HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Caps-Stars

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 04:37 PM
borro

vCash: 500
Proposal: Caps-Stars

Straight up deal of players:

Robert Lang for Richard Matvichuck.

Caps offer difference in salary for this year only. Leonsis has indicated he would do that. Caps get a solid dman to replace Klee. Stars get a 70 point guy and deal a palyer they have wanted to deal.

Old
11-08-2003, 05:04 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Given Dallas' depth at center, I see absolutely no reason for them to make this deal.

You're a Caps fan so you offer a deal that fills their need.

What about the other team?

Old
11-08-2003, 05:41 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Given Dallas' depth at center, I see absolutely no reason for them to make this deal.

You're a Caps fan so you offer a deal that fills their need.

What about the other team?
Dont think hes a caps fan....since hes from Texas and he doesnt post on the caps board...

Old
11-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

He's a Cap fan, that said, horrible deal in terms of team needs.

Richard Matvichuk is forming our new shutdown duo with Philippe Boucher. Those two provide a physical intimidation, dealing one of them would make no sense as the Stars no longer have the depth to replace a top 4 defenseman with another one. And with Hatch gone, the Stars would sooner add more physical help down low instead of substract some. Matvichuk is a big part of our defense and I can't see him getting traded.

But why in the hell would the Stars be interested in Robert Lang? They already have trouble fitting their top 3 centers into their line-up and giving them proper icetime, Turgeon, Modano and Arnott. Lang would not be needed in a scoring role as there's simply no room for him. That and I also prefer Niko Kapanen and Stu Barnes on our lower lines rather then some enginmatic, overpaid forward who is soft en inconsistant.

Two bad trading partners, Caps need Defense, Stars can't afford to cough up any.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:00 AM
Benji Frank

Turco's number's are already showing what Hatcher and to a lessor extent Sydor meant to this Stars team. Now Boucher's out. I'm not sure the Stars like this one.....

Old
11-09-2003, 06:16 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Lang is a good center who can chip 20 to 30goals and add 35 to 45 assists every year . He's 33 and he's paid 5M this year and next year also i think . He's not a cractere player or a game breaker and his defensive play lacks consistency .

Not sure if he have some kind of leadership in him ....

Call the Rangers or the Red Wings...

Closed Thread