HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC in december

Old
06-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Maithz

vCash:
WJC in december

we already have Latendresse and Price who will possibly makes the team but do you think Fischer , Maxwell and White will have a try out , considering that they were ranked in 1st round

Old
06-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Talent Analyst

vCash: 500
Will be very nice if Fischer will be at the WJC .. I think that no one there see him play and its will be a good test to know if he's very good at a high level

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Maithz

vCash:
I think Ryan White can do the Canada team , he has grit and heart , maybe he could centered the 4th line spot

Old
06-26-2006, 10:15 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Kostitsyn is going to play for Belarus and probably that Yemelin at 20 will still play for Russia

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Form and Substance

Yemelin is not eligible. Latendresse is far far far from a lock. Price has more of a shot. Tyler Plante and Jonathan Bernier may have a few things to say about that though.White seems like he has a good shot,but I feel this WJC will be overloaded with 87s.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 10:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
Yemelin is not eligible. Latendresse is far far far from a lock. Price has more of a shot. Tyler Plante and Jonathan Bernier may have a few things to say about that though.White seems like he has a good shot,but I feel this WJC will be overloaded with 87s.

Plante will need a big season since he's not invited to the summer camp. I hope Price is the starter, from everything I've heard so far he's the very early frontrunner but that means nothing at this point. He's got to play well. I expect both Price and Lats to be on the team.

I dont' think White or Maxwell will be there unless they have big seasons since they also aren't at the summer camp. I'd be happy just to see them invited to the final camp just before the tournament, of course it would be great if one or both could make the team but I don't expect them to do so at this point. I don't see Carle making the team either, although a big year from him would help, he looked fine at the remax games and he clearly can put points on the board, generate offese.

Fischer will have his work cut out for him. USA has 16 defensemen invited to their summer camp in august, and he doesn't have the international experience many of the others have from the U-18's. I don't think Fischer has any international experience, he did play at the select 17's (6-0-2-2 4 pims) but that's for USA players only. I know Cepek also played at the select 17's (6-0-1-1 24 pims).

As for others at the WJC's. Kostitsyn and Mikus will be there I'd assume. The only other player that would have a shot is Valentenko.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Hopefully White and Maxwell will get a chance for the 2008 team, anyway. Canada seems to have a pretty good set of players already returning for 2007, and lots of others who will jump ahead in the line to join them (Little, Staal, Brassard, etc), so it will be almost impossible to crack this year's team. Barring miraculous seasons, of course. But I would like to think they'll get a look at next year's evaluation camp, and then perhaps be in for the 2008 tourney in their final junior seasons.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 11:54 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
Latendresse far from a lock? He is a returnee and it is REALLY rare that returnees doesn't make the team. Plus, last year he had no fair shot at showing what he could do. Plus, experience is a very big part of those short tournament, so it would be a MAJOR surprise if Latendresse was to be left out.

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 12:00 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Plante will need a big season since he's not invited to the summer camp. I hope Price is the starter, from everything I've heard so far he's the very early frontrunner but that means nothing at this point. He's got to play well. I expect both Price and Lats to be on the team.

I dont' think White or Maxwell will be there unless they have big seasons since they also aren't at the summer camp. I'd be happy just to see them invited to the final camp just before the tournament, of course it would be great if one or both could make the team but I don't expect them to do so at this point. I don't see Carle making the team either, although a big year from him would help, he looked fine at the remax games and he clearly can put points on the board, generate offese.

Fischer will have his work cut out for him. USA has 16 defensemen invited to their summer camp in august, and he doesn't have the international experience many of the others have from the U-18's. I don't think Fischer has any international experience, he did play at the select 17's (6-0-2-2 4 pims) but that's for USA players only. I know Cepek also played at the select 17's (6-0-1-1 24 pims).

As for others at the WJC's. Kostitsyn and Mikus will be there I'd assume. The only other player that would have a shot is Valentenko.
It would be too bad if Maxwell didnt make it as he has the skillset suited to international competition.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Latendresse far from a lock? He is a returnee and it is REALLY rare that returnees doesn't make the team. Plus, last year he had no fair shot at showing what he could do. Plus, experience is a very big part of those short tournament, so it would be a MAJOR surprise if Latendresse was to be left out.
With the way he played last year, can we really consider him part of the team ?

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 04:21 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
With the way he played last year, can we really consider him part of the team ?
He wasn't given a chance! He had one bad shift and got benched for the rest of the tournament. That was total bullsh*t! He is great in big games and he said himself that playing on the bench taught him alot about being a team player. The experience of being a "less" important part of a team helped him alot and I think it is easy to see that Latendresse is one of the 12 best junior forwards in Canada.

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 05:14 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
He wasn't given a chance! He had one bad shift and got benched for the rest of the tournament. That was total bullsh*t! He is great in big games and he said himself that playing on the bench taught him alot about being a team player. The experience of being a "less" important part of a team helped him alot and I think it is easy to see that Latendresse is one of the 12 best junior forwards in Canada.
I'm sorry but he was given a chance. He played the 2 pre tournament games (aired on TSN) and lost his spot with his uninspired play. I really hope he gets his stuff to getter for this year's tournament I want him to get the most experience possible. But dont say he didnt get his chance. He did.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Mr. HoCKeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
Kostitsyn is going to play for Belarus and probably that Yemelin at 20 will still play for Russia
You can't play at the WJC at 20. Under 20...

Mr. HoCKeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. HoCKeY
You can't play at the WJC at 20. Under 20...

I think he means Siarhei

Old
06-27-2006, 06:56 PM
habster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
I think he means Siarhei
I think he's reffering to Yemelin

habster is offline   Reply With Quote