HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers sign Valiquette

Old
07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41 View Post
I liked him when he was with the Islanders. In 99-00 he played 6 games 6 ga and 1.97 gaa. aint bad for a player that was 22. This is when they had Potivn and Loungo in net. I feel he can backup about 25 games with the Rangers. Weekes can be dealt and has some value.
I think I've seen him play a handful of games in the NHL for Isles,Oil, Rangers. He was a star in 3 of them, including a headstanding victory over my Flyers a couple of years ago. I've never understood why he wasn't given more of a chance.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:50 PM
PoutinePourMoi

I think that valiquette is a brilliant pickup for you guys. Not that you dont already have depth, but with his outstanding play over in Russia, and his experience, you guys could have something bigger here. Not to say he will be taking the spot from Lundqvist, but I think the majority of this year he will be with the Rangers, as opposed to Hartford.

PoutinePourMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 02:00 PM
True Blue

The guy just never struck me as an NHL-caliber goalie. I think that this is just a depth move, in case Weekes is flipped at the deadline.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 06:00 PM
shoothepuck

would seem that Weekes days are numbered.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Why? Do you think the organization would start the season with having all the goalies in the system not named Lundqvist having a grand total of 9 games of NHL experience?

And who, prey tell, is burning up the phone lines, demanding Weekes?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:56 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Why? Are you really all that comfortable with Valiquette being the backup? Whether or not he is even NHL worthy is questionable. Weekes is a legit NHL goaltender. Valiquette is not. Since Henke is not going to start every single game, I would fear every game that Valiquette would be in. Valiquette is not anywhere near the caliber of goalie that Weekes is.

I just do not understand the need that some feel to trade Weekes. It just makes no sense at this point.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Nich

depth signing. people on this board are freaking crazy fans sometimes. Weekes is a good team guy, a solid goalie when it comes down to it, and def beneficial as a leader in the locker room for this team. why get trade him if we have the cap space?

if it comes down to it, he will still have more trade value at the trading deadline than now, so why just give him away when no matter what, you are better off slotting him as the #2 goalie in the beginning of the season???

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote