HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon signed!

Old
07-01-2006, 01:39 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
gainey blew it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003
According to RDS, for 3 years.

Edit : According to CHFANS FORUM, Bouillon will receive 1,89M per season.

add another $ 1.5 and get McKEE , at least we get a premier shutdown defender, not a midget being exposed in the playoffs.

stupid signing

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Commodore signed for 1.25M in Carolina... yet Bouillon gets 1.8?
Oh man... horrible signing!

While he was injured at the end of the year, I surely didn't miss him. Gainey should have let him walk and play Streit/Cote instead.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 01:45 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Commodore is RFA.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 01:49 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman
add another $ 1.5 and get McKEE , at least we get a premier shutdown defender, not a midget being exposed in the playoffs.

stupid signing

McKee is not a premier shotdown defenseman. IMO opinion, he's in the same range as Witt

Old
07-01-2006, 01:49 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans
so bouillon deserve more that Markov
Markov will be paid 2M and he will ask more when we would re-sign him

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 01:59 PM
znk

Wow...nice over reaction by some of you....

Seriously Bouillon was far superior to Dandenault for at least 3/4 of the year. He's getting paid less then Dandenault. So its pretty good. He's definetly more then a 6th D or at the verry least one of the best 6th D you could find.

He's in the top 10 in the league for hits.
4th D on the team for time on ice. (20 mins per game).
More points then Dandenault even tho he played 15 less games.

He would have got more from some other teams looking for a warrior type D that shows up every game.

I'm quite happy because unlike many I dont think our D was a problem last year. Offense is what we need to worry about.

ps: Carboneau talking about Bouillon at the end of the season. http://www.chfans.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=15130
I'm too lazy to translate.....but mainly saying. He's a warrior, a good peice to this team and his value is increasing in the new NHL. Definetly want him back next year.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Darz

Good signing.

I highly doubt Gainey could of gotten a better defenseman on the free agent market for that kind of money.

07-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
add another $ 1.5 and get McKEE , at least we get a premier shutdown defender
agreed.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Live Forever

I was expecting something in the 1.5 mil range, but a couple dollars more or a couple of dollars less...it's all the same in the end. Bob mentioned he wanted to bring the team payroll to around 40 million if able, so since he has that extra money in his pockets, why do we want him to nickle and dime guys who have played their heart out for us in the past...Reward them!

Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:11 PM
LeHab

Quote:

stupid signing
What tells you Mckee wants to play for the habs ?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:11 PM
paddy

In my opinion, it's too much for him, but then again, salaries in the league are rising FAST.

Gainey hardly had a choice with the high pressure coming from the french media and francophone fans who weren't going to forgive him if he let Bouillon walk.

500k more was for the fact that he's one of the few remaining francophone on this team. If his name was Bolton, he would've probably signed for 1.5M.

My 2 cents

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I thought $1.5M would have been a nice enough maximum. But again, like with the Huet deal, it's not entirely a bad thing to overpay a tad. When players are treated really well like that, it probably can only help the team morale.

Also, when you think about what players are getting on today's market, maybe $1.9M for Bouillon won't seem quite as bad 3 years from now. When Rivet and Souray signed, their contracts seemed a tad high too. But for this final year on their deals, they are actually fair value-edging-towards-bargains for what they're getting. Probably 3 years from now, Bouillon's salary will seem more like the status quo and less like an overpayment too, and we'll have had a happy and loyal employee in the meantime.

It's going to be interesting to see what BG can do with the RFAs now. Because we're basically sitting at around $39M on conservative estimates to the RFAs. If instead we're going to be a tad generous on the deals to Ryder, Komi, Perez, Higgins, Ribs also... well, we'd basically fill the cap right there and there won't be any room for additions at all.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:22 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Too much? Nah... Come on guys, Bouillon gives everything he has every shift and he rarely make mistakes. He is one of our must trustable d-man, plus he brings a physical game. I am very happy with this signing and BG thanked Cube for everything he done. Yes, we overpaid a little bit but IMO, you guys underate Bouillon alot.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:25 PM
davey999

If moving the theo contract means we overspend on guys like Bouillon, then Gainey is a moron.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:27 PM
tinyzombies

Count me among those who are unimpressed as well. This is the second year in a row he's overspent on a bottom pair defenseman and we have three guys entering the last year of their contracts. I'm guessing Rivet gets a $16M/4 year extension now? We're never going to see the Cup chaps.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:28 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003
According to RDS, for 3 years.

Edit : According to CHFANS FORUM, Bouillon will receive 1,89M per season.
Why not spend a million more and get a salei. This is a joke.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Why not spend a million more and get a salei. This is a joke.
exactly, or Kuba.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Garnett

Bouillon

I the first 20 games of the season when Dandy, Souray, Komi, and Markov (a little) were struggling Franky was logging a lot of minutes and carried the D with Rivet. Bouillon is excellent in transition hockey and the defence wasn't the probably down the stretch and in the playoffs!! Remember we couldn't score goals. I like the Defense its solid and I feel underrated!!!

Garnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:33 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnett
I the first 20 games of the season when Dandy, Souray, Komi, and Markov (a little) were struggling Franky was logging a lot of minutes and carried the D with Rivet. Bouillon is excellent in transition hockey and the defence wasn't the probably down the stretch and in the playoffs!! Remember we couldn't score goals. I like the Defense its solid and I feel underrated!!!
That doesn't mean it can win a Cup. It can't. Our defense is similar to Carolina's, except Carolina is able to move the puck. Not only does this mean that we aren't going to see a Cup run, it means we're going to have to watch a boring style of hockey to compensate for our lack of transition.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Count me among those who are unimpressed as well. This is the second year in a row he's overspent on a bottom pair defenseman and we have three guys entering the last year of their contracts. I'm guessing Rivet gets a $16M/4 year extension now? We're never going to see the Cup chaps.
Ding Ding Ding !!!!

If you want to overpay , at least do it on some important elements (Koivu) , not bottom pairing D like Bouillon and Dandenault or our 4th line center wonder Radek Bonk.

I have topadmit though , Bouillon is far from the worse case.To me it's not the 1.8 million per se that bother me but more the 3 years attached to it.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Wow...nice over reaction by some of you....

Seriously Bouillon was far superior to Dandenault for at least 3/4 of the year. He's getting paid less then Dandenault. So its pretty good. He's definetly more then a 6th D or at the verry least one of the best 6th D you could find.

He's in the top 10 in the league for hits.
4th D on the team for time on ice. (20 mins per game).
More points then Dandenault even tho he played 15 less games.

He would have got more from some other teams looking for a warrior type D that shows up every game.

I'm quite happy because unlike many I dont think our D was a problem last year. Offense is what we need to worry about.

ps: Carboneau talking about Bouillon at the end of the season. http://www.chfans.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=15130
I'm too lazy to translate.....but mainly saying. He's a warrior, a good peice to this team and his value is increasing in the new NHL. Definetly want him back next year.
He's making more than Dandenault now who also outplayed him in the playoffs where it counts. I'd be curious to see the statistics and overall team performance when he wasn't in the line up. Furthermore, he may hit a lot but he still can't handle your everyday 200 lbs forward. He can't clear the front of the net, usually loses the puck in the corners where he is consistently outmuscled, does not make good outlet passes, is a liability on the pk, and can be easily replaced by Streit which is exactly why he's a No 6 or No 7 defenseman. He's no Rivet or Souray either so the idea of him playing in the top four is simply silly. You don't think so? Watch a replay of the Carolina series, Tampa series and even Boston.

No question he gives it his best and I do like him for his work ethic, but not at just under 2 million for three years. Not when there are so many better alternatives.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Reiher

Alright well, most of you think that's too much, but what do you guys think of Boston and signing Chara for 5 years at 7.5 million a year!?? All of you would be having a fit if that's what we got!

Reiher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Montrealer

My crystal ball shows HFBoarders complaining incessently about Bouillon and his contract for the next three years during the next three seasons.

Wunderbar.

Then again, maybe $1.875m a year is the new going rate for a #6 d-man.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer
My crystal ball shows HFBoarders complaining incessently about Bouillon and his contract for the next three years during the next three seasons.

Wunderbar.

Then again, maybe $1.875m a year is the new going rate for a #6 d-man.
Perhaps a valid question is will Bouillon get better and has the team improved as result.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 07:36 PM
RNiner

I'm starting to think some of you judge talent based on NHL 2006 ratings or something. Boullion a 6th d-man? What season were you watching? There were whole nights where he was the only guy hitting people. The man is a rock on the puck, skates/passes it out of our zone very well (one of the better transition dman the Habs have had in ages) and plays solid man-on-man defense. Out of all our dmen, I rarely if ever said "Dammit Boullion, you suck." Rivet got most of that time.

Apparently none of that matters, because he's short and doesn't play on the PP very well. Ridiculous. There is far more to being a top 4 d-man then PP time and height!

To think some of you would rather have some scrub for 1 mil instead. Why, so you can have someone to berate all year? Without him we'd be reduced to playing Cote for 35-40 games this year. (Unless you really think our group of 6 wont have that many man-game injuries this year.)

Letting a guy who plays his heart out every game walk sends a horrible message. Rewarding a player like that with a good contract sends positive vibes all season long.

And finally, the comparisons to other dmen who are RFA's and not UFA's is useless. We had to slightly overpay because of the UFA status. And the D-men market this offseason is already ridiculous. Within two weeks we may find out that similar d-men are going for 2 and 2.5 mil.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote