HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators re-sign Redden/2 years, $13 million

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2006, 05:54 AM
  #151
Sens Rule
Registered User
 
Sens Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Yeah, if you ignore Zdeno Chara, Tomas Kaberle, Derek Morris, Tom Poti, Pavel Kubina and Sami Salo.
Yes these guys were real options 1st overall. Considering they were picked 59th, 204th, 13th, 59th, 179th and 239th. I would take Phillips over Morris and Poti anyway.

Look at the first round of 1996, the only player that is much better than Phillips is Briere and he was picked 24th. Saying Phillips was a first overall bust is showing you know little about hockey.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 06:12 AM
  #152
Sens Rule
Registered User
 
Sens Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal
I agree, Chara is probably only worth 3 or maybe 4 as well. And as I said before, Redden is good in the regular season, but he's got the Datysuk syndrome in the playoffs, therefore making him not worth 6.5 million.

As I said before, Ottawa wasn't going anywhere with Redden at his last price tag, paying him more money isn't gonna help you win.

But hey, if Ottawa is happy with a great regular season and flopping in the post, thats fine by me.
Redden has a higher ppg in the playoffs than in the regular season. He has 34 points in 70 games. Datsyuk has 15 pts in 42 games in the playoffs. Of course Datsyuk has a Cup.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 06:54 AM
  #153
SENSible1*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
Or if Rachunek was actually Havlat.
Redden sees Langenbruner (IIRC) skating down the right side with Rachunek way back chasing. To the left (at center, around the blueline) Havlat has his stick on Jeff Friesen. So Redden takes Langenbruner... and it turns out that Havlat lets his man go and Rachunek flies into the zone to double team Langenbruner. Friesen left all alone scores.
But Redden and Rachunek were terrible all period long.
It was a 2 on 3. Havlat did his job by slowing down to find the trailer.

If Rachunek had just stayed with his player instead of needelessly drifting over to Redden's it would have been a non scoring chance.

The blame rest entirley with Karel.

SENSible1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 07:54 AM
  #154
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
can Philly afford a guy like Chara with Hatcher and Rathje albatrossing them?
clarke stated hes not spending 5 or 6 million on 1 player this off season.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 08:05 AM
  #155
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Wow, Leaf trolls were out in full force in this thread.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 08:14 AM
  #156
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule
Yes these guys were real options 1st overall. Considering they were picked 59th, 204th, 13th, 59th, 179th and 239th. I would take Phillips over Morris and Poti anyway.

Look at the first round of 1996, the only player that is much better than Phillips is Briere and he was picked 24th. Saying Phillips was a first overall bust is showing you know little about hockey.
Well that list of players was thrown out there as a response to a poster who said Phillips would still be the number one selection today, so I made a point to list a bunch of defensemen who are clearly better or close to Phillips.

Anyway, the whole point is Phillips is a below average number one draft pick. There are real busts out there like Joly, Wickenheiser and such, but on the other hand, guys like Thornton, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Nash, Crosby and Ovechkin have been selected number one since Phillips while guys like Heatley, Spezza, Gaborik, Bouwmeester, etc have been available to the team picking at number one.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 08:20 AM
  #157
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Wow, Leaf trolls were out in full force in this thread.
Oh, like we really need a Bruins perspective on this one. How does everything look from the bottom of the division?

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 08:32 AM
  #158
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Oh, like we really need a Bruins perspective on this one. How does everything look from the bottom of the division?
Good, our team is really beginning to change it around, with a new GM, new coach, and new plans/philosophy. Waste is being rid of (Isbister, Green, McEachern, Leahy, Fitzgerald, Czerkawski, Reasoner, Lacouture, Leetch, Gill, etc.) and are team picked up an amazing group of young talent this past weekend (Kessel, Alexandrov, Lucic, and Rask thanks to your brilliant GM).


Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 08:39 AM
  #159
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Good, our team is really beginning to change it around, with a new GM, new coach, and new plans/philosophy. Waste is being rid of (Isbister, Green, McEachern, Leahy, Fitzgerald, Czerkawski, Reasoner, Lacouture, Leetch, Gill, etc.) and are team picked up an amazing group of young talent this past weekend (Kessel, Alexandrov, Lucic, and Rask thanks to your brilliant GM).

I have to tell you, it's going to be depressing watching the Bruins with our Boyes and our Rask in your line up. And Kessel would have been ours too if we had tanked it!

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 08:41 AM
  #160
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I have to tell you, it's going to be depressing watching the Bruins with our Boyes and our Rask in your line up.
Okay, good for you.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 10:00 AM
  #161
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,054
vCash: 500
ok guys, it has been almost 24 hours. SO far, there has not been any official word on the signing. The only thing we have is TSN's source saying a deal was signed. Nothing on the Sen's web site or NHL.com.

This will probably be the single biggest off-season move for the Sens and yet they have not announced it? Has anyone heard an official statement form the Sens or Redden?

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 10:04 AM
  #162
ladybugblue
Registered User
 
ladybugblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
ok guys, it has been almost 24 hours. SO far, there has not been any official word on the signing. The only thing we have is TSN's source saying a deal was signed. Nothing on the Sen's web site or NHL.com.

This will probably be the single biggest off-season move for the Sens and yet they have not announced it? Has anyone heard an official statement form the Sens or Redden?
Sens having a press conference 11am Eastern today to announce it. You can listen on team1200.com if you want.

ladybugblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 11:37 AM
  #163
Bileur
Registered User
 
Bileur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86
Why not,The sens organization developed Chara to this point why cant we help Mckee or Selai reach their full potentoal. Does not seem to outlandish to me.
Hey i'm not saying we dont need to bring someone in i'm saying its absolutely ridiculous to think Salei or Mckee can even come close to "replacing" Zdeno Chara.

Muckler made a huge mistake and signed the wrong guy.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 03:52 PM
  #164
Captain_Cunney
Registered User
 
Captain_Cunney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowling Alley
Country: England
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
Hey i'm not saying we dont need to bring someone in i'm saying its absolutely ridiculous to think Salei or Mckee can even come close to "replacing" Zdeno Chara.

Muckler made a huge mistake and signed the wrong guy.
I was in the boat of wanting Big Z over Redden, but you can hardly call it a "huge" mistake when you sign a d'man the caliber of Redden. I would've prefered Zed, but Redden is also a world class d'man. It is becoming more clear that Z wanted to test the market no matter what, this is not Muckler's fault. Chara is going to be looking for 7-8 million, I'm glad they didn't sign him for that.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 05:09 PM
  #165
HF2002
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal
Actually no, it was the facts "looking forward to Ottawa crashing and burning next year" (of course refering to myself), even if they don't crash and burn, what I said still doesn't change.

Read carefully young grasshopper.
The only thing that's factual is that you said it. Your opinion is not fact.

Grasshopper? Way to assert some kind of imaginary superiority.

HF2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.