HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For the first time in 10 years

Old
06-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Maithz

vCash:
For the first time in 10 years

We can have a really competitive lineup , signing Shanahan or Arnott would give us 2 and even 3 good lines , I havent see that since Recchi Damphousse and Turgeon times . Im gonna be 18 the 14th july so Its really the first time I could say the Habs can win the cup because everything I remember about the habs when I was young is the Russian line with Petrov - Zholtok - Zubrus

We could still dream of the cup !

Old
06-30-2006, 04:01 PM
schwartzy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
We can have a really competitive lineup , signing Shanahan or Arnott would give us 2 and even 3 good lines , I havent see that since Recchi Damphousse and Turgeon times . Im gonna be 18 the 14th july so Its really the first time I could say the Habs can win the cup because everything I remember about the habs when I was young is the Russian line with Petrov - Zholtok - Zubrus

We could still dream of the cup !
I agree. However, IMO, I think that if we signed Arnott (or someone similar) we would have four good lines. The first two would be great, the third would have loads of potential (Pleks et al.) and the fourth would be full of energy from Begin, Murray, Downey, etc...

I just hope tomorrow (and the days after) that we do indeed get someone for a second line centre..

schwartzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
SOLR

Im still giggling over that zherdev rumor from last night. Keep me away from the boards!

I think Arnott is the key, we dont need Shanahan. I say more like Arnott+some help on D.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:29 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

double post

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:30 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Ahh the good ol' Red Line days...I remember that year, things were starting to go well until Ptrov got hurt, i think it was a knee injury. Then the last month of the year when everyone is back, Koivu goes down with a shoulder injury and misses the nrest of the year, i was at the game against the Bruins in March of i forget which year. Anyways, lets all hope for Arnott and a quality defenceman, either Kubina or McKee or someone of that caliber. Getting rid of Sundstrom and Bulis is good news, now only if Ribeiro and Zednik could follow, then we'll really have a solid 23 man roster from top to bottom.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:34 PM
tinyzombies

Even if we sign Arnott, Shanny AND Elias, we still won't have a proper transition game because our D cannot move the puck. Especially under playoff pressure. Signing Bouillon is a good thing in and of itself, but overall it means we don't sign a puck mover, which is a very bad thing. Unless we trade one of our D for one (not Markov tho).

Last edited by tinyzombies: 06-30-2006 at 05:43 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote