HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We didn't signed anyone...BUT...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2006, 02:13 PM
  #1
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,504
vCash: 500
We didn't signed anyone...BUT...

We still have Huet and Bouillon...

Don't forget that guys...they were both UFA and we could have lose them for nothing. Same thing last year, with Kovalev. We didn't add anyone yet, but we didn't lose a valuable player.

That's why I think that most you you should stop crying because we didn't signed Elias or Arnott. And Gainey probably tried hard to sign one of them, but we are not alone.

Anyways, Ottawa losed Chara and Pothier, Buffalo losed McKee...and we losed Bulis. Not bad after all...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
  #2
davey999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
We still have Huet and Bouillon...

Don't forget that guys...they were both UFA and we could have lose them for nothing. Same thing last year, with Kovalev. We didn't add anyone yet, but we didn't lose a valuable player.

That's why I think that most you you should stop crying because we didn't signed Elias or Arnott. And Gainey probably tried hard to sign one of them, but we are not alone.

Anyways, Ottawa losed Chara and Pothier, Buffalo losed McKee...and we losed Bulis. Not bad after all...
correct and we had to scrap just to get in the playoffs and didn't win a home game in post season. Great.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:19 PM
  #3
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
I would take Elias over Huet + Bouillon.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:20 PM
  #4
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
I admire your optimism. Yes, it could be a bit worse without Huet and Bouillon. But it could had been way better with an Elias, a Langenbrunner or a Chara !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:21 PM
  #5
Ginoro
Registered User
 
Ginoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
I would take Elias over Huet + Bouillon.
Ok so what's your point ? Elias didnt wanted to leave NJ, that looks pretty obvious...

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:23 PM
  #6
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Ok so what's your point ? Elias didnt wanted to leave NJ, that looks pretty obvious...
I would take Chara over Bouillon + Huet

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:23 PM
  #7
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
We haven't signed anyone YET. There's a difference.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:23 PM
  #8
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
I admire your optimism. Yes, it could be a bit worse without Huet and Bouillon. But it could had been way better with an Elias, a Langenbrunner or a Chara !
But we were not able to attract any of those player...

Imagine losing Bouillon and Huet and not being able to sign anyone to upgrade the team...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:24 PM
  #9
davey999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
I would take Chara over Bouillon + Huet
me too. But according to this board, Chara is way overrated.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:25 PM
  #10
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
But we were not able to attract any of those player...

Imagine losing Bouillon and Huet and not being able to sign anyone to upgrade the team...
If you aren't able to attract a UFA, you aren,t trying enough

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:25 PM
  #11
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999 View Post
me too. But according to this board, Chara is way overrated.
If you dislike it so much around here, feel free to leave

  Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:25 PM
  #12
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Bouillon is so unbelievably mediocre. There has to be a player out there who could do a better job. It's real disappointing that we are apparently not looking to upgrade our D.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:26 PM
  #13
davey999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz View Post
If you dislike it so much around here, feel free to leave
Only positive posters allowed...

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:30 PM
  #14
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednified View Post
Bouillon is so unbelievably mediocre. There has to be a player out there who could do a better job. It's real disappointing that we are apparently not looking to upgrade our D.
You're probably one of the 10% (even less) who thinks that Bouillon is "mediocre". He is not the second coming of Bobby Orr, but he's a solid #6 man, as good as any other #6 d-man ib the NHL.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:30 PM
  #15
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999 View Post
Only positive posters allowed...
So why are you here?

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:33 PM
  #16
davey999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreVX View Post
So why are you here?
Last time I checked it was a free country.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:38 PM
  #17
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,470
vCash: 500
We need big forwards, but there were only three decent ones on the market.

We need puck moving defensemen, but we have to clear the logjam first. We have three guys in the last year of their contract. Resigning Markov is extremely important. Resigning Souray or Rivet, I dunno. We have to if there is no one else, but then our puck mover problem remains and we don't win.

Gainey obviously has a team in mind. Perhaps he just wants to let the kids develop for now, or maybe he has targetted a free agent for next summer. Or maybe a trade is in the making.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:40 PM
  #18
davey999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
We need big forwards, but there were only three decent ones on the market.

We need puck moving defensemen, but we have to clear the logjam first. We have three guys in the last year of their contract. Resigning Markov is extremely important. Resigning Souray or Rivet, I dunno. We have to if there is no one else, but then our puck mover problem remains and we don't win.

Gainey obviously has a team in mind. Perhaps he just wants to let the kids develop for now, or maybe he has targetted a free agent for next summer. Or maybe a trade is in the making.
Or maybe he just has no clue. Who knows?

He hasn't gained any trust so far.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:41 PM
  #19
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,855
vCash: 500
there's a rumor we offered Elias 8 M $ a year..is that true?

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:41 PM
  #20
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
If you aren't able to attract a UFA, you aren,t trying enough
There's a difference between trying to bring someone at any cost and trying to bring someone while keeping your feet on the ground...

I don't want Arnott at 5.5M...

I don't want Chara at 8M...

I don't want Elias for 7 years at 7M...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:50 PM
  #21
davey999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
There's a difference between trying to bring someone at any cost and trying to bring someone while keeping your feet on the ground...

I don't want Arnott at 5.5M...

I don't want Chara at 8M...

I don't want Elias for 7 years at 7M...
But you want Bonk at 2.7 or Dandenault at 2.5?

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:53 PM
  #22
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999 View Post
But you want Bonk at 2.7 or Dandenault at 2.5?
Didn't Dandy only get 1.7?

And yeah, I prefer those guy because they are valuable and they leave you some cap room. Keep in mind that you can't sign a player each and every year...maybe Gainey tried, but he wasn't able to sign his guy. Now, he might just wait next year...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:54 PM
  #23
Ginoro
Registered User
 
Ginoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Dandenault 2.5 ? Bonk 2.7 ? What about 1.725 and 2.394 ?

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:54 PM
  #24
davey999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Didn't Dandy only get 1.7?

And yeah, I prefer those guy because they are valuable and they leave you some cap room. Keep in mind that you can't sign a player each and every year...maybe Gainey tried, but he wasn't able to sign his guy. Now, he might just wait next year...
Bonk is valuable how?

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:55 PM
  #25
davey999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Dandenault 2.5 ? Bonk 2.7 ? What about 1.725 and 2.394 ?
Sorry. With this team a million is everything. THE BOTTOM LINE!

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.