HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Back to back two point games for Rita

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Back to back two point games for Rita

JR got two assists tonight in Cleveland and was a +3 although the Rr's lost 4-3.

His timing isn't good though, as is always the case with JR, because Salmo and Sarno have earned an extended look up here and BG and Chimmer should return to the lineup soon.

JR will be a very good nhl'er somewhere, I really doubt that it will be here though.

Old
11-07-2003, 05:05 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
JR got two assists tonight in Cleveland and was a +3 although the Rr's lost 4-3.

His timing isn't good though, as is always the case with JR, because Salmo and Sarno have earned an extended look up here and BG and Chimmer should return to the lineup soon.

JR will be a very good nhl'er somewhere, I really doubt that it will be here though.

I just wish he was given a 30 game trial on either the 3rd or 4th lines..
I Know he would stick...........

Old
11-07-2003, 05:08 PM
copperaddict

Hopefully he'll force Lowe's hand and make room for him.He's never been given a fair chance here and if he had half the chances that Cleary and now Horcoff have had he would already be another rising star for the Oil.I don't mind Pisani but is anyone really expecting him to get better? If Rita was a centerman he would probably have a regular shift already.He has the size,the instincts that cannot be taught of a goal scorer.I want to see a line "the flying finns" in a couple of years that consists of Rita,Salmelainen and Niinimaki.

Old
11-07-2003, 05:15 PM
dukeforrest

Send a message via Yahoo to dukeforrest
theahl.com says the Roadrunners won the game in O.T., 5-4. Apparently the Roadrunners scored with one second left in the third.

Somebody jumped the gun...

Old
11-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeforrest
theahl.com says the Roadrunners won the game in O.T., 5-4. Apparently the Roadrunners scored with one second left in the third.

Somebody jumped the gun...
BUSTED!

When I checked the score it said that it was 4-3 with 0:01 left in the 3rd so I assumed (incorrectly) that it was over. I guess they meant 4-4 with one second left? Dunno why they'd update the time left without updating the score, it would be interesting to find out how that went down.

Just checking the boxscore, aparently JR had 9 shots. That's some kind of game.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:31 PM
copperaddict

Let him play tomorrow night on the left wing with Smyth and Hemsky.I'd really like to see how that line would do if Rita would be shooting everytime he got a nice pass.Just what Hemsky needs!

Old
11-07-2003, 06:48 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
I don't think it is any coincidence that after he gets a good swift kick in the butt (2 callups, none of them him), and he starts to perform.

He had a terrible start to the season, and he started to turn it around against the baby leafs. Hopefully he keeps it up, because if he does he will get a shot at the big leagues.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:43 AM
GorillazXL

This thread adds to my fustration... I totally agree that Rita deserves a chance with the Oil, after saying this the likely hood of MacT letting him into the lineup is zilch. If he does get in he'll be on a line with Chimera and Horcoff, or Laraque and Cory Cross at centre??? That is MacT always seems to put this guy with players who are struggling, after one game where he gets to play with a regular NHLer and does well. he gets rewarded by playing being placed on a line with a player struggling or a player bidding for a position. Examples that come to mind is the preseason when he was playing well with Reasoner and creating opportunities, he gets lined up with Sarno (nothing against Sarno), what ever happen to sticking with a centre he seemed to have some chemistry with (Reasoner)?

GXL

Old
11-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
This thread adds to my fustration... I totally agree that Rita deserves a chance with the Oil, after saying this the likely hood of MacT letting him into the lineup is zilch. If he does get in he'll be on a line with Chimera and Horcoff, or Laraque and Cory Cross at centre??? That is MacT always seems to put this guy with players who are struggling, after one game where he gets to play with a regular NHLer and does well. he gets rewarded by playing being placed on a line with a player struggling or a player bidding for a position. Examples that come to mind is the preseason when he was playing well with Reasoner and creating opportunities, he gets lined up with Sarno (nothing against Sarno), what ever happen to sticking with a centre he seemed to have some chemistry with (Reasoner)?

GXL
I get mad when I hear MacT use the word chemistry now, I really don't think he has a clue what it means.

"These guys are scoring more than their share of goals, other players are getting jealous. That's very bad for team chemistry".

Back to JR, the Rr's lost 4-0 in their last game but Jani had 6 shots on net and was an even +/-.

Old
11-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Ive always ben a fan of JR, and I even thought that he was at a higher skill level like Ales Hemsky at one point. I hope that he gets a call up soon, same with Jamie Wright. Rita should get a shot at the rotating door that is our top line RW. doesnt Staois play wing, we should put him on Hemskys other side and let him shoot the puck.

Old
11-09-2003, 10:05 AM
zamboni

Considering Staios is our best defenseman...I'm going to have to say no to that idea.

Closed Thread