HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

New HF Article: Kings Draft Review

Old
06-28-2006, 07:37 PM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
New HF Article: Kings Draft Review

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php...readed&order=0

06-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Thank you for the read ... all us hockey nuts appreciate your great work ... small question, seems O'Sullivan and the rest were added into our "Organizational Depth Chart" but why not the "Top Prospects" list on the right ? does that only change once a year, after all the full team reviews ? ... though it seemed like Tambellini and Grebeshkov got moved over to the Islanders Team Page shortly after the trade, wouldn't at least O'Sullivan be due to go up on the Kings "Top Prospects" list soon as well ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 08:51 PM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U
Thank you for the read ... all us hockey nuts appreciate your great work ... small question, seems O'Sullivan and the rest were added into our "Organizational Depth Chart" but why not the "Top Prospects" list on the right ? does that only change once a year, after all the full team reviews ? ... though it seemed like Tambellini and Grebeshkov got moved over to the Islanders Team Page shortly after the trade, wouldn't at least O'Sullivan be due to go up on the Kings "Top Prospects" list soon as well ?
Thanx for the kind words.

The Top 20 rankings are done twice per year. Once about August and once about January. When a player is traded, he's moved to his new team's page immediately. But he only goes into the rankings after one of the two yearly rankings.

David A. Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Then wouldn't O'Sullivan still at least be on Minnesota's Team Page as a "Top Prospect" ??? I'm confused he was considered a 'ranked' prospect last year wasn't he ?

Old
06-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
He isn't part off Minn's team why would he be listed on their page?

Old
06-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
He isn't part off Minn's team why would he be listed on their page?
because he's also not listed on OUR {Kings} page ... at least as a "Top Prospect" ... David said the names {Tamb's & Greb's} of Kings prospects got moved to the "Top Prospect" on the Islanders site immediately after they were traded, so why isn't O'Sullivan at the top of our {Kings} "Top Prospect" list like {Tamb's & Greb's} are on the Islanders page ? ... or am I missing something here ? O'Sully will only go up there after the 'August Top 20 re-rankings' are done ?

It's just that I thought I saw {Tamb's & Greb's} go up on the Islanders "Top 20 Prospect" list the day after the trade ... so why wouldn't that be the same for O'Sullivan ???

No big deal, and maybe David or whoever does it is just too busy to get to it, I was just curious is all

Old
06-28-2006, 10:27 PM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
because he's also not listed on OUR {Kings} page ... at least as a "Top Prospect" ... David said the names {Tamb's & Greb's} of Kings prospects got moved to the "Top Prospect" on the Islanders site immediately after they were traded, so why isn't O'Sullivan at the top of our {Kings} "Top Prospect" list like {Tamb's & Greb's} are on the Islanders page ? ... or am I missing something here ? O'Sully will only go up there after the 'August Top 20 re-rankings' are done ?

It's just that I thought I saw {Tamb's & Greb's} go up on the Islanders "Top 20 Prospect" list the day after the trade ... so why wouldn't that be the same for O'Sullivan ???

No big deal, and maybe David or whoever does it is just too busy to get to it, I was just curious is all
You're missing something. I said that they get moved to the new team's page immediately, not their Top 20. Tambs and Grebs happen to be in NYI's Top 20 because they were traded to the Islanders shortly before their Top 20 was re-ranked. Before the re-rank, they were in the Other Notables section.

David A. Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 03:50 AM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Good stuff. Interesting to note that 3 of our 9 picks were on guys who got passed over in 2005- Lewis, Zatkoff, Meckler. Hopefully some of these guys will turn into real keepers.

I'm hoping to see additional young talent start to appear in the system as DL trades away more veteran luggage and really goes full-bore on rebuilding with youth, speed, talent, toughness, etc.

jeffreyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 07:01 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Then wouldn't O'Sullivan still at least be on Minnesota's Team Page as a "Top Prospect" ??? I'm confused he was considered a 'ranked' prospect last year wasn't he ?

As Steven Colbert would say...

All you need to know....O'Sullivan is awsome.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote