HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Why BG should keep Bouillon

Old
06-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Ritchy

vCash: 500
Why BG should keep Bouillon

Allright guys, I don't write often, but I read your post almost everyday, and a subject that seem to come around a lot these past few days is the debate about signing/letting go Bouillon.

My personal opinion about it is that there's is no, and I mean absolutly no better option than Bouillon on the UFA market to replace him on the HABS D. I'm tired of reading some post about how small he is... no matter if he'S 5'7 or 6'2, he play like the toughest mofo around. Just look at his stats last year, he ended the year in 9th place for hits among all the NHL defenseman, and that even if he played only 67 games, and most of those games as a 5th/6th D-men over the top. He was the best hitting D-men for the habs last year. I mean, does anybody remember that hit he lay on Forsberg in the pre-season, woah!

Not only is he hitting, but he also block a good nomber of shot, ended up 50th in the nhl among defensemen with 121 blocked shot. Only Rivet did better among the habs D last year with 135 blocked shot, with 15 more games played than Bouillon. If you take a look at the takeaway stats, which are also very important for defenseman, you'll see that Bouillon, once again in that category, ended up pretty high among the d-men of the league, 6th in fact, with 69.

As for the point total, 22 is really not that bad coming from a 6th dmen who's playing with a defense first mentality. He's not having a lot of powerplay time, so I think that 22 point out of 67 games isn't that bad.

But, ahead of stats, the main reason I think BG should try as hard as he can to retain Bouillon as a Habs is that he's one of the very few player who absolutely love to play here and to give everything every shift. Bouillon is to our defense what Begin is to our offense. We only have 2 good hitting D-men in Bouillon and Komi, and even if D. Markov, H. Gill or whoever else we could get via free agency could hit like Bouillon, I think none of the above would put so much heart in the game.

This guy is seriously the complete package, not outsanding anywhere, but good in all aspect of the game, and giving heart and soul every night because he like to play here.

Ritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Ritchy

vCash: 500
Sorry, wrong forum

Delete this thread please

Ritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud