HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Bootland recalled

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 04:45 AM
Howard35

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Rumor: Bootland recalled

From rwc's boards they are saying booter is gonna be recalled for the nashville game..... i sense a new rivalry maybe in the mix....

Old
11-07-2003, 05:03 AM
Shoalzie

Interesting! I wonder if they did that since Thomas might not have his immigration papers completed in time for the game...it would leave a roster spot open.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:02 AM
SlavaKozlov

I agree, indeed. Bootland will give us a dimension we haven't had this season, a big body up front who likes to throw the body. Plus he can put up some points, 10GP 5G 0A 5PTS 27PIM. Too bad I have to work until 11:00 PM Saturday night, I will record this though, maybe it will be good enough to keep! let's roll Booter! I have followed him since we signed him last year, and I am excited he will get a shot, especially a good couple years before many expected him to!

Old
11-07-2003, 09:17 AM
MotownMadman

While I don't want a boxing match on ice, another chippy game could wake up the Wings some more. I also have kept an eye on Bootland and am eager to see how he does. He does appear to be a player that would give the team some grit and chip in a few goals.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:20 AM
PigPen

He probably won't play much, but when he does I expect things to happen.
Bootland is an antagonist first and foremost. I get the feeling he's going to get into a fight with somebody like Stevenson or Walker on his first shift.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
He probably won't play much, but when he does I expect things to happen.
Bootland is an antagonist first and foremost. I get the feeling he's going to get into a fight with somebody like Stevenson or Walker on his first shift.
Stevenson is out..... Is Bootland a legit enforcer type? If so it will be McKenzie or Brookbank that will offer the dance, perhaps Allison.
If he is a middle of the road type he can have his pick.....Walker, Tootoo, Hall, Kloucek, Hartnell..

Old
11-07-2003, 10:57 AM
PigPen

He's a middleweight. About the same size as McCarty. But like I said, he's more of an antagonist than anything else and against an inexperienced team in nashville that is very handy.

Average skater, excellent hands, battles in the corners and the front of the net. Has a good wrist shot, good offensive and defensive instincts. Loves to initiate contact and gets under the opponent's skin. Has been a team leader at every level of play. Willing to fight anybody.

May need work on his conditioning at the NHL level and the release on his slapshot isn't that great either. His skating although vastly superior to what it was in his draft year still needs some fine tuning. Needs to cutback on dumb penalties.

Once he fully develops he'll be somewhere inbetween what Maltby and McCarty are. Not a bad combination in a 3rd liner, really.

Old
11-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf
Stevenson is out..... Is Bootland a legit enforcer type? If so it will be McKenzie or Brookbank that will offer the dance, perhaps Allison.
If he is a middle of the road type he can have his pick.....Walker, Tootoo, Hall, Kloucek, Hartnell..

Not a legit enforcer, but a tough, gritty, mucker that will crash and bang. I tend to think that they should have brought up Barnes ( I know, I know the skating) for the fighting but I am glad that Holland atleast used his head somewhat.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Shoalzie

So what is the definitive word...is Thomas cleared to play or did they call up Bootland?

Old
11-08-2003, 10:14 AM
Shoalzie

They did call up Bootland, the story is on the Red Wings official site. I'd bet he'll stay with the team until Thomas gets his INS stuff squared away.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie
They did call up Bootland, the story is on the Red Wings official site. I'd bet he'll stay with the team until Thomas gets his INS stuff squared away.
So no thomas tonight then?

Old
11-08-2003, 12:53 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
No, not until the work visa thing is cleared up...don't expect to see Thomas until at least Monday.

Old
11-09-2003, 02:08 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
No, not until the work visa thing is cleared up...don't expect to see Thomas until at least Monday.
Holland said mid-week......

Closed Thread