HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Which package do you like more?

View Poll Results: Which (possible) package do you like more?
Handzus and a player 20 66.67%
Lupul and a pick 10 33.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 06:56 AM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Which package do you like more?

I picked Handzus, we need a center.

[edit] I am referring to the packages mentioned in Brownlee's article]

Old
11-08-2003, 07:02 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I picked Handzus, we need a center.

[edit] I am referring to the packages mentioned in Brownlee's article]
I agee. I like Lupul, but I 'm tired of the Oilers trading for a player to help them down the road. I don't think we'll ge tfull value for MC but I'd like to get a roster player. If we can get Handzus who scored 23 goals for Philly last year, then great.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:08 AM
camboy

I picked Handzus and a player....Woywitka would be nice.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:11 AM
Oi'll say!

I like Lupul too, too bad our immediate needs are so great.

I also think the Oilers will need to throw something into the pot get a young player back along with Handzus, we give up about 4 years worth of player seeing as Handzus only has two or three Oiler years left in him.

I definitely don't want to see Brewer, Chimera, or Rita leaving town either. Sadly enough I would have to say that Staios should be the one added to the package if he isn't going to sign here.

Comrie & Staios for

Handzus, Woywitka, pick?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:19 AM
Seachd

I'm not sure which I would prefer. I think we'll see more rumours about who's being offered.

I think if that whole Stefan/Coburn thing comes back, I'd rather do that than Handzus/Woywitka. Handzus is better than Stefan (although Stefan is younger), but I don't think Coburn/Woywitka is close. I have a feeling Lowe is going to get some pretty tempting offers. But who really knows?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:31 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I like Lupul too, too bad our immediate needs are so great.

I also think the Oilers will need to throw something into the pot get a young player back along with Handzus, we give up about 4 years worth of player seeing as Handzus only has two or three Oiler years left in him.

I definitely don't want to see Brewer, Chimera, or Rita leaving town either. Sadly enough I would have to say that Staios should be the one added to the package if he isn't going to sign here.

Comrie & Staios for

Handzus, Woywitka, pick?
I would think Smith goes before Staios. JMO

Old
11-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Yanner39

I was thinking (oh oh...): I they trade for Handzus, is he capable of centering a number 1 line. I mean, he's never had that role before, not in St-louis, not Phoenix, not if Philly. Just wondering. The main void in the Oilers lineup is a #1 centre. The asset they want to use to get it is last year's number 1 centre.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
I was thinking (oh oh...): I they trade for Handzus, is he capable of centering a number 1 line. I mean, he's never had that role before, not in St-louis, not Phoenix, not if Philly. Just wondering. The main void in the Oilers lineup is a #1 centre. The asset they want to use to get it is last year's number 1 centre.
I'd like to see him get a shot at it, he's gotten over 23 goals and close to 50 points a couple times which is more than Todd ever had b4 last season. He plays a similar style to Todd and I thought the Oilers played well with him #1.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Easilee 27

I think Philly will win a bidding war because I think Hitch wants Comrie. Modano was quite similar to Comrie at that age, although his numbers were better, they were both one dimensional players. I think he sees the same potential in Comrie, and that we will end up with Handzus, and Woywitka somehow. Lynch and Woywitka were D partners in Red Deer, so that could bode well for the future. I'm leary of Handzus being considered our #1 center, however with the emergence of York at center that should'nt be an issue. Besides, no matter where he fits on the depth chart, he will fill our biggest need: someone to win the big faceoffs.

Closed Thread