HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie to LA?

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Seachd

vCash: 500
Comrie to LA?

Did anyone else hear this? I got it off another message board (but it is Brian Hall, after all):

"According to CHED radio here in Edmonton, Mike Comrie was dealt early this morning to the Kings with two undisclosed picks for Alex Frolov and Jared Aulin of the Kings...

Brian Hall said he's waiting for confirmation from the team, but that the deal should be announced soon. He's claiming one of the picks could be in the first or second round of next year's draft. Frontrunners apparently came down to Anaheim, Atlanta and Philly."

Old
11-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Did anyone else hear this? I got it off another message board (but it is Brian Hall, after all):

"According to CHED radio here in Edmonton, Mike Comrie was dealt early this morning to the Kings with two undisclosed picks for Alex Frolov and Jared Aulin of the Kings...

Brian Hall said he's waiting for confirmation from the team, but that the deal should be announced soon. He's claiming one of the picks could be in the first or second round of next year's draft. Frontrunners apparently came down to Anaheim, Atlanta and Philly."

What the...

Old
11-08-2003, 08:51 AM
vb

If true I'd be pretty happy with that deal. Frolov is a player and Aulin was impressive in the WJHC 2 years ago.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:55 AM
Lowetide

Depending on the picks, that would be a stunner. Here's hoping.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Seachd

I don't like the idea of the picks, though. Like when Lowe threw in a 2nd in the Niinimaa trade. Frolov would definitely be a nice pickup, but he is a left winger, I think. You'd have to find room for him in the lineup, so would something else have to happen?

Old
11-08-2003, 08:59 AM
USC Trojans
AD

Wow, if it is then that would be a steal for the Oilers....I would've been happy with Frolov and a pick.

edit: gotta read it more carefully next time. If its Comrie and a 1st for Frolov and Aulin then I'd be a little disappointed in losing the 1st rounder.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
I don't like the idea of the picks, though. Like when Lowe threw in a 2nd in the Niinimaa trade. Frolov would definitely be a nice pickup, but he is a left winger, I think. You'd have to find room for him in the lineup, so would something else have to happen?

Obviously this would give us a stable of young players - one or two of which could be dealt for picks to replace what we give up. I think Lowe has done well outside the first round lately - with some serious potential steals in Joukov, Brodziak, Greene, and others.

Frolov is solid - a russian Ryan Smyth even. Aulin seems a little injury prone, but that happens to everyone who plays for LA. I liked him at the WJC, and gives us another good prospect up the middle with decent size.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:06 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Hmm...

Could this be it?

Old
11-08-2003, 09:07 AM
dem

I doubt this has went down...
but if we give up a first rounder... im going to kick lowe in the balls.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Hemmer

Just heard the Copper and Blue report on 630 Ched...

Not a peep about the deal at all...just a rehashing of this morning's paper

Old
11-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Guys I'm a Kings fan trolling on this one. Just wanted to tell you someone was posting crap yesterday about fake trades that he made up on LGK. Yesterday it was Corvo and a 3rd for Lang today it's this. So everyone there is skeptical that it's true. The other thing. Aulin is injured and wont be back til about Feburary and or March. So I don't think it's true.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:10 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

I just listened to the "Oilers report" on CHED and nary a word about any pending trade. Wouldn't they have mentioned something like that?

In any case, I'd be in favor of that deal and I'm in favor of adding a pick or more if it makes the difference between getting an "ok" player in return and getting a "great" player in return. The Oilers have plenty of "ok" and not nearly enough "great" in the organization.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
I just listened to the "Oilers report" on CHED and nary a word about any pending trade. Wouldn't they have mentioned something like that?

In any case, I'd be in favor of that deal and I'm in favor of adding a pick or more if it makes the difference between getting an "ok" player in return and getting a "great" player in return. The Oilers have plenty of "ok" and not nearly enough "great" in the organization.
Exactly. Both Frolov and Aulin have that potential.

Look at this...

Frolov Aulin Hemsky
Torres Pouliot Rita
Mihknov Niinimaki Salmelainen
Jacques Stortini McDonald
Joukov Brodziak Umicevic
Helminen Winchester Caron
Murphy Bishai Rohlfs

7 full forward lines of prospects...

Old
11-08-2003, 09:20 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
I doubt this has went down...
but if we give up a first rounder... im going to kick lowe in the balls.

Thats too funny.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:22 AM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
Exactly. Both Frolov and Aulin have that potential.

Look at this...

Frolov Aulin Hemsky
Torres Pouliot Rita
Mihknov Niinimaki Salmelainen
Jacques Stortini McDonald
Joukov Brodziak Umicevic
Helminen Winchester Caron
Murphy Bishai Rohlfs

7 full forward lines of prospects...
Because prospects always turn out :p
We would be lucky if half those guys do anything

Old
11-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Because prospects always turn out :p
We would be lucky if half those guys do anything

True...but the bigger the stable, the more horses you can fit in it.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:40 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Oh jeez! Someone is posting LGK as a source (that "other message board" is Letsgokings.com)? How long will it be before someone at LGK posts this thread as a source? A couple of times a year (Kings fans will remember the Anson Carter and Eric Lindros trade rumors) some jackasses at LGK will make up a rumor, then someone at HF posts a link to that rumor as a source, then someone at LGK posts a link to HF as a source, and around and around we go like a dog trying to stick is head up his own arse.

If the Edmonton radio stations have not jumped all over this (as some of you are saying that not a thing was mentioned), then one would be wise to be skeptical of this so-called "source". The rumor might come true, but it won't be because this guy had any advanced warning of it happening.

In fact, the thread at LGK that started the rumor already has about 3 pages of how the guy is a moron for making up the rumor.

11-08-2003, 09:43 AM
USC Trojans
AD

btw, do they make trades on weekends?

Old
11-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Oh jeez! Someone is posting LGK as a source (that "other message board" is Letsgokings.com)? How long will it be before someone at LGK posts this thread as a source?
Please note I did not pass this off as a source of legitimate information. I would have to believe it's true for that to happen. What I did ask is if anyone else heard this, because I don't get 630 CHED where I am (unless I'm in the car ) The point is, I did not pass this off as fact, or even as a rumour. I asked if it had been heard by anyone else. It's up to you to decide whether you want to think there's anything in it or not. But don't slag on others for bringing more discussion into a message board.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:05 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Quote:
Please note I did not pass this off as a source of legitimate information. I would have to believe it's true for that to happen. What I did ask is if anyone else heard this, because I don't get 630 CHED where I am (unless I'm in the car ) The point is, I did not pass this off as fact, or even as a rumour. I asked if it had been heard by anyone else. It's up to you to decide whether you want to think there's anything in it or not. But don't slag on others for bringing more discussion into a message board.
Seachd,

Don't feel bad. You did the right thing. I'm on your side.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
It's cool Seachd. I don't think he was trying to "slag" you. You did the right thing, where else is the rumor best to be confirmed or denied? Not in LA that's for sure

Old
11-08-2003, 10:14 AM
Mr Sakich

I could live with this deal because of the oilers' depth at forward and prospects. There are so many good young players in the sytem that it may be worthwhile to take a shot on these two kids with enormous potential.

For just about any other team, the depth isn;t there to make this trade. The oilers allready have an extra 2nd pick next year so if it a first, then it isn't the end of the world (having 2 seconds instead of a 1st and second).

Old
11-08-2003, 10:19 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
No, no... I'm more after the guy who started this rumor at LGK to begin with and want to make sure that no one over here thinks the "other message board" is a legit source. In fact, I did notice your attempt at verifying the claimed radio source from LGK am appreciative of that. I'm just trying to make sure the Comrie situation does not turn into another Dancing Boy/Anson Carter/Eric Lindros incident again. That was a huge mess!

Old
11-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
No, no... I'm more after the guy who started this rumor at LGK to begin with and want to make sure that no one over here thinks the "other message board" is a legit source. In fact, I did notice your attempt at verifying the claimed radio source from LGK am appreciative of that. I'm just trying to make sure the Comrie situation does not turn into another Dancing Boy/Anson Carter/Eric Lindros incident again. That was a huge mess!
Okay, that's cool. I overreacted. I'm very cautious about what I post, and don't want to be involved in rumour mongering, but I'm certainly not opposed to spreading a little speculation to get the ideas flowing.

Old
11-09-2003, 08:42 AM
outKast*

any news on this trade today?

Closed Thread