HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

S.kostityn get Gainey's attention

Old
06-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Louis Houde

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
S.kostityn get Gainey's attention

On another note, London GM Mark Hunter will attend the NHL draft in Vancouver today and is expected to meet with Montreal GM Bob Gainey to get a better idea of where high-scoring forward Sergei Kostitsyn will play next year. The Knights have already said they would love to have the 19-year-old Belarus native back in London, but Kostitsyn is Canadiens property and could end up in the team's farm system. Look for London to hold on to Kostitsyn's rights as long as possible.

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Traitor8

where u found this?

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
where u found this?
http://www.kostitsyn.cjb.net/

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 10:54 PM
SOLR

Ive red that, dont know where, something like the Knights website? Pierre?

edit: ahhh thats where, the kost website

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Form and Substance

I think another year in the OHL will do him good. He will be top dog there for sure. And who knows, he might pull off a Radulov.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 11:20 PM
deandebean

Wow!c Junior suspects have their own web site. And pretty active too! Man, talk about hype.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 05:38 AM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

did you mean suspects or prospects?

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
I think another year in the OHL will do him good. He will be top dog there for sure. And who knows, he might pull off a Radulov.
Don't forget, he won't have Shremp and Hunter playing with him next year. So he'll be very lucky to come close to his points total from last year.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

I'm sure he really meant suspect, he's just a sour troll

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierredagenais
On another note, London GM Mark Hunter will attend the NHL draft in Vancouver today and is expected to meet with Montreal GM Bob Gainey to get a better idea of where high-scoring forward Sergei Kostitsyn will play next year. The Knights have already said they would love to have the 19-year-old Belarus native back in London, but Kostitsyn is Canadiens property and could end up in the team's farm system. Look for London to hold on to Kostitsyn's rights as long as possible.
Hmmm.. can be great to see him with hamilton now .. But a year in London can be benefite .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
Don't forget, he won't have Shremp and Hunter playing with him next year. So he'll be very lucky to come close to his points total from last year.
His points total would probably goes up because he would have more playing time and he would most likely be the go to guy in London. That's the reason that I would keep him in the OHL for one more year. Anyways, it's not like he will push for a spot in the next two years...we don't have to rush a prospect like him.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I think it's almost essential to leave him in London. Hunter pulls no punches in letting his star players get tons of opportunity and ice, and with the graduations of Bolland, Schremp, and Dylan Hunter, Kostitsyn is surely in line to play A LOT. It will be good to see what he can do even strength and without those veteran stars all around him (although the Knights seem to be bringing in some great dynamic younger kids this season too).

The tradeoff I guess is if you think Andrei is going to be back in Hamilton, would it help them both develop to have the brother duo playing together there? But I can only see that being a realistic option if you think Andrei is going to be back in the AHL, which I can't think is more than 50/50 odds right now?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I think it's almost essential to leave him in London. Hunter pulls no punches in letting his star players get tons of opportunity and ice, and with the graduations of Bolland, Schremp, and Dylan Hunter, Kostitsyn is surely in line to play A LOT. It will be good to see what he can do even strength and without those veteran stars all around him (although the Knights seem to be bringing in some great dynamic younger kids this season too).

The tradeoff I guess is if you think Andrei is going to be back in Hamilton, would it help them both develop to have the brother duo playing together there? But I can only see that being a realistic option if you think Andrei is going to be back in the AHL, which I can't think is more than 50/50 odds right now?
Exactly. If Andrei starts the year in Hamilton, and even more if Grabovsky comes over to play there as well, I think having Sergei join them might be a good move.

But as of today, chances are pretty good that Andrei will make the big club out of camp. And Grabo has not yet officially signed to come over to N.A., not to mention that another year in London without all the top prospects surrounding him couldn't hurt, so back to the CHL is certainly a decent option as well.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how S. Kots does next year.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:03 PM
kostitsyn1489

I think we'll know that at the training camp. It'll depend on his performance and I hope to see a line with SK Grabovski and AK in pre-season time! It could be awesome!

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I think another season in the OHL as the go to guy might be the best thing for him but the AHL with is brother would also be pretty good.

Habsfan 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
His points total would probably goes up because he would have more playing time and he would most likely be the go to guy in London. That's the reason that I would keep him in the OHL for one more year. Anyways, it's not like he will push for a spot in the next two years...we don't have to rush a prospect like him.
I'm a little afraid that unfortunately his points total will go down due to the lack of support he'll get next year. Sure London won't be a bad team but you won't find star players like they had this year. Though there's a possibility he'll play more, though he can't play more on the PP than he played last year, I just hope we won't be down on him if he has less points and then think it had all to do with the guys around him.

So do you build his confidence in a tremendous season by bringing him immediately in the AHL and let him do his progression over there. Or do you let him in the CHL where he'll definately be the important piece of the puzzle next year with no real stars to support him and hope he'll do as good as he did last year? I think both scenarios have their pros and cons, whatever happens, we'll just have to see the good of it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
I'm a little afraid that unfortunately his points total will go down due to the lack of support he'll get next year. Sure London won't be a bad team but you won't find star players like they had this year. Though there's a possibility he'll play more, though he can't play more on the PP than he played last year, I just hope we won't be down on him if he has less points and then think it had all to do with the guys around him.
Well a Knights fan would be perfect in here, but from what I know, the Knight have a good crop of young players who will still be in the team next year so maybe it's not that bad. Sure he will not pull a Shremp kind of season, but IMO, it's really possible for him to at least collect around the same amount of points...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:58 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake

So do you build his confidence in a tremendous season by bringing him immediately in the AHL and let him do his progression over there. Or do you let him in the CHL where he'll definately be the important piece of the puzzle next year with no real stars to support him and hope he'll do as good as he did last year? I think both scenarios have their pros and cons, whatever happens, we'll just have to see the good of it.

well look at it this way...Kovalev was on a line with Ribs and zednick...and he still put up 65 points.

or you can look at it this other way: Ribs was on a line with Kovalev...and he sucked. hard.

I think that if Sergei is the go-to guy, we'll see what he's really made of. Im not that concerned about his point production. what i want to see is if HE makes others around him look better...

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
I think that if Sergei is the go-to guy, we'll see what he's really made of. Im not that concerned about his point production. what i want to see is if HE makes others around him look better...
Good point. That was my main message, I hope people will not start comparing his point production in order to see if he has some kind of progression or not. Points are not the only reference and I believe we will see a guy with a lot more grit, confidence and toughness next year. Making the other guys better around him? Well that's definately a sign for good things to come!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Squeaky

The knights are losing some excellent players, but they're also reloading a little too.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/2...2/1611968.html

Sam Gagner, in particular, is supposed to be a huge addition. He's a center who is supposed to step in and put up numbers like Corey Perry did right away.

The article also says that they hope to get Phil McRae, Pat Kane and Kevin Montgomery to suit up too, which I guess would also be big additions. I don't know a whole lot about any of these players, or the league in general, but it sounds to me like the Knights will still be able to play some talented players with Kostitsyn next season, so I hope he'll be able to put up big numbers again next year.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 03:59 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489
I think we'll know that at the training camp. It'll depend on his performance and I hope to see a line with SK Grabovski and AK in pre-season time! It could be awesome!
It would be great to see that line tear up the AHL.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
The knights are losing some excellent players, but they're also reloading a little too.

Sam Gagner, in particular, is supposed to be a huge addition. He's a center who is supposed to step in and put up numbers like Corey Perry did right away.

The article also says that they hope to get Phil McRae, Pat Kane and Kevin Montgomery to suit up too, which I guess would also be big additions. I don't know a whole lot about any of these players, or the league in general, but it sounds to me like the Knights will still be able to play some talented players with Kostitsyn next season, so I hope he'll be able to put up big numbers again next year.

Sam Gagner is soooo much better than his pops.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Exactly. If Andrei starts the year in Hamilton, and even more if Grabovsky comes over to play there as well, I think having Sergei join them might be a good move.

But as of today, chances are pretty good that Andrei will make the big club out of camp. And Grabo has not yet officially signed to come over to N.A., not to mention that another year in London without all the top prospects surrounding him couldn't hurt, so back to the CHL is certainly a decent option as well.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how S. Kots does next year.

Wow .. imagine a line AK-Grabov-SK

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 06:02 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst
Wow .. imagine a line AK-Grabov-SK

Wouldnt it be incredible to see them develop into a great second line in a year or two.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky

Exactly , the Knights are doing a terrific job as a franchise getting good players and they avoid these dry years a team like Rimouski is doing to get on top again. Gagner is pretty good and Kane might be even better , he had Michigan and Boston college on their knees but he can't go to college because he need some more credit and would have to spend next season in the USHL . Sure these guy will be rookies but it's not like 3rd liners were taking Bolland and co. spots.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote