HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Re-lacing skates during a game

Old
06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
night-timer

vCash: 500
Re-lacing skates during a game

Sometimes I will adjust my skates up to four or five times during a training session or game. Does anyone else have this happen to them?

I use waxed laces and I like my skates to be very firm. Any looseness or movement inside the boot bugs me, especially where the foot meets the shin. It's possible that my boots are a little wide for me.

Even with waxed laces, it's possible that the laces are moving around or re-adjusting themselves as I skate.

night-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
I'm a fanatic with my skates. I will always stick with CCM/RBK because of the lace lock feature.

It keeps the laces tight and you can adjust the top three eyelets individually. I use wax laces and then usually end up taping over them.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 09:35 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Yeha sounds like you might wanna check to see if your skate fits you properly. Might be a high volume boot that you don't need.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 10:26 PM
night-timer

What does "high volume" mean?

Never knew CCM had a lace-lock feature. Sounds interesting.

night-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-timer
What does "high volume" mean?

Never knew CCM had a lace-lock feature. Sounds interesting.
I think a high volume boot means it's a deep and or big boot.

I think it may be your foot settling into your boot. Now, if you have any movement inside the boot when your skates are tied. Chances are you don't have the right fit. You shouldn't get any movement at all. My feet don't move in my 703's even then they are unlaced.

Short story. I had some 852 VacuTacks a bunch of years back. I bought them used and they seemed to fit pretty well. After a few months of skating in them I started getting blisters and was complaining about my skates not being tight enough and no support. I mentioned this to the kid sharpening my skates at the local shop. He said, sounds like they don't fit you. He measured my foot and sure enough they were about one size to big. He asked me to put them on. As soon as I did he looked at me and said "yeah those are way to big for you". He could tell just by looking at the laces.

Last edited by stick9: 07-01-2006 at 09:27 AM.
stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote