HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boulton...Boulton...

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go

vCash: 500
Boulton...Boulton...

After today's whining in the Buffalo News, Boulton goes out trying to stir things up with a veteran in Langdon. They tussle for a long, long time. Then at the end he completely gives up, but the linesman stand back. I know the guy was tired, but he just stood there taking shots for a full 30-40 seconds. He knew the linesman were letting it go, and obviously Langdon wasn't stopping. Do something Boulton! You want your job back and you stand their doing the typical cement head routine. At least Langdon went to the box shaking his hand an awful lot. Nice job. You accomplished your goal. Your head really is a cinder block.

I would have much rather seen Peters in there trying on a technical fighter like Langdon than watch that display from Boltz. Man, oh, man. I can only hope that Ruff plays Peters tomorrow, and Darren is kind enough to oblige him for his second scrap in 2 nights.

If Peters can set up and keep a distance (which means not allowing Langdon to grab on because he's one of the best tie up artists in the game), he can throw some bombs.

Even if he doesn't, it will still be better than watching Boulton.

I used to like you Boltz...

Old
11-08-2003, 03:48 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

I found it very funny when they ended up skating near the zamboni doors and the camera switched to the camera down there, Boulton looked right into it for a good 5 seconds or so, he looked scared, tired and like a deer stuck in headlights. It was a good effort but none the less proved that Peters is the top enforcer on the team now. Why didnt Boulton just pull his arm under his shirt, he would have been free then?

Old
11-08-2003, 08:33 AM
ajsonor

I didn't analyze a replay of the fight, but I wonder how many punch Bolts threw with his recovering hand, and if that may have had any mental impact on the fight. I wouldn't be suprised if Peters was in the lineup tonight.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres22
I found it very funny when they ended up skating near the zamboni doors and the camera switched to the camera down there, Boulton looked right into it for a good 5 seconds or so, he looked scared, tired and like a deer stuck in headlights. It was a good effort but none the less proved that Peters is the top enforcer on the team now. <b> Why didnt Boulton just pull his arm under his shirt, he would have been free then?</b>
The tie-down rule (aka. the "Rob Ray Rule") would've seen him given a game misconduct if he'd slipped out of his shirt.

As for what Rhett mentioned, I have to agree. If someone's going to spout off in the press, at least have the stones to back it up on the ice that very night. Highly disappointing to see, especially from someone who's been in Peters' position not that long ago. Since he hasn't played in 10 games yet, there is always the option of farming him out to Rochester. I'm sure Kevin O. would give him the sympathy angle in the D&C.

Closed Thread