HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

In Lombardi We Trust

Old
06-29-2006, 02:35 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
In Lombardi We Trust

Yesterday evening I was wondering about his first move as a King GM and, even if at the beginning I wasn't happy to see Pavol go, I've now realized how good this trade was for our organization.

Just go back 3 months...We are in panic mode, Taylor trades Tambellini, one of our best prospect, and Grebeshkov, a former 1st rounder. Now, the players Taylor traded for, Sopel and Parrish, aren't likely in the Kings plans. Parrish is Minnesota bound while it looks like LA is shipping the former Isles defenseman (and his fat contract) around.

After this deal, it was like our GM opened another hole in our hull, and the ship was already sinking before. Lombardi just plugged this hole. It sure sucks loosing Demitra, but this was the only option our GM had. O'Sullivan can make an impact next season and I keep hearing good things about Lewis. No question, O'Sullivan + Lewis is a better pair than Tambellini + Grebeshkov.

Basically our farm is better now than 12 months ago.
And the Kings are in better shape too. 12 months ago we still had to sign Demitra, but Cammalleri was still a question mark, now he's a top6. Other young key players still had to play their first full season as Pros (Gleason, Brown). All these guys gained experience and I expect a lot from them next season.

We have money to spend now, and I'm pretty curious to see what Dean will do. I think that sacrificing Demitra was the only option Dean had to right the ship. Now he has to work on a core of young promising players, if he'll make the right moves, next season could be fun...

We needed an italian to do things right.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 04:28 AM
shaayar78

Send a message via AIM to shaayar78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Yesterday evening I was wondering about his first move as a King GM and, even if at the beginning I wasn't happy to see Pavol go, I've now realized how good this trade was for our organization.

Just go back 3 months...We are in panic mode, Taylor trades Tambellini, one of our best prospect, and Grebeshkov, a former 1st rounder. Now, the players Taylor traded for, Sopel and Parrish, aren't likely in the Kings plans. Parrish is Minnesota bound while it looks like LA is shipping the former Isles defenseman (and his fat contract) around.

After this deal, it was like our GM opened another hole in our hull, and the ship was already sinking before. Lombardi just plugged this hole. It sure sucks loosing Demitra, but this was the only option our GM had. O'Sullivan can make an impact next season and I keep hearing good things about Lewis. No question, O'Sullivan + Lewis is a better pair than Tambellini + Grebeshkov.

And the Kings are in better shape too. 12 months ago we still had to sign Demitra, but Cammalleri was still a question mark, now he's a top6. Other young key players still had to play their first full season as Pros (Gleason, Brown). All these guys gained experience and I expect a lot from them next season.

We have money to spend now, and I'm pretty curious to see what Dean will do. I think that sacrificing Demitra was the only option Dean had to right the ship. Now he has to work on a core of young promising players, if he'll make the right moves, next season could be fun...

I agree with you absolutely 100%......My first second reaction to Demitra was a bit of a shock, but I realized that this was a great move Bardi made....Demitra said his eye still hasn't been given the 100% go yet, and he suffered a concussion last season, so its unlikely hell put in a full season of 82 games anytime soon....in return we got TWO great prospects, O' Sullivan will make the roster and easily has WAY MORE potential then either Perry or Getzlaf did for ducks...and I like Lewis, 2nd best and linemate of Okposo in USHL, and NO he is nothing like Dany Roussin, he made Okposo good and assisted on most of his goals, and Uni Of Michigan coaches think hes one of the best prospects theyve had coming to them in a long time.....I trust DL and know he'll do awesome moves!!

shaayar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 06:38 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
The Kings have money to spend...and they still have moves to make to dump salary. it sucks that the Kings lose Demetra, but salary was opened up so that we can get someone better like Elias.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 06:47 AM
riseandfall9

Im a huge Demitra fan! But if Demitra getting traded gets Sopel, Miller, Sopel off of our books im happy

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 07:06 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9
Im a huge Demitra fan! But if Demitra getting traded gets Sopel, Miller, Sopel off of our books im happy
With that salary, it is kind of like we're paying for two of him.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
we can get someone better like Elias.
Realize that 29 other teams are going to be pursiung Elias.

Old
06-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Realize that 29 other teams are going to be pursiung Elias.
Heck, I'm not convinced the Kings are even going to get involved in that bidding.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 09:39 AM
guzmania

What's the big concern with dumping salary? We have around 20 million dollars available for the guys we will sign. Lombardi already said he won't break the bank. 3 guys @ 3 per year and the job is done. Sheesh, the Cap Figure is important and all but get a grip. This money isn't coming out of your cookie jar. Just because someone posts the eminant demise of Sopel on an obscure Vancouver board half of us are off to the races screaming "I told you so". Let Lombardi do his thing and we'll see if it works. I think he has a plan, and that's real important.

" If we only lost "X's" contract the Kings would ROCK ( ),my wife would love me more, gas would be $.39 a gallon, the kids would have scholarships, the prospect of world peace would look like an attainable reality " . Repeat until doomsday. (The more 1 line posts the better. Get that total up there. Number of posts and respectability on these boards are directly porportional, everybody knows that!)

Let's all unwad our collective tighty whitey's and get to work pulling for our team. Water has gone under the bridge and a lot of other stuff too.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 10:44 AM
McSorley 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi

Agree with your post! I was pretty upset about losing Jeff, but getting O'Sullivan makes it all go away. O'Sullivan is a better player then Jeff and we can sign another UFA. Great trade and good moves so far. As a Kings fan, I'm happy. Looks like DL is making the right moves so far. I hope he stays with the youth movement and keeps Brown. Please keep Brown.

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
..." If we only lost "X's" contract the Kings would ROCK ( ),my wife would love me more, gas would be $.39 a gallon, the kids would have scholarships, the prospect of world peace would look like an attainable reality " . Repeat until doomsday...
I didn't even know we had "X" on our roster.
Damn, he's good. But if getting rid of him does all that, I say dump him!

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 02:01 PM
shaayar78

Send a message via AIM to shaayar78
Quote:
What's the big concern with dumping salary? We have around 20 million dollars available for the guys we will sign. Lombardi already said he won't break the bank. 3 guys @ 3 per year and the job is done. Sheesh, the Cap Figure is important and all but get a grip. This money isn't coming out of your cookie jar. Just because someone posts the eminant demise of Sopel on an obscure Vancouver board half of us are off to the races screaming "I told you so". Let Lombardi do his thing and we'll see if it works. I think he has a plan, and that's real important.

" If we only lost "X's" contract the Kings would ROCK ( ),my wife would love me more, gas would be $.39 a gallon, the kids would have scholarships, the prospect of world peace would look like an attainable reality " . Repeat until doomsday. (The more 1 line posts the better. Get that total up there. Number of posts and respectability on these boards are directly porportional, everybody knows that!)

Let's all unwad our collective tighty whitey's and get to work pulling for our team. Water has gone under the bridge and a lot of other stuff too.
Aaaa, thats why noone is responding to me....sheesh only 46 posts!!

shaayar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 07:10 PM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaayar78
Aaaa, thats why noone is responding to me....sheesh only 46 posts!!
Don't forget, any miserable little lamentation that makes up a sentence counts as a post. You're off to a great start.

Here's a little tidbit I found looking at the infamous Irish Blues personal web site, http://www.geocities.com/rmccleary97/capcounts_team.htm , the Kings have to spend 5.7 million dollars to get to the league minimum! Only Chicago and St. Louis have more money to spend on signing players. More as in less than a million. There is no Cap problem for the Kings.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Don't forget, any miserable little lamentation that makes up a sentence counts as a post. You're off to a great start.

Here's a little tidbit I found looking at the infamous Irish Blues personal web site, http://www.geocities.com/rmccleary97/capcounts_team.htm , the Kings have to spend 5.7 million dollars to get to the league minimum! Only Chicago and St. Louis have more money to spend on signing players. More as in less than a million. There is no Cap problem for the Kings.
Well I guess you could consider being below the minimum a problem. But once the RFA's are signed the Kings will at about $30 million. If they don't sign any "big name" free agents then the Kings will have one of the lowest payrolls in the league. Which might be a good thing. If for some reason this team did have a decent 1st half of the season....Lombardi would have plenty of room to take on salary at the trading deadline.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
If for some reason this team did have a decent 1st half of the season....Lombardi would have plenty of room to take on salary at the trading deadline.
Yeah, room to take on a whopping $56M extra in rental payroll. Imagine that team!

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Osprey

For those who are interested in this stuff, Eklund gives L.A. an "e3" for Elias, meaning that multiple, reliable sources have confirmed interest. He says that the Kings "are very interested in Elias according to the rumor mills." We'll see if the Kings are still mentioned past Saturday. That'll be a much better indicator of whether they're really interested or not, since it's mostly hearsay until then.

BTW, he also suggests that Lombardi likes Parrish and a new deal isn't out of the question. I'm guessing that Parrish wants to check around for his worth, first (which'll probably end up higher than Lombardi is willing to pay, but oh well).

Last edited by Osprey: 06-29-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote