest weakness last year was that we didn't have ONE defenseman that could log 35 minutes a night in any situation and be counted on to get it done. Hamhuis was the closest we came, but he's still young and his size didn't match up well against the Thorntons, Marleaus, Bertuzzis, etc. We always talk about how trades don't favor us because they won't get us any closer to the cup. We talked about it last year when we were rumored to be after Jokinen or Richards. Pronger is one of the very few true "game breakers" in the league. All you had to do was watch the playoffs this year to see that. He's the type of defenseman that can take a game over and win it for you in either end of the ice, and for that reason...I wouldn't mind giving up such a huge package to get it. I'm usually the most impetuous of the regulars around here...and Smokey\Trig are a little more rational...but the fact that all three of us are salivating over the prospect should tell you something.

Old
06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Pronger is one of the very few true "game breakers" in the league. All you had to do was watch the playoffs this year to see that. He's the type of defenseman that can take a game over and win it for you in either end of the ice, and for that reason.
This is what makes me so excited about Pronger. He's one of only a handful of defensemen that you can put up against a line and never have to worry about that line the rest of the night. And he's one of only two, Chara being the other, that will not only stifle a line, but physically dominate it. Players like Lidstrom and Neidermeyer can shut down lines, but they won't break their wills. Pronger can do that. Some of his work in the playoffs not only shut down the line, it changed the series going forward. He brought out a lot of quit in several San Jose forwards in that series.

When Trotz said that bringing in Witt pushed everyone back into their more natural fits, he was right and wrong. It put everyone else in better position, but Witt was not in a position that fit him. Pronger is the guy Trotz was describing when he talked about Witt. And the acquisition of Pronger gives us only one need: Center. I'd love to enter free agency with a Stanley Cup contending team that might be one center away from a favorite.

Old
06-26-2006, 09:50 PM
AL-Canadian

[QUOTE=nomorekids]This is strictly a "what-if" type thing.

When asked if the Preds could have interest in Chris Pronger, David Poile responded,

"Who WOULDN'T want Chris Pronger?"

at 4 years remaining on a 6.25 million dollar contract(a steal, IMO) I think the value is there. That said...what would you propose to Edmonton?

Scott Hartnell
Ryan Suter OR Kimmo Timonen
a 2nd

/QUOTE]

I was waiting for someone to start a Pronger to the Preds thread. I really like the idea of the Preds picking up Pronger for a combination of Suter (redundant quality Dman on the Preds), Hartnell or Upshall (which ever type forward the Oilers would want here) and Timonen. Nashville has younger and cheaper players ready to step in to replace these players (Klein for Suter; Radulov for Hartnell/Upshall; and resign Markov or Witt for less than Timonen's salary). Pronger as others have said is a monster minute muncher but he also would be a wonderful mentor on positioning, using the body, clearing the zone for Hamhuis, Weber and later on Parent.

After this type of trade goes down, a center like Jason Arnott might be more inclined to hang his hat here in Nashville as they truly would have a top flight goalie, blueline and scoring wingers to make a 'real' (as opposed to a hoped for) run at the Stanley Cup for the next couple of seasons.

AL-Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 01:14 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
I think Nashville is probably one of the few teams that could afford him, and has the necessary assets to aquire him.

First of all, I think the original offer is close to what Edmonton fans should expect Pronger to bring in.

Suter IMO would be the centerpiece in any deal for Pronger, and I was very impressed with the few games I saw him play in (more specifically, the way he was able to handle players that he gave up a fair amount of size to). Normally, I watch a lot of Predators games, but this year, I didn't have CI, so I only caught the EDM/NSH games.

Hartnell is exactly the type of player I think the Oilers need more of. Torres is a similar player, but other than that, their top 6 forwards aren't all that big or physical. My only problem with this is Edmonton is fairly deep at LW, and although some sources have Hartnell listed as a RW, I've never seen him play there (maybe someone could straighten this out for me). LW or RW, I'd still take him. I mean, having Moreau on the 4th line and Torres/Hartnell on the 3rd isn't exactly a bad thing. He's not really a 1st line player though, and I don't really see him ever becoming one. Still quite valuable none the less.

I've always considered Timonen one of the league's most underrated defencemen in the league, but with Bergeron there, and the loss of Pronger, I would worry about having a size issue on defence. I think Lowe would elect for a 1st round pick in stead

I can't really see Radulov being part of the equation though from either side. Nashville would understandably be reluctant to give up their scoring sensation, and the Oilers wouldn't really have a place for him with Hemsky in the lineup, and Schremp on the way. Not to say that Radulov isn't valuable, but you can't really have too many of these types of players in your lineup IMO without hurting your overall team (look at the Pens this year).

All in all, I think the original deal is very close, but I'd probably expect to give up a 1st round pick rather than the 2nd at least. It's too bad that all you'd get in return is arguably the best defenceman in the world.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Cerebral

A package of Timonen, Suter and Hartnell would make a heck of a lot of sense for Edmonton. It works financially and it gives the Oilers a solid top 4 guy in Timonen (who is extremely underrated in my view), a potential top pairing guy in Suter and an emerging power forward who could score 30 goals next season in Hartnell.

One big question: Hartnell is listed as a right winger/left winger but I'm pretty sure I've only seen him play left wing. Can he play right wing? Likewise, how long is Timonen currently signed for? He's obviously a UFA at the end of this contract so the length of time left could have an impact on any potential deal.

Making a deal with Nashville would hurt quite a bit as they're in the Western Conference but the Predators are my 2nd favorite team and Pronger would leave you guys with a ridiculous top 4.

Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote