HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JR's Letter to the Fans...

Old
06-30-2006, 01:51 AM
took420s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
This is why I was unsure the other day of whether you were spinning what I said. You know that I wasn't saying this.

That is exactly what you where trying to say...you know it!

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
That is exactly what you where trying to say...you know it!
Uh... no.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 02:46 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Im pulling for him. He is a proud guy, and he wants to win. You think he enjoyed last season? No friggin way. I understand Kings fans being upset. Let him go into the offseason, let him bust his *** and let him prove that last year was an aberration. To Kings fans who are still bitter or whatnot, let it go, you wont have to worry about him next season on the Kings.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 03:23 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Well, let see shall we?

JR says he was too pre-occupied last season. we all know this consisted of:
* talking to press like he actually had something to talk about
* running his mouth every chance he got
* dancing the whatever you call it at center ice
* complaining about skates issues for what seemed like eternity (c'mon, this is a day or two day getting over the hump fix you retard!)

but now he's back to writing letters now? stating that he's getting in shape with our trainer but wants to play for a contender in Canada? ***? How about this: "Don't waste my muther fing time or money!?"

JR loves to talk. we all know this. seeing JR's 'soft spot' is all BS. to quote Lester bangs:
"You got starry eyes my friend!"

--> DUMP JR'S A$$ TO THE CURB ONCE AND FOR ALL

P.S. With his performance last season, do you honestly think he could get any worse? It won't be that hard to be better than that.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 07:12 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I call BS. Eklund claims he is some supposed high profile media professional. There is no way that he would let any player swear in a letter and then basically bash himself and go into specifics about why JR sucked so bad. No way.

Would anyone here, after being let go from a job, write a letter in a paper about everything you did wrong, how you were an ******* about it, admit reasons anyone would know is unacceptable reasons for poor performance of your job, and how much you were thinking about other opportunities in your life, and then go out and find a job doing essentially the same thing you were doing before? No chance.

There is no way this is legit.

Last edited by GKJ: 06-30-2006 at 07:17 AM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 07:32 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I call BS. Eklund claims he is some supposed high profile media professional. There is no way that he would let any player swear in a letter and then basically bash himself and go into specifics about why JR sucked so bad. No way.

Would anyone here, after being let go from a job, write a letter in a paper about everything you did wrong, how you were an ******* about it, admit reasons anyone would know is unacceptable reasons for poor performance of your job, and how much you were thinking about other opportunities in your life, and then go out and find a job doing essentially the same thing you were doing before? No chance.

There is no way this is legit.
It is legit.
And there is no way you impersonate a high profile personality on a semi high profile site. How you can say this is not legit is beyond me.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 09:59 AM
ExplosionsintheGine

He came to L.A to retire, and soak it up in the sun and good weather, and hang out with celebritys, and go on Best Damn Sports show and things like that, he really didn't care and it's hard to belive he does now.

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
This is why I was unsure the other day of whether you were spinning what I said. You know that I wasn't saying this.
Umm... "it makes you wonder how JR's year may've turned out if he had had Lombardi (and, perhaps, Crawford) to hold him accountable". I hardly think I'm "spinning" anything.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Game Misconduct

I liked the letter. Came across as very sincere.

Game Misconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 12:04 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I can't stand JR. I think it was evident in the fact that I was calling him out on his play with the Kings long before anyone else here stopped defending him. That being said, I do agree with his concept of wanting to play in a city that actually pays attention to hockey (from a media standpoint.)

LA has two major daily newspapers... The Times, and The Daily News... we all know the kind of visibility hockey has during the season... minimal at best. Take a look at the off-season coverage provided by The Daily News:

http://www.dailynews.com/Kings

(Mike Parrish)

I rest my case

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Here's my response to him -

Dear JR,

**** you.

Signed,
Kings fans worldwide

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 02:30 PM
no name

Where is LGK personal rediculous apology?

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 02:31 PM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion

LA has two major daily newspapers... The Times, and The Daily News... we all know the kind of visibility hockey has during the season... minimal at best. Take a look at the off-season coverage provided by The Daily News:

http://www.dailynews.com/Kings

(Mike Parrish)

I rest my case
Tubby don't you think that the lack of coverage over the years has spawned the rabid internet boards? LGK has significant traffic, and I think this board does pretty well traffic wise. I know the North Valley and Santa Clarita seem to be hot beds of fandom. I see many more Kings fans than Lakers fans displaying their support of a really disappointing team out there. Hockey will never be the only game in town.

Just think Jeremy, if you had played with some heart you could have energized that borderline hockey fan and a real metropolis would have gone hockey crazy. Don't blame we the fans.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
Tubby don't you think that the lack of coverage over the years has spawned the rabid internet boards? LGK has significant traffic, and I think this board does pretty well traffic wise.

I do, but I think you are talking about such an infantessimally small fragment of the Southern California sports audience that you are deluding yourself into believing it is bigger than it is. Kinda like when hockey loses to ladies ping poing from Taiwan in the ratings

This market we live in, when compared to a canadian market, or NY, or Boston, or a few others, will never compete for attention internet or not. Hey, if we lived in Dallas, I would probably be saying the same thing, and they have had legitimate teams for many years the Kings (and Ducks) have not.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 03:03 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Tubby don't you think that the lack of coverage over the years has spawned the rabid internet boards? LGK has significant traffic, and I think this board does pretty well traffic wise. I know the North Valley and Santa Clarita seem to be hot beds of fandom. I see many more Kings fans than Lakers fans displaying their support of a really disappointing team out there. Hockey will never be the only game in town.
All that may be true, but just to put it in perspective, take a look at the Toronto Globe & Mail online hockey page for today:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/

They have 13 full hockey articles at the end of June - IN ONE DAY. The LA Times and Daily News haven't had that many since the middle of May COMBINED!

...and we won't even start comparing hockey talk on local sports radio. Calling it non-existent here is being charitable.

If you're main focus is being a media ***** and an overpaid part-time hockey player (in that order of importance), Canada is the place to be.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

Just think Jeremy, if you had played with some heart you could have energized that borderline hockey fan and a real metropolis would have gone hockey crazy. Don't blame we the fans.
Bingo. Too little to late Jeremy. Get the **** outta Dodge.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
It is legit.
And there is no way you impersonate a high profile personality on a semi high profile site. How you can say this is not legit is beyond me.
I think if your JR, you really could care less.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 05:56 PM
SLang

Quote:
This weekend is going to be fun because it's a new chance to find a team that I have a shot to win a cup with and also prove to all the people who have thrown me to the wolves. and see me as washed up, that I can I still play this game.This is my chance to make then all eat their f....... words.
See, the above paragraph is why the whole letter is bullsh*t. "Thrown me to the wolves"? "See me as washed up"? Hey JR, it's not like you did anything to show that those who thought that about you were actually wrong. You threw yourself to the wolves.

"This is my chance to make then all eat their f....... words."? So far, JR, all we've had from you over the past year is f....... words.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 07:37 PM
kingsfan25

He's claimed that he wants to make it up to us for his poor performance last year...if that's true then he'll suck with the next team he goes to...we're holding you to that, JR.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote