HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers' Mike, Eric return

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 12:05 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Rangers' Mike, Eric return

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-120092c.html

Old
11-08-2003, 12:09 AM
KING

Lindros Eager to Get Back on Ice

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

Old
11-08-2003, 12:53 AM
KING

Lindros' Return Sparks Shakeup

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/42487.htm

Old
11-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Quote:
Lundmark centering Dan LaCouture on the right and Dale Purinton on the left
Well there goes the offense on that line. My God Purinton plays and Moore sits??? Once again Sather shows what a genious he is. Think Lundmark will manage 5 minutes of ice time today?

Old
11-08-2003, 02:47 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Quote:
Lundmark is sure to be on Lindros' right, but Dominic Moore, who has played only center in college and his short pro career, could shift to the left and leave LaCouture the odd man out
Well, I've always liked Newday better anyway.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundyfan
Well there goes the offense on that line. My God Purinton plays and Moore sits??? Once again Sather shows what a genious he is. Think Lundmark will manage 5 minutes of ice time today?

I don't mind it much against the Flyers.. Let Moore watch this one, then get right back into it for the next one.. Not that I don't think he could handle it, but I can understand the move..

Having Barnaby, Simon, LaCouture and Purinton in the lineup takes care of anything Fedoruk and Brashear can throw at them, though they need to play it smart..

And I know a lot of people don't like it, but I LOVE Lindros on the wing.. I think it's where he belongs now, and even if he has to play with Holik, against tope lines, so be it, that means the other teams top line will have to play good d against them as well..

Old
11-08-2003, 04:30 AM
dedalus

Bouchard back on the bench as Poti returns. What does this guy have to do to crack the top six? It's not as if the M&Ms have been world beaters.

Sather said of his forward lines: "I can't think of a good reason to leave them together after that horror show [Thursday] night." How can the same not be said for the defense pairings? Much as I genreally hate the plus/minus stat, it sometimes reflects the truth. It's no accident the M&Ms were -3 that night while Bouchard was an even player.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Having Barnaby, Simon, LaCouture and Purinton in the lineup takes care of anything Fedoruk and Brashear can throw at them, though they need to play it smart..
Disagree. Sather's now totally abandoned the game plan, line-up and line combinations that have actually brought the team occasional success. Meanwhile, Hitchcock goes with the same lineup and line combos he goes with every night and simply allows the team's perception to mind-eff Sather into untested, desperate wholesale changes throughout. The team is now basically obligated to "goon it up", "send messages", whatever, basically turn the whole thing into a flexing match with a circus-like atmosphere that rarely ends up leading to a win. Discpline was a major reason for the Carolina blowout. These changes appear to be fuel on that fire to me.

As for Lindros, the last place I want his dainty sternoclavicalwhatever or his frail shoulder or his soft skull is glued to the right wing boards where anyone who feels like getting in a cheapshot will almost certainly put him out for another few weeks.

Luckily, the "world's greatest defenseman", "heart of the Ranger resurgence", Malakhov is in the lineup today. I mean, come on. After his brilliant coverage on the Brind'Amour goal Thursday, how could you possibly bench him?

Old
11-08-2003, 06:10 AM
nervousranger

vCash:
If Sather dresses Purinton over someone like Moore, then it shows he's falling right into Ken Hitchcock's plan of having us defending against goons instead of concentrating on winning a pivotal game. We're tough enough already that we shouldn't have to abandon what's been working to have it all ruined by countering with a goon squad just to make a point. This is a game where we need to win on the scoreboard. We've got a nice combination of skill and toughness going without Purinton being substituted for skill to throw it all off. Against the Flyers, we'll need all the skill we can get. Let's hope that article is all smoke.

Closed Thread