HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hatcher and Rathje's contracts

Old
07-02-2006, 05:32 PM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
Hatcher and Rathje's contracts

Looking around the league at what teams are paying for defensemen, Rathje and Hatcher's contracts actually dont look that bad anymore. The league went absolutely ape ***** signing big name defensemen. In the last couple days we saw the following signings: 7.5 for Chara, 6.5 for Redden, 6.5 for Jovo, 6 for Blake, 5.75 for McCabe, 5 for Kim Johnson, 5 for Kubina, 4 for McKee, and 3.5 for Willie Mitchell. I mean, Joe freaking Corvo got 2.6 and Brian Fing Pothier got 2.5. Hatcher and Rathje are not necessarily treasured assets, but they are better than a lot of people give them credit for here. Anyway, 3.5 for them isnt looking so bad anymore.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Looking around the league at what teams are paying for defensemen, Rathje and Hatcher's contracts actually dont look that bad anymore. The league went absolutely ape ***** signing big name defensemen. In the last couple days we saw the following signings: 7.5 for Chara, 6.5 for Redden, 6.5 for Jovo, 6 for Blake, 5.75 for McCabe, 5 for Kim Johnson, 5 for Kubina, 4 for McKee, and 3.5 for Willie Mitchell. I mean, Joe freaking Corvo got 2.6 and Brian Fing Pothier got 2.5. Hatcher and Rathje are not necessarily treasured assets, but they are better than a lot of people give them credit for here. Anyway, 3.5 for them isnt looking so bad anymore.
3.5 for Rathje actually looks pretty good right now, it'll probably look even better in the coming years.

Hatcher however.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:42 PM
A Flock Of Seguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North View Post
3.5 for Rathje actually looks pretty good right now, it'll probably look even better in the coming years.

Hatcher however.
Makes him look a little easier to trade at least?

A Flock Of Seguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:42 PM
IranCondraAffair

Personally, I was critical of the contracts not because of the money, but because of the length involved. Look at NJ, sure, 6 million for Elias seems like a bargain now, but what happens if his play declines and you're stuck with a player for years who can't contribute? This isn't the NFL, salaries are guaranteed, you're stuck with whomever you sign.

As a Sens an I was disappointed when Redden only signed for two years, in retrospect though it mitigates the potential disaster of a large contract hampering the team for years.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:44 PM
BringBackStevens

the rathje contract doesn't look bad in my eyes

its the hatcher one however that i can't agree with. we really need to unload him

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Brad*

The Rathje deal doesn't look quite as bad, but the Hatcher deal is still terrible.

Brad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:35 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
great post i was just about to post that ealier but i decided to post it later. I totatlly agree. Even Hatcher would have gone for more than 3.5 this year. You will all see thatas long as he is healthy he will play fine and will fit his abilities to the new game.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:52 AM

Despite it looking better, the Rathje deal is smegging horrible still.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Thank you for this post! I never thought I'd look at either of those contracts and not be disgusted. This view of the contracts made me tolerate them much more than before.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote