HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beating a Dead horse into Oblivion (Comrie for Gomez+)

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 05:54 PM
windowlicker

vCash: 500
Beating a Dead horse into Oblivion (Comrie for Gomez+)

Watching the Leafs/Devils game tonite, im starting to have a feeling someone like Scott Gomez will be the best possible return in an MC deal.

Were talking about a 24 year old center whos never cracked the 20 goal mark, yet has 243 points in 345 games playing for the defence-first Devils. It means hes a passer, he makes people around him better. When looking at Comries play, it looked like the only player he helped on the ice was himself (his goal to assist ratio speaks of that). So while Comrie is better than Gomez, I think Gomez would complement Smyth and Hemsky better than Comrie ever could.

All this talk of Prospects in return.... Coburn will be good, but not this season, or the next. Stefan will never live up to the hype. and some of these other 5+ player deals proposed... were getting 3 average players or promising prospects for 1 proven talent. (Seriously, the only 2 border line-available prospects I would consider trading Comrie for would be Pitkanen, which wont happen, and Ruutu, which will also not happen)

Reading Comries comments in the Journal today shows me that the second Game 6 was over last year, he knew he was not coming back.
He does not want to play for Edmonton again. He does not want to play for Mact, and does not want to play under Kevin Lowe. He wants out now. He is never going to play for Edmonton again.

I dont think Gomez+ would be such a bad return (that is if Lowe can get Lou to believe Comrie can play in NJ.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Oi'll say!

While I'm not really interested in having Gomez as a #1 center here I relish the thought of seeing MC in the Devils' org just to see whether or not he is capable of stopping people from running rampant in his defensive zone.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:20 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
As Devils fans will tell you LL doesn't put up with these type of holdouts nor do the Devils trade for players that havea history of holding out. Players that go there know they're going to in some cases take under market value and play in a defensive system that is going to give you a chance to win the SC... I don't see Mike Comrie going to NJ unless they plan on flipping him back to the Western Conference for a better return.

Old
11-07-2003, 11:16 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
As Devils fans will tell you LL doesn't put up with these type of holdouts nor do the Devils trade for players that havea history of holding out. Players that go there know they're going to in some cases take under market value and play in a defensive system that is going to give you a chance to win the SC... I don't see Mike Comrie going to NJ unless they plan on flipping him back to the Western Conference for a better return.
Lou has already openly said he has no interest the services of Mike Comrie.

Closed Thread